- - - - -

SNES Mini finally dropping in Canada

#1 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Rumors are abound. Amazon and Bestbuy in the USA already threw stuff online while people were sleeping, which soldout instantly (15-20 minutes apparently).

EB Games may be taking in-store preorders when they open, and online at some time (check Twitter if you hope to get that).

Amazon.ca has a listing up with no stock:

https://www.amazon.c...ZDQR/022648-20/

Nintendo's product page suggests it will be available from Amazon Bestbuy and EB, and links to their front pages:

https://www.nintendo...per-nes-classic

Posted Image

#2 cashinstinct   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

cashinstinct

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...es-classic.aspx

Be among the first to know when it’s available.
FOLLOW @BBYC_GAMERSCLUB

#3 cashinstinct   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

cashinstinct

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...es-classic.aspx Be among the first to know when it’s available.FOLLOW @BBYC_GAMERSCLUB

#SNES Classic will be live for pre-order at approx. 10am PT. Web only. LTD QTY, no rainchecks. SNES is Eng only and not available in Quebec

They now posted link:

http://www.bestbuy.c...h/11470309.aspx

#4 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:02 PM

Available now on Bestbuy, snagged one myself :)

Edit: soldout, lasted like 2-3 minutes

Posted Image

#5 bdavid81   Leafs Fan and Multiplatform Gamer CAGiversary!   866 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

I am unfortunately broke until Friday, so need to rely on Amazon for a no-payment pre-order or I'll still sit outside all night like originally planned months ago.

#6 retro.elite   CAGdood! CAGiversary!   755 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

retro.elite

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

ebgames is up.

Posted Image

#7 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

ebgames is up.

Already soldout!

Posted Image

#8 retro.elite   CAGdood! CAGiversary!   755 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

retro.elite

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

I am unfortunately broke until Friday, so need to rely on Amazon for a no-payment pre-order or I'll still sit outside all night like originally planned months ago.

Best Buy doesn't take payment until it is shipped.

Already soldout!

local ebgames for instore.

Posted Image

#9 Talus   Graphics Whore CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:55 PM

Grabbed one!  Now I can relax :)

#10 bdavid81   Leafs Fan and Multiplatform Gamer CAGiversary!   866 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

I stopped in at EB Games on my way to work and put $50 down so no more camping put overnight.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

#11 Talus   Graphics Whore CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:32 PM

I stopped in at EB Games on my way to work and put $50 down so no more camping put overnight.

That sounds like the absolute best way.  Didn't realize that was an option!

#12 bdavid81   Leafs Fan and Multiplatform Gamer CAGiversary!   866 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:35 PM

That sounds like the absolute best way. Didn't realize that was an option!

I didn't even know for sure... I just called on my way to work and since EB is literally 2 minutes from work.. It was convenient. :)

#13 maigoyume   The Lost Dreamer CAGiversary!   6953 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:42 PM

Blast, just got home from work and missed out

For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here, Here and Here
Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#14 Tanelorn   ... CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:49 AM

At least some of you guys had the chance to actually try to pre order it. It's not even available in North Korea ... sorry I mean Québec.

#15 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:37 AM

Blast, just got home from work and missed out

Amazon still hasn't gone apparently. There was a rumor that it was going to go up at 2 PST, but when that didn't happen the rumor shifted to 2am PST... Which *is* the same time .com went.

At least some of you guys had the chance to actually try to pre order it. It's not even available in North Korea ... sorry I mean Québec.

It isn't confirmed that Amazon will refuse Quebec like Bestbuy and EB did, maybe there's hope?

Posted Image

#16 maigoyume   The Lost Dreamer CAGiversary!   6953 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:34 AM

Well I've got nothing to lose, I'll try for the 2am shot.

Amazon still hasn't gone apparently. There was a rumor that it was going to go up at 2 PST, but when that didn't happen the rumor shifted to 2am PST... Which *is* the same time .com went.

It isn't confirmed that Amazon will refuse Quebec like Bestbuy and EB did, maybe there's hope?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#17 VetraX   In-game moralist CAGiversary!   765 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

Amazon still hasn't gone live. Walmart still hasn't gone live. There's a shot at Toys R Us carrying the SNES Classic. I'm not sure where else.

Yesterday was ridiculous, though. I was on EB and BB when both went live, still missed out (coffee error on EB, and BB made me log-in again...) but I drove to the nearest EB around 11:30am MDT and they were taking pre-orders starting at 11am MDT, and they were at about half stock left. I doubt any store in Canada would have survived the day, stock-wise.

Good luck to anyone who still hasn't gotten one. But also, some hope: I missed out, initially, on the NES Classic last year, but got in on the Amazon restock earlier this year.

Sadly, I don't think Nintendo has learned anything, nor do I think they're inclined to do so. 3DS and Wii U might be the last home consoles I ever buy from them, and I'll be glad once amiibos are done with.

#18 maigoyume   The Lost Dreamer CAGiversary!   6953 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

Super frustrating, especially since most of us have work to deal with and can't be watching things 24/7. 

Well worst case scenario I'll pick up a super famicom mini from Japan.

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#19 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8783 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:55 PM

Call me.crazy, but I'm looking at the cost of a Raspberry Pi 3 + SNES controller + 3D printed SNES mini Case for under $100...

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#20 bdavid81   Leafs Fan and Multiplatform Gamer CAGiversary!   866 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:56 PM

Call me.crazy, but I'm looking at the cost of a Raspberry Pi 3 + SNES controller + 3D printed SNES mini Case for under $100...

Well that's definitely an awesome option, I genuinely love being able to support Nintendo on this, despite some of the shortcomings they've had.

#21 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

Rumors are that Amazon.com has retroactively set a limit of 1 to their existing orders. Kinda good news seeing as they apparently had a limit of 30 per order and allowed unlimited orders...

Posted Image

#22 maigoyume   The Lost Dreamer CAGiversary!   6953 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:48 AM

Rumors are that Amazon.com has retroactively set a limit of 1 to their existing orders. Kinda good news seeing as they apparently had a limit of 30 per order and allowed unlimited orders...

That's absurd, but great if it's true.

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#23 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8783 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:47 AM

Well that's definitely an awesome option, I genuinely love being able to support Nintendo on this, despite some of the shortcomings they've had.

I want to support them, but the ebayers are already out in full force. No way fans will be able to easily get one and I'm not going to camp in line for this. The Raspberry Pi 3 option allows me to relive past consoles such as the NWS, SNES, Genesis, etc., playing games I've owned over the years.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#24 Tanelorn   ... CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

Just to inform fellow Québec residents, the SNES Classic will be available in Québec. It was confirmed by Toys R Us.

https://twitter.com/...761986589839360

I think restrictions were lifted. No preorder, No reservation, pick in store on the 29th at the regular hours.

#25 cashinstinct   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

cashinstinct

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for information!

#26 cashinstinct   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

cashinstinct

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:10 PM

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0721GGGS9

Prime members only