* * * * - 5 votes

SNES Classic up at best buy

#361 mchittumjr  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

I'll be ready at 1pm today, have a feeling a few places will put preorders up then. Best Buy needs to do better than a 1:15am preorder time. 

#362 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6715 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:55 AM

New Ad! Thanks Nintendo!

Spoiler

#363 panasonic   Joanna Dark CAGiversary!   4814 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

H6XBurs.jpg

:applause:  :applause:  :applause:  :applause: I like how you grabbed quotes from the users here. And I love the store names.

#364 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4289 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Wait so we have a problem with them being priced too low now?

exactly. This thing to be 149 at least.

#365 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4213 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

I'll be ready at 1pm today, have a feeling a few places will put preorders up then. Best Buy needs to do better than a 1:15am preorder time. 

Yeah that was shitty. I woke up randomly 30 minutes after they went up and was out of luck. Had it in my cart a few times, but kept getting the OOS during check-out. I hope we see some pre-orders go up today. I would love to not have to wait in line all day to get one on my birthday of all days. 

#366 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1191 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

lol shit always goes up in the middle of the night and yet people continue to be shocked when it happens.

#367 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7560 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

benjamouth

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

lol shit always goes up in the middle of the night and yet people continue to be shocked when it happens.

No East Coast love man  :cry:

#368 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4213 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

No East Coast love man  :cry:

No kidding it was like 2 AM on a Monday when it went up for those of us on the East Coast. I don't know about everyone here, but I work 8-5 Monday - Friday, I don't typically stay up till 2 AM on a Monday night. I happened to wake up randomly and missed the SNES by about 20 minutes and it sucks, but I know I will get one still, it will just probably be a hassle like the NES Classic was. 

#369 WaveGod  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

They mad

#370 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

Well my comment got featured in a Ferrari post. I guess missing preorders wasn't a total a bust.

#371 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

No kidding it was like 2 AM on a Monday when it went up for those of us on the East Coast. I don't know about everyone here, but I work 8-5 Monday - Friday, I don't typically stay up till 2 AM on a Monday night. I happened to wake up randomly and missed the SNES by about 20 minutes and it sucks, but I know I will get one still, it will just probably be a hassle like the NES Classic was.

Same here gotta be up at 6 to take kids to school ; high demand item like this should at least go on preorder at a decent hour to give everyone a fair shot at retail ; saw people saying they ordered 6 wtf

#372 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:19 PM

H6XBurs.jpg

Lock the thread, no, lock life, we're done here. Amazeballs. 

#373 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   728 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

H6XBurs.jpg

These usually make me chuckle but this is definitely the best one yet. Legit laughed

#374 Ness3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   440 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

Who does everyone follow on twitter for alerts? I didnt get any CAG noifications even though I signed up :( Guess I am signing up for Twitter!

#375 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4213 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:29 PM

Same here gotta be up at 6 to take kids to school ; high demand item like this should at least go on preorder at a decent hour to give everyone a fair shot at retail ; saw people saying they ordered 6 wtf

Someone said the Amazon pre-orders already went up too. I haven't seen anything to confirm this outside of a Facebook post by Nintendo Life, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went up while I was on my way to work or something.

#376 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1888 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

Someone said the Amazon pre-orders already went up too. I haven't seen anything to confirm this outside of a Facebook post by Nintendo Life, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went up while I was on my way to work or something.

I was able to get an amazon order in when i woke up at 4am cst.  It was/is listed with a strange title and no picture, but is probably legit

#377 Saint Noir   CinemaScope CAGiversary!   2101 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

Some went up on Amazon in a weird place (not the main listing).  But they are supposedly confirmed legit.  

#378 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:37 PM

Hoping bb restock I have alerts from ign deals ; now in stock; cat etc it's all a mute point when I'm passed the Fuck out lol got landing pages open for target Walmart etc too

#379 WaveGod  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

They did go up on Amazon. Im hearing they released preorders on a different listing to combat page monitors and tracker apps. But they were definitely legit.

#380 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22758 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

Great, so I already missed BBY and Amazon... perfect. 

#381 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

They did go up on Amazon. Im hearing they released preorders on a different listing to combat page monitors and tracker apps. But they were definitely legit.

I understand why they did that but it als screwed the smart consumer non scalper; I missed out on mini nes at retail and using the trackers now to avoid shit like this ; if they truly wanted to combat the problem they would have put a quantity limit if you go to igndeals twitter tons of people saying they ordered more then 2. Hiding it from tracker apps is not as useful as quantity limitations ; if they really wanted to hurt the eBayers that's how they would do it this false title block tracker apps didn't do anything meaningful to combat the problem. Also using the diff weird title listing blocked there own customers who signed up to be notified under the correct title

#382 WaveGod  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

I understand why they did that but it als screwed the smart consumer non scalper; I missed out on mini nes at retail and using the trackers now to avoid shit like this ; if they truly wanted to combat the problem they would have put a quantity limit if you go to igndeals twitter tons of people saying they ordered more then 2. Hiding it from tracker apps is not as useful as quantity limitations ; if they really wanted to hurt the eBayers that's how they would do it this false title block tracker apps didn't do anything meaningful to combat the problem. Also using the diff weird title listing blocked there own customers who signed up to be notified under the correct title

Amazons gonna kill the orders with multiples. But still, the fact they did that stopped bots. There are bots out there that run 24/7 that were most definitely monitoring the original page. They wouldnt have even lasted 5 minutes if it was in the daytime on the original page.

#383 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4213 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

WTF! That is so stupid! I am more mad that they put them up and hid them now! 

#384 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

Amazons gonna kill the orders with multiples. But still, the fact they did that stopped bots. There are bots out there that run 24/7 that were most definitely monitoring the original page. They wouldnt have even lasted 5 minutes if it was in the daytime on the original page.

Hope your right ordinal rumor was a limit of 5 even that seems high for this item 3 or even 2 should be the max

#385 ScottyN  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

At this point, I'm just hoping Nebraska Furniture Mart lists these in 3-4 years when most people have moved on to trying to secure a Wii Classic...

#386 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4213 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

Hope your right ordinal rumor was a limit of 5 even that seems high for this item 3 or even 2 should be the max

It should be a limit of 1 per customer. Something this high in demand should not have a limit of even 2 per customer. It's bullshit that Amazon puts the pre-orders up and hides them from the page we've all signed up for notifications and have been watching for months now. Then they are letting people order more than one on top of it is utter shit. 

#387 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:43 PM

Glad I randomly checked CAG to see if there was a visa checkout sale before going to bed last night. Hopefully my orders don't get cancelled, ordered one then decided to order a second for my brother. Guess it paid off getting no sleep since I had my alarm set for 5 hours after they went up.

#388 chessnerd  

chessnerd

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

Who does everyone follow on twitter for alerts? I didnt get any CAG noifications even though I signed up :( Guess I am signing up for Twitter!

I assume they follow CAG lol

#389 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4213 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

I assume they follow CAG lol

Wario64

#390 dweezy121  

dweezy121

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

In for one!!