* - - - - 4 votes

GameStop Ad 8/16-8/22

#1 Kyle1022  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:16 AM

http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

#2 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:20 AM

well, at least there's one good deal on there.

I've been meaning to pick up a Salazzle 

#3 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:25 AM

Half price guides, nice!

#4 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:32 AM

It's cheaper to buy the Uncharted Collection + Uncharted 4 pre-owned then it is to pay $39.99 for 4 new and get the collection for free.

#5 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:44 AM

You get a free can cover!!!!! If you preorder BOTH madden and battlefront 2 :)

Made me smile a bit. Plus I wanted a star in new thread.

An employee told me the trade in deals are usually in the summer and the buying deals are usually during the holidays. So I'm guessing we are transitioning (inbetween). Please correct me if I'm off base.

#6 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1977 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:48 AM

really wish gs would lower there pre-owned prices when they put a game on sale

Edit:

Just gonna buy prey for 30 bucks, been wanting to play it since launch

#7 Un4given Raider  

Un4given Raider

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

Does the chance at a Cayde-6 figure mean they had more shipped or only if a store still has some from the first batch I wonder.

"Even in war's darkest days, in most places in the world absolutely nothing is happening."

#8 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:07 AM

Edit:

Gamefly has it for $20

#9 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1977 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:01 AM

Gamefly has it for $20

Yea I know, I just would rather use my GS credit instead haha

#10 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:26 AM

Gamefly has it for $20

I was about to post the same thing :)

#11 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10520 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

Yea I know, I just would rather use my GS credit instead haha

Yeah $30 in GS trade is way easier to swallow vs. $20 cash.  That $30 is worth way less than the cash I used to accumulate the credit.

Cancerman1120.png

#12 sfabo   bro CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

#13 2014CAGnewbie  

2014CAGnewbie

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

You get a free can cover!!!!! If you preorder BOTH madden and battlefront 2 :)

Made me smile a bit. Plus I wanted a star in new thread.

An employee told me the trade in deals are usually in the summer and the buying deals are usually during the holidays. So I'm guessing we are transitioning (inbetween). Please correct me if I'm off base.

An employee knows something.........that'll be a first............this is the gamestop thread, correct?

#14 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

Edit:

They did that for about a week and realized they didn't like it.  I think it ended when they had Doom new for $20 and PO copies still for $50.

#15 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14062 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

Edit:

Many times that's a publisher restriction. Nothing GS can do about it.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#16 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14062 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:33 PM

So stealth bump should be Labor Day weekend & not next weekend, correct? Reason I'm asking is I'll be out of STL in southern IL on Labor Day weekend & it's much harder to flip down there.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#17 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3416 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

So stealth bump should be Labor Day weekend & not next weekend, correct? Reason I'm asking is I'll be out of STL in southern IL on Labor Day weekend & it's much harder to flip down there.

I hope so, I plan on trading some stuff towards Mario + Rabbids and Uncharted Lost Legacy. 

Currently Playing(in rotation):

:ps4: Sega Genesis Classics,  God of War and Yakuza 6 |  :xb1: PUBG |   :switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon,DKC: Tropical Freeze, Owlboy, and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Also Casually Playing: 

Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast)

#18 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1072 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

Should be next weekend. Friday of Labor day weekend is a new month.

#19 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

Why would you think it's Labor dah weekend that's the second time I've seen you ask that. It's always been the last weekend of the month. Last full weekend that is.

#20 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14062 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

Why would you think it's Labor dah weekend that's the second time I've seen you ask that. It's always been the last weekend of the month. Last full weekend that is.

Because June's bump started on Friday, June 30. So as long as the last day of the month is not Friday, Saturday, or Sunday the bump should be the full weekend before?

743275.png

#21 fodawim   Banned Banned   67 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

fodawim

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

Because June's bump started on Friday, June 30.

And?

It's always the last friday (with a few exceptions). Last friday this month is the 25th.

#22 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1724 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

The Recoil laser tag system looks pretty cool. There's a few decent reviews on amazon that it basically works except for someone having trouble pairing a second set and another set with some parts missing. The GS website doesn't even have it yet.

#23 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

Because June's bump started on Friday, June 30. So as long as the last day of the month is not Friday, Saturday, or Sunday the bump should be the full weekend before?

That's because June 30th was the last Friday of June just like August 25th is the last Friday of August.

#24 Capearican   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Capearican

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

Finally deciding to jump on a Wii U because I have been wanting to play some Mario and Zelda. I am going to hold off on the Switch to see if the support will be there in future. The deal for $30 dollars off for a Wii U console with the purchase of 2 games (not the blast from the past bundles though) seems to be a decent deal. I have been searching for a decent Wii U deal anyone know a good price a 32gb system has been going for? Any better options then this Gamestop deal? 

#25 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:35 PM

Finally deciding to jump on a Wii U because I have been wanting to play some Mario and Zelda. I am going to hold off on the Switch to see if the support will be there in future. The deal for $30 dollars off for a Wii U console with the purchase of 2 games (not the blast from the past bundles though) seems to be a decent deal. I have been searching for a decent Wii U deal anyone know a good price a 32gb system has been going for? Any better options then this Gamestop deal?

I've seen a bunch on Craigslist.

Either way, make sure the tablet is in full working condition otherwise you're going to be up shit Creek...

#26 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3258 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

Honestly I would check Craigslist. Where I live, there are a couple people selling for $200, and it included like 4-6 games (granted 2/3 games suck, but I could probably offload them for $40-80 at Gamestop). If you go that route, I would ask if they still have the box. This is a good indication of whether they take care of their stuff or not. That or look at the pictures in the ad, as if it looks like they didn't put any care or try and make it look presentable in the pictures, the owner is probably a slob and didn't take very good care of the console/games.

0bmqfY1.png

#27 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3258 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

Honestly I would check Craigslist. Where I live, there are a couple people selling wii u's for $200, and it included like 4-6 games (granted 2/3 games suck, but I could probably offload them for $40-80 at Gamestop). If you go that route, I would ask if they still have the box. This is a good indication of whether they take care of their stuff or not. That or look at the pictures in the ad, as if it looks like they didn't put any care or try and make it look presentable in the pictures, the owner is probably a slob and didn't take very good care of the console/games.

0bmqfY1.png

#28 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

Does anyone happen to know what the pre-bump and post-bump value of Cars 3: Driven to Win for PS4 was last month?

#29 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

And?

It's always the last friday (with a few exceptions). Last friday this month is the 25th.

Except July, which started on Saturday.

#30 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

Only game I've bought new so far this year was yooka laylee. (New as in this gen)

Friendly reminder to me and others, we're about 3 months out from black friday

But $30 prey now...

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3