* * * * - 5 votes

SNES Classic up at best buy

#301 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

Ugh of course it happens in the middle of the night. How long was it up for?

#302 WaveGod  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

Ugh of course it happens in the middle of the night. How long was it up for?

About 25-35 mins on best buy, and about 30 mins on amazon.

#303 Gara   Gao Gao Stegosaurus CAGiversary!   667 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

100% no. Everything manufactured is at a safe number. Nintendo can easily over produce and meet demand, but why would they? Less equals more. A companies brand is the most important thing and Nintendo understands this better than anyone.

1pm EST? RIP Walmart servers.

Artificial scarcity is all the rage these days. It builds word of mouth and your customers value the product more. Nintendo lives off this stuff. Look at their aggressive pricing on every product. Prices stay high and they'll discontinue a product before heavily discounting it. They don't even need to reduce prices on bundled consoles as the privilege of buying a limited Nintendo item is reward enough.

It has leeched into everything. I was looking for some nice plaid button up work shirts. Found a site selling made in the USA working man's shirts. Limited edition prints sold out in every piece. They will "drop" new stock a couple times in 1-2 months. The store just sits there selling brand stickers and explodes with activity 1 day a month when stock is in. I just wanted some us made Buffalo plaid!

Edit: I'm probably in competition with street wear people. I guess I prefer a working man's clothes in immaculate condition trend over frayed hole filled distressed vagabond look. Homeless but styling

#304 WaveGod  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

Back up on best buy i think.

Edit: Nevermind. Bad alert.

#305 Minkyboi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Minkyboi

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

100% no. Everything manufactured is at a safe number. Nintendo can easily over produce and meet demand, but why would they? Less equals more. A companies brand is the most important thing and Nintendo understands this better than anyone. 

1pm EST? RIP Walmart servers. 

And people still defend nintendo with them not making demand for the Switch, saying that they use the same materials as Apple and cant get them as fast as they do. Then how come they cant possibly produce enough Classic NES/SNES then? It's older technology and clearly doesnt use the same materials as the Switch or iPhones.

#306 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3870 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

Back up on best buy i think.

Nah, just says not available for online purchase

#307 Dustwalker14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Dustwalker14

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

I had alerts set with both them and amazon and got no emails about it being available...

#308 illmatic8582   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

illmatic8582

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

The pre order button is active, but their is no stock. Is this usually a glitch or are they adding more shortly?

#309 CASH1   The Producer CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

I got the alert from the app... and i almost had it bought... it woudlnt let me pick a store... then it wouldnt let e ship it... it glitched out and then it went back to coming soon.

*$(WY%(*WYET(HSDGIUSHDGIKJHGKNSG

#310 CASH1   The Producer CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

The pre order button is active, but their is no stock. Is this usually a glitch or are they adding more shortly?

this is seriously so freaking ridiculous. staying up all night... being good little sheep... and we're getting screwed by a freaking website.

#311 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

Up for around a Half hour in the middle of the night. Yeah these are gonna be easy to get.

#312 Gara   Gao Gao Stegosaurus CAGiversary!   667 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

I had alerts set with both them and amazon and got no emails about it being available...

Zoo alert didn't go off for me. The tracker was around 20+ minutes slow. They pulled a fast one and made a new item page. Then didn't put in purchase limits. Too many contradictions for me to completely trust it

#313 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   935 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

of course, middle of the night. neckbeards win!! have a job and can't stay up all hours? ... Fuck off, you lose once AGAIN!!

#314 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

#315 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

You could only get it from BB when it first came up at 1:14 am est this morning. Their pre-order button being live with "shipping:free" showing is a false trigger on their website. This happens frequently right after an item goes OOS for them. 

#316 panasonic   Joanna Dark CAGiversary!   4850 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

of course, middle of the night. neckbeards win!! have a job and can't stay up all hours? ... Fuck off, you lose once AGAIN!!

Have a job? Can't stay up all hours of the night? ONCE AGAIN  we are happy to provide the service hard working Americans need and crave. We bring you hard to find items only in stock at Ebay! 

#317 CASH1   The Producer CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:47 AM

You could only get it from BB when it first came up at 1:14 am est this morning. Their pre-order button being live with "shipping:free" showing is a false trigger on their website. This happens frequently right after an item goes OOS for them. 

son of a....  god this is so frustrating. the tracker app sent me false flags a few times tonight... i got one for amazon after it was already gone and i got another one for best buy a short while ago... and it was what you said here.

this is worth being completely exhausted at work today.

nintendo deserves to go out of business. seriously and truly. microsoft and sony for as selfish as they are, would never pull some shit like this.

#318 illmatic8582   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

illmatic8582

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

So bestbuy/amazon will have no stock? I thought nintendo said these will be a lot easier to get! None of my alerts went off either. So the only ones left are walmart and gamestop?

#319 CASH1   The Producer CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

Have a job? Can't stay up all hours of the night? ONCE AGAIN  we are happy to provide the service hard working Americans need and crave. We bring you hard to find items only in stock at Ebay! 

at only 4x the cost of retail. what a great service those ebayers provide!

#320 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3783 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

:D got mine on the Amazon, I reckon. Thanks, 4:45am alarm clock.

#321 WaveGod  

Lol @ neckbeards

#322 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

portnoyd

I don't think the Amazon listing was real. Two reasons:

1. Amazon limits their exclusive amiibos to one per person and releases them on the day of release. While this isn't amiibo, why would they use a different tactic on something so limited?

2. Amazon CSRs don't know anything about any one specific product. It's like talking to someone who doesn't know your language and all they know how to say is 'Yes' or 'Uh huh'.

#323 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Fine Nintendo, I'll use a god damn emulator on my pc if that's what you want.

#324 WaveGod  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

So bestbuy/amazon will have no stock? I thought nintendo said these will be a lot easier to get! None of my alerts went off either. So the only ones left are walmart and gamestop?

Im sure they'll have some in stock on release date but i wouldnt bet on them being easy to get.

#325 Firecrest   BOOMSHALAKALAKA! CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Firecrest

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

You people need to set loud, boopy alerts to Wario's tweets.

#326 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3783 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

Fine Nintendo, I'll use a god damn emulator on my pc if that's what you want.

tell da truth, you were doing that already.

#327 panasonic   Joanna Dark CAGiversary!   4850 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

How much did the NES go up to on ebay? what are we looking at if desperate to buy

#328 Mostly Human   Turtle Soup CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

Best buy screwed a lot of people but they learned from walmart. 12 noon is fair, not 12 am on a school work night.

#329 WaveGod  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

I don't think the Amazon listing was real. Two reasons:

1. Amazon limits their exclusive amiibos to one per person and releases them on the day of release. While this isn't amiibo, why would they use a different tactic on something so limited?

2. Amazon CSRs don't know anything about any one specific product. It's like talking to someone who doesn't know your language and all they know how to say is 'Yes' or 'Uh huh'.

Cmon now guy dont try to ruin it for the rest of us that lost sleep for this. Let us believe it paid off. Lol

#330 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   935 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

This is where Gamestop can be your best option/best friend ... at least trying to get an in-store preorder at GS weeds out the majority of the eBay want-to-be millionaires and gives you somewhat of a chance