GameStop Switch Trade-in Offers 11th-20th

#91 ihadmail  

ihadmail

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:34 AM

Double post

#92 ihadmail  

ihadmail

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:34 AM

Does GS accept a 3DS with a cracked screen? I bet the refurb fee is significant. I ask because a pawn store near me has a 3ds with a cracked screen for $15. It turns on but the upper screen is 80% Fuck ed.

I just traded in a 3DS with a gouge across the touch sensitive screen, no stylus. They charged me a $12 refurb fee. It was part of a bundle I bought from CL and I'm honestly shocked they took it at all.

#93 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   550 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:41 AM

I just traded in a 3DS with a gouge across the touch sensitive screen, no stylus. They charged me a $12 refurb fee. It was part of a bundle I bought from CL and I'm honestly shocked they took it at all.

Interesting. $12 on a 75-100 system when it feels like friggen $20 games get $8 fees there sometimes. Gotta love GS.

#94 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7448 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

"Hardware exclusions include: Consoles with parental controls that can’t be removed. PS Vitas with cracked screens or severely scratched screens. PS3 systems that will not power on/yellow light shutdowns. Handheld Systems that will not power on with the charger plugged in. Systems known to be modified. Hardware with severe cosmetic damage to the extent of being clearly un-repairable, or to an extent that clearly renders it ineligible for resale (i.e. severe or unsightly scratches, cracked cases, exposed internal components). Systems infested with insects or any other creatures. Systems with specific cosmetic identifiers."

Says only Vitas with cracked screens they do not take.

Thanks for the responses. $12 is not bad for that type of damage. GS must have a good profitable system for refurbing DS screens but not Vita screens. 

Open spoiler at your own risk.

Spoiler

#95 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1220 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

Sell me your NN3DS'!

Jon+G+and+Jamie.png

#96 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

Holy Shite that's nasty. People who deal with the public really should be paid more.

You have no idea man. When I worked at GS people would regularly bring in systems crawling with roaches, ants or spiders. When told we don't accept systems infested with live animals they would get pissed and start yelling about how that's not fair, blah blah blah. Good times.

#97 SchmidtA99   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   467 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:33 PM

Working retail or any job that deals with the general public can be horrible. There are some people that think the world revolves around them and they can treat other people like garbage without consequences. I've never understood how those people make it in life when they make everything around them toxic.

#98 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   2770 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:26 AM

The fine print's too small. ;)

200.gif

Personal trade thread

"A motherf***ing bunny"

HFSjU9D.png?1

#99 joecreed   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:05 AM

You have no idea man. When I worked at GS people would regularly bring in systems crawling with roaches, ants or spiders. When told we don't accept systems infested with live animals they would get pissed and start yelling about how that's not fair, blah blah blah. Good times.

That is insane.  I can't even imagine that.

#100 EmpoleonRules  

EmpoleonRules

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

Should I bite on the $75 TIC for a 3DS? I already have a New 3DS XL so I don't really use the other one. 

#101 coolduck   super cool duck CAG Veteran   160 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

Should I bite on the $75 TIC for a 3DS? I already have a New 3DS XL so I don't really use the other one.

....yes

#102 EmpoleonRules  

EmpoleonRules

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

....yes

Thanks, I ended up trading it in and I was able to get my hands on a Grey Switch. Seems like a lot stores are getting shipments today as expected.

#103 postnet92   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

postnet92

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

What would happen if I buy it and then go to another to return it

#104 Ballz2daWalls  

Ballz2daWalls

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

All the stores in Austin have them in stock

#105 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3672 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

Man, finally got the rest of my Wii games that I ordered from the 4/$10 deal last week. I ordered 8 The Kore Gangs and only 1 of them had the original case and artwork, it's missing the instructions but for $2.50 I'll take it.

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#106 SchmidtA99   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   467 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:17 AM

Traded in a ps4 and some games and got a switch and splatoon 2. Only cost 45 bucks out of pocket for everything. Almost as good as the xbox one trade in from a couple of years ago where they gave $250 for an xbox one on a purchase of a new xbox one. They also gave you a $60 new game and extra xbox one controller. I got my elite console then. One of the few times that I felt like I ripped off gamestop.

#107 Necremis   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Necremis

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:26 AM

I'm back from the banned see! The water was a little salty. Thanks Cheapy for jumping in and pulling me out! And thanks community for pointing out I was lost at sea. Never will I ever bring up homophones again. In on 2 for the deal. Supposed tiered trade coming soon.

As an veteran of the Navy I wanna correct your spelling of "sea" and hope you didn't get shipwrecked (he's my fav. on the podcast), hit your rack and sleep off the sea legs, fair winds and following seas await, at least you didn't get keel hauled for whatever happened ;p

sml_gallery_350177_8317_52736.jpg

#108 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   550 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

Welp, took the plunge. Switch is far better than I expected. I have an IPS 3DS and expected the screen to be mediocre like that. Sure an OLED would have been preferable, but from my memories of the Vita screen, this is far better, neutral colors and of course sharper resolution. 720p is no problem at all. The body is so sturdy and metal feeling nothing quite like it in handhelds or controllers before. And still not TOO heavy. The menus are so much more simple and intuitive and useful than the Xbox and even ps4 ones. And double fisting the joy cons without grip to get around is fine, where as I'd thought it'd be the worst way to play anything or navigate.

