- - - - -

Xbox One X, Minecraft Xbox One LE Console Preorders

X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

#511 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   2758 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:54 AM

I doubt other people are as anal or picky as me, but I just saw that they use a "stippled" texture on the console itself. 

scorpio.jpg

versus the regular Xbox One X that is just smooth. 

7b914596-481d-484a-bb5d-6494a19a78d2.jpg

Not a fan of the stippling, as I've had other electronics in the past that had that and were a complete pain in the ass to keep clean as dirt/gunk/etc. gets stuck in the little pitted indentations and you can't clean it out easily. Something to be mindful of if you're OCD like I am. 

Personal trade thread

"A motherf***ing bunny"

HFSjU9D.png?1

#512 cigaro   Constants and Variables CAGiversary!   923 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:05 AM

Really want one of these, but I will be patient and wait for the inevitable white one. IMO the scorpio should have been white. Oh well. 

534753.png

#513 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:07 AM

I doubt other people are as anal or picky as me, but I just saw that they use a "stippled" texture on the console itself. 

scorpio.jpg

Not a fan of the stippling, as I've had other electronics in the past that had that and were a complete pain in the ass to keep clean as dirt/gunk/etc. gets stuck in the little pitted indentations and you can't clean it out easily. Something to be mindful of if you're OCD like I am. 

Thanks a lot.  Now I can't unsee the stipples... :(

#514 yungJEDIknight   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

yungJEDIknight

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:11 AM

Amazon is giving $127 for the OG Xbox One and like $190 something for the 2TB XB1S. Just gotta scroll through all the results because it's some duplicates in there that trade for less.

Glad I got my X preordered at Amazon because I have a bunch of credit from trading in my Wii U, games and accessories earlier this year (got like $200 for the console itself). Might let go my OG Xbox because I got an S and I really don't need 3 Xbox Ones in the apt. A bit overkill.

Currently:

:ps4:  Mass Effect: Andromeda, Nier: Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn,The Walking Dead: The New Frontier &  Battlefield 1 |   :xb1: Dead Rising 4, Overwatch, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 & Bioshock Collection  |   Nintendo Switch: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 

#515 dennisb407   Banned CAGiversary!   4919 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:18 AM

scorpio.jpg

Just cancelled my pre order...thank you OP

You will have excuse Six Min Whistle for missing your post about the Movie Pass. He has been very, very concerned about Conan's penis lately.

#516 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6289 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:27 AM

whoops

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#517 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3479 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

Really want one of these, but I will be patient and wait for the inevitable white one. IMO the scorpio should have been white. Oh well. 

You racists make me sick. 

#518 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:42 AM

So for then minecraft 1 tb S version they just raise the price $50 to $399?

#519 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:44 AM

Got my preorder in at Gamestop as soon as they opened them. Looking forward to the next few months of flipping to pay off this and the fall titles.

#520 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6289 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

So for then minecraft 1 tb S version they just raise the price $50 to $399?

Yes, because they know we are getting these for cheap thanks to Gamestop flips

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#521 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10372 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:30 AM

I am late to the party tonight but it looks like GS is only selling the X1X in some sort of bundle?

Cancerman1120.png

#522 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:30 AM

Just cancelled my pre order...thank you OP

I don't what you guys are talking about. I think it looks sexy. My stipples are hard.

#523 MadClassic  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:31 AM

anyone else getting an error when trying to preorder?  i called my credit card co, no issue on their side...

tried multiple browsers, differen't card too...

#524 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:51 AM

Is this really what it's come down to? Half the posts I see here are "I preorderd it but I'm not sure why" or "I preordered it even though my XBOne collects dust on the shelf". People are free to spend their money as they please, but are we so blinded by hype and the draw of potentially missing out on some artificially limited product that we're spending half a grand on things we don't want, don't need, and won't use?

Lmao. We had this same discussion when it was announced. The allure of aftermarket prices are the primary draw no doubt.

#525 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:53 AM

Amazon is giving $127 for the OG Xbox One and like $190 something for the 2TB XB1S. Just gotta scroll through all the results because it's some duplicates in there that trade for less.

Glad I got my X preordered at Amazon because I have a bunch of credit from trading in my Wii U, games and accessories earlier this year (got like $200 for the console itself). Might let go my OG Xbox because I got an S and I really don't need 3 Xbox Ones in the apt. A bit overkill.

I recommend food and utilities. Possibly even a savings account.

