- - - - -

Xbox One X, Minecraft Xbox One LE Console Preorders

X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

#751 Donutkid2222   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Donutkid2222

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:19 AM

decided to add my 2 cents here. I just traded in my PS4 as a part of the trade in offer they have going on at gamestop. The PS4 original or slim is valued at $175 at this time. At one point before the pro came out it was $200 as a trade in. That will not happen again due to the pro taking the $200 value trade in spot now. They have been offering $125-150 for the PS4 only. even the trade in promo for the one x is at $150. I got $225 for the trade in, i signed up for the pro membership with credit I had left over from a previous trade in. I put it towards the PS4 Pro destiny bundle lol but it was $225 that you will almost get nowhere else. In my case, a 4 year old loud ps4 that no one will pay $225 console only, let alone the market is pricing the ps4 at 269 with a game. no headache of finding a local buyer or ebay, just give it to gamestop and let them overprice to resell the console lol. 

#752 dualrec  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:46 AM

Vizio used to be best bang for the buck. TCL now has that title. True HDR 10Bit panel, deep blacks, and only $600 bucks for 55". I had my nephew pick it up as his new TV, and I'm beyond impressed. https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5878705 Read the reviews on Rtings.com. Best source of info.

The Sony 900 series is slightly better, but IMO, costs too much. A 2017 55" LG OLED(absolute best TV's on the market), has recently been available for $1600. The inferior Sony is too close to the price of the best option. For me, it's either go for the TCL for $600, or go all the way to OLED for around $1600.

I've really been wondering about the TCL. Has a few bad ratings in areas, but quite cheap. No interpolation disappoints me. My plasma made me a fan of that with gaming.

#753 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:14 AM

The TCL has some light bleeding/flashlight issues that I've seen on GAF but if you manage to get a good TV then it will be the best possible purchase. You really can't go wrong for the price. It's the best TV hands down when it comes to price/quality of picture.

https://imgur.com/C2IBndT

I was lucky and got a Refurbished Samsung UN43KU630D 43" earlier in the year for $230ish. The HDR was one of those TVs got that a upgrade through firmware so it's faux HDR but It's still decent. You really do however need a full HDR TV with 4k to get the best of both worlds. I'd love to grab a  TCL if it ever goes that low and they make a smaller size down the road.

#754 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

The TCL has some light bleeding/flashlight issues that I've seen on GAF but if you manage to get a good TV then it will be the best possible purchase. You really can't go wrong for the price. It's the best TV hands down when it comes to price/quality of picture.

https://imgur.com/C2IBndT

I was lucky and got a Refurbished Samsung UN43KU630D 43" earlier in the year for $230ish. The HDR was one of those TVs got that a upgrade through firmware so it's faux HDR but It's still decent. You really do however need a full HDR TV with 4k to get the best of both worlds. I'd love to grab a  TCL if it ever goes that low and they make a smaller size down the road.

Tcl is a no brainer. Few issues reported but they are making updates. Hdr + Dolby vision super lower input lag. Roku is super snappy(beats a lot of solo roku boxes).

#755 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4002 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

decided to add my 2 cents here. I just traded in my PS4 as a part of the trade in offer they have going on at gamestop. The PS4 original or slim is valued at $175 at this time. At one point before the pro came out it was $200 as a trade in. That will not happen again due to the pro taking the $200 value trade in spot now. They have been offering $125-150 for the PS4 only. even the trade in promo for the one x is at $150. I got $225 for the trade in, i signed up for the pro membership with credit I had left over from a previous trade in. I put it towards the PS4 Pro destiny bundle lol but it was $225 that you will almost get nowhere else. In my case, a 4 year old loud ps4 that no one will pay $225 console only, let alone the market is pricing the ps4 at 269 with a game. no headache of finding a local buyer or ebay, just give it to gamestop and let them overprice to resell the console lol. 

Damn the PS4 is only trading for $175 towards a new system. I guess it's not terrible, I still have my launch PS4 after upgrading to a Pro last year, but have thought about trading my old PS4 and White Xbox One towards the X, but now the Scorpio Editions have all been pre-ordered and I don't think I will get close to $500 for the two. Only thing keeping me from buying the X is the price and lack of any real reason to get it on launch. I can't think of a single game on Xbox One that I need to play this Holiday season and haven't bought a game for it since Dead Rising 4 came out. I'm hoping for a drop within the next year so I can get one for $400 or less. Having the PS4 Pro makes it harder to jump on the X at launch too, it's not as powerful, but the exclusive games are far superior on PS4.