Yeah, the one joycon with the stick dead center and too close to the face buttons makes the whole sharing controllers, let's get together like 1997 and play Mario kart at our hipster roof party thing lame, battery life could be better, it sucks that most body cases prevent it from being docked, and that this $90 dock is nothing more than a USBC to HDMI adapter, the kickstand barely holds up and leans the tablet like a piza tower, and yeah most of these games have Wii U versions you can play on dolphin but............... I'm pretty damn happy with this system.

Hopefully the unexpected great response to it will cause Nintendo to put out true sequels to Smash, Mario Kart, Mario Maker, rather than Deluxe versions, and there's more major games for early 2018 unannounced, rather than a long wait filled with indie e-shop games until Metroid in the fall. Everybody had their one 2012 third party annual franchise on the Wii U and then never made 2013 versions or 2014 versions. But already it seems like Fifa and WWE and NBA are all gonna be real versions of those games not like "All Play Madden" or "Fifa Street", and come out every year.

The one thing about Wii U was being burned by how few and far between major games from Nintendo were. But I think I can get my moneys worth just enjoying the few essential games, Zelda Splatoon Kart Rabbids Mania Odyssey Pyo Pop.

#109 hotwheels68  

hotwheels68

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

Is anyone not that excited about Rabbids? They look weird and ugly. No offense.

#110 TheGeonaut  

TheGeonaut

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

I played it at Comic Con, it kinda feels like I'm playing Nintendo XCom. That's a good thing right?

#111 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

Is anyone not that excited about Rabbids? They look weird and ugly. No offense.

I have zero interest in that game.

#112 superfuzz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

superfuzz

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

Late last night I picked up a switch,original Xbox one 500 gb is $150 credit. Just watch out for the refurbish fee. My Xbox had scratches on top(I bought it used that way)charged me a $50 refurbish fee. Also wanted to give me 3 cents for titanfall lol.

#113 coolrust   Kupalizm Mode CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

coolrust

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

Late last night I picked up a switch,original Xbox one 500 gb is $150 credit. Just watch out for the refurbish fee. My Xbox had scratches on top(I bought it used that way)charged me a $50 refurbish fee. Also wanted to give me 3 cents for titanfall lol.

mine has scratches too but they sold me black sticker to cover the top for $9. beats the $50 refurb fee.
Real Men Make Twins

#114 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13886 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

Welp, took the plunge. Switch is far better than I expected. I have an IPS 3DS and expected the screen to be mediocre like that. Sure an OLED would have been preferable, but from my memories of the Vita screen, this is far better, neutral colors and of course sharper resolution. 720p is no problem at all. The body is so sturdy and metal feeling nothing quite like it in handhelds or controllers before. And still not TOO heavy. The menus are so much more simple and intuitive and useful than the Xbox and even ps4 ones. And double fisting the joy cons without grip to get around is fine, where as I'd thought it'd be the worst way to play anything or navigate.

Yeah, the one joycon with the stick dead center and too close to the face buttons makes the whole sharing controllers, let's get together like 1997 and play Mario kart at our hipster roof party thing lame, battery life could be better, it sucks that most body cases prevent it from being docked, and that this $90 dock is nothing more than a USBC to HDMI adapter, the kickstand barely holds up and leans the tablet like a piza tower, and yeah most of these games have Wii U versions you can play on dolphin but............... I'm pretty damn happy with this system.

Hopefully the unexpected great response to it will cause Nintendo to put out true sequels to Smash, Mario Kart, Mario Maker, rather than Deluxe versions, and there's more major games for early 2018 unannounced, rather than a long wait filled with indie e-shop games until Metroid in the fall. Everybody had their one 2012 third party annual franchise on the Wii U and then never made 2013 versions or 2014 versions. But already it seems like Fifa and WWE and NBA are all gonna be real versions of those games not like "All Play Madden" or "Fifa Street", and come out every year.

The one thing about Wii U was being burned by how few and far between major games from Nintendo were. But I think I can get my moneys worth just enjoying the few essential games, Zelda Splatoon Kart Rabbids Mania Odyssey Pyo Pop.

A bad sign is WWE on Switch can only handle 6 wrestlers on screen at once, unlike the PS4/XB1 versions. Although I guess that only affects the Royal Rumble unless counting the ref negates matches like Elimination Chamber or Six-Pack Elimination Challenge.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#115 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13886 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

Like coolrust said, they have $10 system stickers now they're supposed to use instead of the refurb fee for scratches or other light cosmetic damage. I would file a complaint via Tell GameStop on your receipt.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#116 joecreed   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:10 AM

A bad sign is WWE on Switch can only handle 6 wrestlers on screen at once, unlike the PS4/XB1 versions. Although I guess that only affects the Royal Rumble unless counting the ref negates matches like Elimination Chamber or Six-Pack Elimination Challenge.

How many wrestlers do ps4/xbox have on the screen at once?

#117 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13886 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

How many wrestlers do ps4/xbox have on the screen at once?

PS4/XB1/PC are being updated to 8 this year.
https://www.reddit.c...s_at_a_time_on/

743275.png