#526 z24buddy   Skilled Cactus Killer CAGiversary!   546 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:36 AM

So I wonder when we can order the standard edition and not the fake limited supply bumpy nipples version?

Also is it amateur hour on eBay today?
1. You can't sell pre orders for this until October 8th per eBay policy
2. Even if this were limited, you have to find someone dumb enough to pay you $640 just to break even after factoring sales tax, shipping, and eBay/PayPal fees.

#527 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1123 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:59 AM

is it true that you can pre order it with microsoft points at the microsoft store?

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.png

DANY+FAKnTASTIK.png

#528 yungJEDIknight   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

yungJEDIknight

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:01 AM

I recommend food and utilities. Possibly even a savings account.

Have all of those buddy. Remember, assumptions are for .....

Currently:

:ps4:  Mass Effect: Andromeda, Nier: Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn,The Walking Dead: The New Frontier &  Battlefield 1 |   :xb1: Dead Rising 4, Overwatch, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 & Bioshock Collection  |   Nintendo Switch: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 

#529 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:02 AM

I wasn't planning on getting this on day one and was going to wait for a special edition version to come out later (since I've already had two Xbox Ones - Day One and then sold that to get the Halo 5 version), but then Microsoft fucked that plan up by having a special edition right at launch.

optimus_prime.gif

#530 francium34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

francium34

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:10 AM

is it true that you can pre order it with microsoft points at the microsoft store?

xbox gift card credit can be used

currently newegg is still running 10% off those cards (1hr left), and $25 off via masterpass. Amazon also has the cards 10% off.

#531 knothead65  

knothead65

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:14 AM

I am late to the party tonight but it looks like GS is only selling the X1X in some sort of bundle?

Looks like the system only sold out, I ordered one at 5:20pm eastern.

#532 nicklesminer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

nicklesminer

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:18 AM

Yep. I did it that way.

#533 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   2758 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:19 AM

Is this really what it's come down to? Half the posts I see here are "I preorderd it but I'm not sure why" or "I preordered it even though my XBOne collects dust on the shelf". People are free to spend their money as they please, but are we so blinded by hype and the draw of potentially missing out on some artificially limited product that we're spending half a grand on things we don't want, don't need, and won't use?

That is assuming people spent cold hard cash on it. I'm just gonna assume most people used their GS trade credit (that they've been rolling for however long) to pay it off, so it is very little if anything out of pocket.

There's still plenty of other retailers that have it up for pre-order. Amazon and GS appear to be the only ones that sold out (though I'm not sure if Amazon ever put it up to begin with).

Personal trade thread

"A motherf***ing bunny"

HFSjU9D.png?1

#534 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:55 AM

xbox one x gamestop with elite controller bundle. $599..They made a bundle that actually saves you money. Elite controller for 99.99

http://www.gamestop....r-bundle/152671

#535 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:04 AM

Yea I'm leaning towards the standard black one myself. It looks cool but the green sticks out and would probably drive me nuts while staring at me from my entertainment center.

I'm also always trading my previous xbox one models for updated versions so having a special version won't really matter to me in the long run.

#536 Von Ondine   HALTH! CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Von Ondine

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

Just used up the remaining $400 in Microsoft gift cards i bought with Super Golden Crisp coupons.

#537 JackTheWhack   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

JackTheWhack

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:35 AM

That is assuming people spent cold hard cash on it. I'm just gonna assume most people used their GS trade credit (that they've been rolling for however long) to pay it off, so it is very little if anything out of pocket.

There's still plenty of other retailers that have it up for pre-order. Amazon and GS appear to be the only ones that sold out (though I'm not sure if Amazon ever put it up to begin with).

Amazon did cause I Preordered it there. They had it up during the announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#538 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   958 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

I like the minecraft one but I have played my one for probably like 50 hours total in almost 2 years. If I could magically trade it 1:1 or swap it out for an extra $50 I'd do it just for the cool paint job but no way I'd consider more.

#539 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12317 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

So people are going to spend $500 for another console from the same generation? WOW. It's what, a 4 year old console and still prices at its original, bloated, MSRP. "M" really knows how to stick it to you guys. 

#540 beaubalon  

beaubalon

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

So people are going to spend $500 for another console from the same generation? WOW. It's what, a 4 year old console and still prices at its original, bloated, MSRP. "M" really knows how to stick it to you guys.

I'm going to spend $150 on the 2 minecraft controllers even though I have 4 controllers already! LOL give it to me Microsoft I need it 🤤