* - - - - 1 votes

Switch: Buy Sonic Mania for EUR9.97 / USD11.70 on the Russian eShop

#1 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:29 AM

Sonic Mania is available for RUB699 on the Russian eShop, which makes EUR9.97 / USD11.70. On local eShops it's EUR19.99 and USD19.99, so it's just half the price for those paying in Euros. It's the same version as on the European store, and thus features all languages including Japanese and English.

How to make the purchase?
Either create a new account and set Russia as the country, or change the country in your Nintendo Account settings for the purchase, and then change it back afterwards. Once Russia is set as the country, you can make the purchase on here: https://www.nintendo...ia-1174779.html

Does my news feed get spammed with Russian news?
From my experience, this doesn't happen when you change your account country just for the purchase and then switch it back immediately after that.

It's also just RUB699 on the Russian Xbox Store and Russian PSN Store.

#2 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2844 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

"This Nintendo Account or an associated child account has a Nintendo eShop balance. Your country/region of residence cannot be changed until you use up your remaining funds"

All because I have ONE CENT in my account.

#3 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

"This Nintendo Account or an associated child account has a Nintendo eShop balance. Your country/region of residence cannot be changed until you use up your remaining funds"

Could always get someone else to buy it for you and send you can paypal them.

#4 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2844 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:53 AM

Could always get someone else to buy it for you and send you can paypal them.

How would that work? It's not a code.

#5 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   952 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:21 AM

I keep getting an error during checkout. Tried both on my switch and the website. 

#6 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

I keep getting an error during checkout. Tried both on my switch and the website. 

Same. It's likely your card. I know when I bought something from the JPN eshop I had to get a prepaid card from Amazon.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   952 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:29 AM

Same. It's likely your card. I know when I bought something from the JPN eshop I had to get a prepaid card from Amazon.

Just tried all my credit cards, none worked. 

I was able to buy Shovel Knight off the Mexican eshop back when, too bad this didn't work. 

#8 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   10979 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

Arent certain cards limited to certain regions? I know with mine I could only use it on the U.S and Mexican E-Shops. All the stuff I brought from Japan had to be either a direct download code or E-Shop credit from Amazon or various other sides.

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#9 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

I have funds on 2 users on my Switch right now.

So we need to make a new user on our Switch and show that user in Russia. Then we need to add a $10 Eshop code to that user and finally purchase Sonic Mania on the Russian Eshop for that user. Then change the user back to the US or just leave it as Russia for any future Russian Eshop discounts.

Do I have this correct?

Also, is this shovel knight discount still on the Mexican Eshop?

#10 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3524 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

This post brought to you by Donald Trump. 😀

Looking to slowly build a youtube channel.   Any help is appreciated.

#11 R3DH3R0   13 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2722 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

Same...

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#12 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16060 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

anyone else been successful? any different from the version in the US shop?

1080i is for douchebags

#13 PsychoKilla666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

PsychoKilla666

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

anyone else been successful? any different from the version in the US shop?

No luck, 5 cards, 3 different creditors
It's the same version as EU as stated above
FATEvsDESTINY.png

Fate+vs+Destiny.jpg

#14 PsychoKilla666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

PsychoKilla666

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

So it unlinks your Nintendo Network ID when you change country.
I didn't try relinking mine.
Wonder if that might be it
FATEvsDESTINY.png

Fate+vs+Destiny.jpg

#15 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Would I need to add the funds before trying to purchase it on the russian eshop?

Edit: yeah my card didn't work when trying to buy the game on the russian eshop
While I would love to make a second attempt my card is known for locking up even at canceling BB/Amazon orders.
Edit 2:
Attempted 4 times on the website just to double check. 

Looks like you would need a russian eshop card, this isn't worth me continuing for my card to lock me out again.

zNmz5OX.jpg

#16 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3463 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

I have funds on 2 users on my Switch right now.

So we need to make a new user on our Switch and show that user in Russia. Then we need to add a $10 Eshop code to that user and finally purchase Sonic Mania on the Russian Eshop for that user. Then change the user back to the US or just leave it as Russia for any future Russian Eshop discounts.

Do I have this correct?

Also, is this shovel knight discount still on the Mexican Eshop?

Shovel Knight in the Mexican eshop was $12 something like 3/3 to 3/6ish
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#17 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:06 PM

Ok.

#18 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:07 PM

Does doing this not fill your news feed with news from that region? Tried some Japanese demos and my news was covered with Japanese posts...only way to fix it was to remove the user and reformat the system.

793315.png

#19 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:02 AM

Does doing this not fill your news feed with news from that region? Tried some Japanese demos and my news was covered with Japanese posts...only way to fix it was to remove the user and reformat the system.

so far I don't see any Russian stuff, but I do have a Japanese account that is showing mostly Japanese news.

zNmz5OX.jpg

#20 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   549 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

Doesn't work. Don't know how you did it. Big pain in the ass that neither on the console or website you can choose English.

How the hell did OP get it to work? Is there a way to use PayPal instead of your debit card? Errors just say "check payment" not anything like "oh, your bank blocked it cause its UK" I've bought from Amazon UK before no problem. So many you-tubers bragging about buying games from the Japanese e-shop, too, like its a cake walk. Had to create like five screen names, a Switch account, Switch "sign in", Nintendo Account, My Nintendo account, NNID, and a dummy sub Gmail. 

Any advice appreciated, cause its not that I want to save $8 this time so much as it is wanting to be able to get rare Neo Geo games and more from the Japanese one.

#21 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   1958 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:57 PM

Doesn't sound like this effort is worth the $8.30 more to buy it on the NA shop and be done with it.

848734.png

#22 smokeyjoey8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

smokeyjoey8

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:15 PM

Doesn't work. Don't know how you did it. Big pain in the ass that neither on the console or website you can choose English.

How the hell did OP get it to work? Is there a way to use PayPal instead of your debit card? Errors just say "check payment" not anything like "oh, your bank blocked it cause its UK" I've bought from Amazon UK before no problem. So many you-tubers bragging about buying games from the Japanese e-shop, too, like its a cake walk. Had to create like five screen names, a Switch account, Switch "sign in", Nintendo Account, My Nintendo account, NNID, and a dummy sub Gmail.

Any advice appreciated, cause its not that I want to save $8 this time so much as it is wanting to be able to get rare Neo Geo games and more from the Japanese one.

Just follow any of the billion guides on how to make a Japanese Nintendo account on your Switch. Then Follow any of the billion guides on how to make a Japanese Amazon account. Once that's done, go to Japanese Amazon, find the digital delivery eshop cards, purchase with your credit card (it should work. I had trouble buying From the JP eshop on my Switch when I used any of my cards, but buying from Amazon works in one go. It's likely Nintendo not allowing foreign CC's on their service.), and then redeem that digital code on your JP eshop account, and buy whatever games you want.

#23 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3801 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

Sega makes the first universally praised sonic game in over a decade and weasels are trying to save a few bucks by going to the soviets?

I'm a CAG but come on it's 20 bucks at launch just give them their money

#24 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:24 PM

Sega makes the first universally praised sonic game in over a decade and weasels are trying to save a few bucks by going to the soviets?

I'm a CAG but come on it's 20 bucks at launch just give them their money

The nerves of some people! Why aren't people spending $20 for a game? Personally I would spend $60 on Sonic

zd4wQHG.png

zNmz5OX.jpg