* - - - - 4 votes

GameStop Ad 8/16-8/22

#181 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:35 PM

at least he used paragraphs but I don't have the attention span to read a rant that long.

I really hope Nintendo is screwing over the scalpers and releases a bunch of these later. I doubt this happens

I wouldn't call it a rant lol. Just replying to 3 people in 1 post. No hostility intended, except a little toward people who say I'm someone I'm not. :)

Also, I didn't get a SNES either. Every GS I called had already sold out of their allotment. I've missed all the online opportunities too. I bet there will be more opportunities though. You know stores will get stock on release day and beyond just like the NES Classic so don't lose hope.

#182 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5585 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

That's about the walliest wall I've ever seen.

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

Battle.net BattleTag: Zsaber#11913

PSN: Zsaber64

#183 esalw822  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

1. The reason I pulled the trigger with signing up for CAG (instead of just being a lurker) was due to you putting a 3-month rule in place for sheet access

2. CAG membership status doesn't determine knowledge/perspective. There are new members that post here, and who follow the rules, and know how to be discreet. Not all new people are rule-ignoring uninformed idiots who will contribute nothing and bring an end to good trade-in deals.

1. You and a lot of others.  Which is why I would guess that it was extended.

2.  Yeah, but we can't tell the difference between those two, thus the restrictions.

#184 rustyra24  

rustyra24

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

I wouldn't call it a rant lol. Just replying to 3 people in 1 post. No hostility intended, except a little toward people who say I'm someone I'm not. :)

Also, I didn't get a SNES either. Every GS I called had already sold out of their allotment. I've missed all the online opportunities too. I bet there will be more opportunities though. You know stores will get stock on release day and beyond just like the NES Classic so don't lose hope.

No problem just giving you a hard time. You make some valid points. I joined to wait out access for the sheets as well and it bumped so now I wait longer. I have learned quite a bit and am glad I had access to the FAQ before it went down. 

They put me on a wait list so hopefully they call me back. I still want an NES classic but I hope they release a NES classic V2 in the future. I dont want to spend a fortune on the thing. I think they discontinued it because of the hack ability of the thing. Be interested to see if they made the Snes Classic less hack able.

#185 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

Folks with more experience than I dealing with GameStop. I called and got my name in for a preorder but it has to be the $100.00 bundle, I just have to go in this evening and pay for it. Girl calls me back and says good news/bad news... It's preordered, yes but I have to pay 100% for the preorder and she accidentally put it into someone elses name but she is going to contact corporate and try to change it. Does this seem legit? I have red flags going off everywhere in my mind.

#186 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

Also, if she can't change it it'll just come in and they notate that it goes to me and not the person whom its account it is under.

#187 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

No problem just giving you a hard time. You make some valid points. I joined to wait out access for the sheets as well and it bumped so now I wait longer. I have learned quite a bit and am glad I had access to the FAQ before it went down. 

They put me on a wait list so hopefully they call me back. I still want an NES classic but I hope they release a NES classic V2 in the future. I dont want to spend a fortune on the thing. I think they discontinued it because of the hack ability of the thing. Be interested to see if they made the Snes Classic less hack able.

I believe they use basically the same board for both. I think when you're dealing with these things its pretty much a given that it is hackable.

#188 BrokeDude509  

BrokeDude509

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

Folks with more experience than I dealing with GameStop. I called and got my name in for a preorder but it has to be the $100.00 bundle, I just have to go in this evening and pay for it. Girl calls me back and says good news/bad news... It's preordered, yes but I have to pay 100% for the preorder and she accidentally put it into someone elses name but she is going to contact corporate and try to change it. Does this seem legit? I have red flags going off everywhere in my mind.

I am cool with many gamestop employees in my area and I don't think any of them would ever take an over the phone order for me. Sounds shady AF or a very new gamestop employee. I've never tried, but I can't see how this works as someone who has worked retail (not gamestop).

#189 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

Also, if she can't change it it'll just come in and they notate that it goes to me and not the person whom its account it is under.

Sounds like she wants you to pay for her SNES.

#190 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

That's about the walliest wall I've ever seen.

Yes, it was a longer post than I originally intended. I just wanted Blackbeard (and others who read it) to understand my position.

1. You and a lot of others.  Which is why I would guess that it was extended.

2.  Yeah, but we can't tell the difference between those two, thus the restrictions.

100% agree restrictions are needed and understand the dilemma it puts BB in. I just want to be aware of the access requirements if they should change. A signature link would help. Regardless, hoping nothing will happen to get the can kicked further down the road.

Have a good afternoon.

