Dreamcade Kickstarter ending in 4 days

Gainer

CAGiversary!
After hearing Shipwreck's brief overview on the CAGcast I actually backed this project because it looks like a good deal and I haven't seen another thread on the forums for those who don't listen to the CAGcast. There are only 4 days left for people who may want this at the 'preorder' discounted price.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1329525418/dreamcade-replay-one-console-to-rule-them-all

There's been a couple recent YouTube reviews which also seem positive.

https://youtu.be/cNUwcW-xUFg

https://youtu.be/E5PQxkjUG-I

Seems like it's worth looking at if your into this sort of thing.
Before anybody accuses me of it, I promise I'm not a shill for the company. I've just have missed some kickstarter discounts I've regretted because I wasn't aware of their existence and figure with all the excitement over the SNES mini there are probably a few others who may be interested in this at the (supposedly) $20 discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh, this seems incredibly illegal. Did they write or license the emulators they're shipping with this product? They're promoting a product that actively encourages illegal downloading of video game ROMs.

that thing is the biggest scam ever. its their 2nd try kickstarting it, first time the units were supposed to cost 300 each, how are they magically 200 dollars less now? a lot of their features are impossible/illegal/lies

this is going to be the next Kickstarter scandal lol.

I know, my spidey-senses are going off all over on this kickstarter but CAG got a review unit... I'm so CONFUSED!!!! 

Any word if the X-Arcade Tankstick works with this thing??? This would really be a great insert for an arcade cabinet without needing to use a PC with a front-end like Hyperspin!

that thing is the biggest scam ever. its their 2nd try kickstarting it, first time the units were supposed to cost 300 each, how are they magically 200 dollars less now? a lot of their features are impossible/illegal/lies

this is going to be the next Kickstarter scandal lol.
I hope you're not correct. I've been lucky with kickstarter so far (except spaceventure... that $20 is long gone) and between shipwreck, rgt, and eta prime all saying it works as advertised I was willing to gamble on it, but there is no guarantee they don't drop the CPU specs on the final product making it no better than a raspberry pi. I would hope their company name is more valuable than a scam to make $30,000 though, especially as they have been in business selling arcade cabinets for many years now. I am less concerned about them being a scam and more worried that Nintendo and co. Cease and desist them into oblivion before the product is delivered.

they already got 100K from winning a tv show http://abc.go.com/shows/steve-harveys-funderdome/news/updates/steve-harveys-funderdome-episode-5-recap

also those guys reviewed the emulator part of it, they didn't mess with ANY of the outlandish other features they say they will have.

With our Retro Streaming Accelerator, streaming games is as simple as clicking a link. In fact, there's over 10,000 free games to stream on the Internet Archive alone--all of which play full-screen and full-speed, thanks to our exclusive streaming technology.
I don't think i can even list how many things are wrong with that one statement alone.

100 dollar Windows 10 gaming machine? what part of this sounds legit to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
they already got 100K from winning a tv show http://abc.go.com/shows/steve-harveys-funderdome/news/updates/steve-harveys-funderdome-episode-5-recap

also those guys reviewed the emulator part of it, they didn't mess with ANY of the outlandish other features they say they will have.
I don't think i can even list how many things are wrong with that one statement alone.

100 dollar Windows 10 gaming machine? what part of this sounds legit to you?
Oh, I agree that I don't see all those features happening. For my part, I am just hoping for a faster retropi, possibly with steam in-house streaming (ala steam box). I read that windows 10 is available at a ridiculously cheap license for the mini-pcs, but haven't looked into its actual license cost in that scenario.

The low price does concern me as I've priced out low-end Nuc style pcs to use in my bartop arcade and they all end up being about 160ish. I'd be fine with an upgrade to the eventual raspberry pi 4, but reports are that won't be released until at least 2019.

For those that have backed, did you just do the base $99 unit or go with a bundle?  Didn't shipwreck say the controller that comes with it isn't so great? 

I've been debating whether to back it or not, but now that I've seen this thread I'm not sure if I should at all.  It just seems too good to be true with what they're promising.  Don't get me wrong.  I want it to be good.

It would just be nice to have one box hooked up instead of dozens of classic consoles. 

bread's done
Back