#756 RiPPn  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

Only thing keeping me from buying the X is the price and lack of any real reason to get it on launch. I can't think of a single game on Xbox One that I need to play this Holiday season and haven't bought a game for it since Dead Rising 4 came out. I'm hoping for a drop within the next year so I can get one for $400 or less.

Yeah, hold out and don't give in to temptation..  Microsoft hardware drops in price like rocks..  remember the Xbox One by March of 2014 was dropped to $400 with Titanfall, your choice of a game, and in some sales a gift card to boot.  I don't think the sales will be that wild on the X, but I do think once hardcore Xbox One owners are done upgrading and sales begin to slump, there will be deals to be had.

#757 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4002 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

Yeah, hold out and don't give in to temptation..  Microsoft hardware drops in price like rocks..  remember the Xbox One by March of 2014 was dropped to $400 with Titanfall, your choice of a game, and in some sales a gift card to boot.  I don't think the sales will be that wild on the X, but I do think once hardcore Xbox One owners are done upgrading and sales begin to slump, there will be deals to be had.

I agree, I didn't buy my Xbox One until it had been out a year. I ended up getting the Sunset Overdrive bundle and am pretty sure I paid like $350 for it at the time. I honestly don't expect the One X to sell very well at all due to a number of reasons. I think the launch will be solid, but I don't see many people who haven't already pre-ordered it buying one this year. $500 is hard to stomach for a console that just honestly doesn't have many exclusives to get excited about playing, especially this year. I am very happy with the PS4 Pro currently and most of the games I want to play this year are out on the Pro. Cuphead and Sea of Thieves are the only exclusives I can think of out this year I want to play on Xbox One. I am not even sure Sea of Thieves is due out this year either. Neither game is going to benefit much from 4K though and I am fine playing both in 1080p on my OG Xbone. 

#758 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

Damn the PS4 is only trading for $175 towards a new system. I guess it's not terrible, I still have my launch PS4 after upgrading to a Pro last year, but have thought about trading my old PS4 and White Xbox One towards the X, but now the Scorpio Editions have all been pre-ordered and I don't think I will get close to $500 for the two. Only thing keeping me from buying the X is the price and lack of any real reason to get it on launch. I can't think of a single game on Xbox One that I need to play this Holiday season and haven't bought a game for it since Dead Rising 4 came out. I'm hoping for a drop within the next year so I can get one for $400 or less. Having the PS4 Pro makes it harder to jump on the X at launch too, it's not as powerful, but the exclusive games are far superior on PS4.

Its 175 before the $50 pro bump. so its $225 and you dont have to trade towards any system

#759 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4002 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

Its 175 before the $50 pro bump. so its $225 and you dont have to trade towards any system

That would almost be worth it, but I'd want to trade towards the One X and I'd still have to pay more than I want for it right now. I'll just keep my launch PS4, my wife occasionally plays on it. 

#760 RiPPn  

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

I am not even sure Sea of Thieves is due out this year either.

It was delayed to next year leaving Forza 7 and Cuphead as the only console exclusives coming to the system this fall.

#761 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

That would almost be worth it, but I'd want to trade towards the One X and I'd still have to pay more than I want for it right now. I'll just keep my launch PS4, my wife occasionally plays on it. 

Yeah i traded in a few xb1's and flipped a few games got my white pro paid for. Pisses me off the xb1s and launch xb1 has same trade in value. 

#762 wakkawakka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

wakkawakka

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:14 AM

All the really good Xbox enhanced/exclusives will be out early next spring. February and March will be huge in terms of seeing some major heavy hitters for the one x. Anthem, sea of theives, far cry 5, monster hunter world, red dead Redemption 2, crackdown 3, black desert online, will be out in the spring.

#763 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2372 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

You will get $225 for the PS4 and $150 for the XB1. You can get $5 extra if they scan the $5 bonus card for you. That's $375 and possibly $385 if you trade them separately and the $5 bonus gets added to each. Then turn around and preorder the X1X and you pay the $120ish difference.

#764 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16083 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

so the trade in system offer for pro members is till 9/17? And what is the $5 bonus?

#765 stormrage360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

stormrage360

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

so the trade in system offer for pro members is till 9/17? And what is the $5 bonus?

It's a $5 bonus coupon the associates keep next to the register, they keep a stack and sometimes give them away or the cool ones will grab one and scan it when you're trading in stuff.