#191 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

Yes, it was a longer post than I originally intended. I just wanted Blackbeard (and others who read it) to understand my position

Your still complaining? Dont need a half page saying sorry for writing a full page

#192 etterrules   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

etterrules

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:08 PM

I have to say the manager at my Gamestop is phenomenal. I work in the service industry doing customer service as well and it's awesome to run into people who truly care and take good care of their customers. I stopped st Gamestop at 12:30 to pick up my Uncharted Lost Legacy game and I left the store and completely forgot to ask about the SNES classic being available around 3:00. I get half way to my car and he comes out and says heah did you want to pre order the SNES as sometime today we should be taking orders. He then called me directly at 2:15 and got my pre order in. I always highly praise him on all of my feedback surveys and he told one of the new employees today to take good care of me and that I'm one of the main reasons they got the Prestige status this past quarter. Just thought I'd share as I know far to many of us run into the complete opposite when buying from Gamestop.

#193 esalw822  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

I actually think this is believable.  Web in-store preorders have to be paid in full.  There was a lot of craziness going on so mistakes could have been made (or more likely she ordered it for a friend/fellow employee and they got a standard one so they don't need the bundle anymore).  The bundles are now sold out so they can't order them on web in-store anymore.  I'd take her up on the offer and just make sure to get documentation.

#194 rustyra24  

rustyra24

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

The pre-order broke Gamestop's website

#195 dennisb407   Banned CAGiversary!   5078 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Unfortunately there is no good way to go about any of it. Just hope and pray no one tries to pull any shady shit in the next 3-4 months.

Thank you Blackbeard for keeping the riff-raff out. Keep up the good work.

#196 magwik   ZA WARUDO CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

I don't even care about the SNES
I just wanted to check trade values .-.

76561198026114993.png

#197 EmpoleonRules  

EmpoleonRules

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:49 PM

I don't even care about the SNES
I just wanted to check trade values .-.

The mobile app still seems to be up and running. I just checked some values.

#198 ihadmail  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

If anyone else is having issues pulling trade values, the TIV quick reference was updated this morning. PM me gmail address for access.

#199 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

Your still complaining? Dont need a half page saying sorry for writing a full page

Tone can be difficult to read online. None of my follow-up posts were complaints. Just conversing with those that replied to what I wrote, including discussing the SNES. Isn't that what a forum is for?

I also didn't apologize for the long post. Just stated that it wasn't my original intent for it to be so long.

P.S. if you're going to attempt to insult me, at least use the correct words to convey what you mean. There's a difference between "you're" and "your."

#200 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:10 PM

It sure seems like they have a history of not being able to handle heavy traffic.

#201 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2302 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

Tone can be difficult to read online. None of my follow-up posts were complaints. Just conversing with those that replied to what I wrote, including discussing the SNES. Isn't that what a forum is for?

I also didn't apologize for the long post. Just stated that it wasn't my original intent for it to be so long.

P.S. if you're going to attempt to insult me, at least use the correct words to convey what you mean. There's a difference between "you're" and "your."

"You're" not winning any fans with your last sentence.

#202 EmpoleonRules  

EmpoleonRules

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

$49.55 TIV for these 4 games if you get the 70%

#203 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2871 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

$49.55 for these 4 games if you get the 70%

And if the trade values don't plummet by the time they get to Walmart. Which is my main concern.

#204 EmpoleonRules  

EmpoleonRules

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

And if the trade values don't plummet by the time they get to Walmart. Which is my main concern.

Yeah, I'm concerned about that too but I'm just gonna risk it anyway. Worst case, I think I'll break even.

#205 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:50 PM

"You're" not winning any fans with your last sentence.

Yea, I thought about that before I typed it. I'm not an elitist. I've made typos when I know the difference, and these days I'm aware autocorrect can make us look stupid too. I pointed out the grammar because he was insulting me for really no reason. If he hadn't, I would have just let it go.

I just don't understand the unnecessary negativity some people seem bring to CAG by default. It's not difficult to just share information or anecdotes and be respectful.

Here's to hoping for more SNES pre-order availability!  :beer:

#206 coolduck   super cool duck CAG Veteran   176 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

Here's to hoping for more SNES pre-order availability!  :beer:

not at gamestop. i know a manager and they flat out told me that this was almost certainly it.

walmart is gonna be the last chance for pre-orders, i believe.

#207 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:08 AM

Okay, so I either just preordered a SNES Classic bundle based on that phone call today at 2:30 or I bought one for some random guy.

#208 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:16 AM

not at gamestop. i know a manager and they flat out told me that this was almost certainly it.

Thanks for the info.

#209 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:25 AM

I think Toys R Us should have a preorder coming up too

#210 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11211 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:27 AM

I saw someone mention it but not every store got 10 units of the SNES classic. My one friends store only got 7 and a few got 6.

Deader2818.png