#766 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:58 PM

Yeah, it lasts through the 17th.

#767 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6699 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:06 AM

I haven't updated the OP in a while, anything I should to it?

#768 MoonBlossom  

MoonBlossom

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

It's the Minecraft console exclusive to Target and Microsoft store?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#769 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

It's the Minecraft console exclusive to Target and Microsoft store?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yes

#770 Uptown_NYC  

Uptown_NYC

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:57 AM

Got my Target email cancellation for my Scorpio Edition....unbelievable. Shoulda went with Amazon/Bestbuy...

Anyone else get their Target order cancelled?

#771 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:41 AM

Got my Target email cancellation for my Scorpio Edition....unbelievable. Shoulda went with Amazon/Bestbuy...

follow nowinstock. Microsoft has been going in and out of stock it will last about 7 mins each time. I got my buddy one a few days ago.. But i literally sat and refreshed for awhile if your hell bent on the scorpio version. 

Date/Time Status Sep 05 - 3:24 PM EST Microsoft Store : Console: Scorpio Edition Out of Stock Sep 05 - 3:17 PM EST Microsoft Store : Console: Scorpio Edition Preorder for (See Site) Sep 05 - 3:30 AM EST Microsoft Store : Console: Scorpio Edition Out of Stock Sep 05 - 3:23 AM EST Microsoft Store : Console: Scorpio Edition Preorder for (See Site) Sep 05 - 2:34 AM EST Microsoft Store : Console: Scorpio Edition Out of Stock Sep 05 - 2:27 AM EST Microsoft Store : Console: Scorpio Edition Preorder for (See Site)

#772 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3299 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Damn it the xbox one s 1tb vaslue dropped $10 to 115.  With the bonus it would be 165 or 170 with card.  Debating trade it now or hope for better deal or sell locally

#773 dualrec  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:05 PM

scorpio dropped to 450 on gamestop....do they do like amazon and others and change your pre-order price to the lowest?

gotta be a mistake

#774 philmcfly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

I actually have an Uncharted PS4 and 2 XBOX Ones I need to get rid of.

Is that $5.00 bonus trade in coupon 1 per transaction?  Or should I just trade all 3 in at once and tell the clerk to scan it 3 times?

#775 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7661 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

I actually have an Uncharted PS4 and 2 XBOX Ones I need to get rid of.

Is that $5.00 bonus trade in coupon 1 per transaction? Or should I just trade all 3 in at once and tell the clerk to scan it 3 times?

One at a time.

#776 PeeDeeJay   Who stole my hat? CAGiversary!   760 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

PeeDeeJay

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

I feel your pain. Mine from gamestop got canceled because I had the wrong billing address (even though I paid with all trade credit). Customer service has been no help. Guess I'll be getting a regular version now.

#777 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1154 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

I guess I'm a little slow...but I have the OG fat Xbox and will get a 4K tv on Black Friday.  

Can the XB1 X play games in native 4k? And is the XB1 S limited to playing games in 1080p with 4K upscaling? 

I was looking at the specs for both, and both have the 4K Optical Drive...so what spec allows for the X to play games in 4K while the S cannot? 

Thanks in advance (from the local CAG mental slowpoke). 

#778 tbassett   MW2 Still King CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

I guess I'm a little slow...but I have the OG fat Xbox and will get a 4K tv on Black Friday.  

Can the XB1 X play games in native 4k? And is the XB1 S limited to playing games in 1080p with 4K upscaling? 

I was looking at the specs for both, and both have the 4K Optical Drive...so what spec allows for the X to play games in 4K while the S cannot? 

Thanks in advance (from the local CAG mental slowpoke). 

When it comes  to playing games, the X is going to  be able run a lot of games at native 4k.  Some will be checkerboarded 4k.  The S is not going to be able to do that.  I don't think they'll be a difference in playing 4k ultra blu ray's.  But when it comes to games the S isn't in the same league as the X.  

This is a decent reference: https://majornelson....one-x-enhanced/

#779 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2271 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

The S does do HDR and outputs a 4K signal regardless of what you are doing but it isn't powerful enough to do actual 4K games or upscale anything. 4K/HDR apps (YouTube/Netflix/Amazon) and 4K Blu-ray should be the same on both.

#780 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1154 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:20 PM

Ok I was just asking because there's some good deals to unload my fat 1 TB for $140 or so at GS.  Plus you can get a 1 TB S with 2 quality games for $300.  So I was wondering if I should do that or just wait for some more X trade in deals.