* * - - - 7 votes

GameStop Ad 8/30-9/5

#31 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11634 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

Where does the extra $5 trade coupon come from?

There is a pic of it floating around in the forums here, but the safest bet is to get one from the employee at checkout.  Some stores only take the physical card.

#32 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

There is a pic of it floating around in the forums here, but the safest bet is to get one from the employee at checkout.  Some stores only take the physical card.

My store only accepts official coupons now. They used to allow print outs. 

#33 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

Just a top, use the spoiler or just DM to answer that question so it doesn't show in search results for guests. :) A big hurdle for a lurker is knowing the games that have good value. And since June proved that some guests are stupid/uninformed while others are just trying to notify GS employees of CAG, this tip makes it more likely guests will trade the same games as us and thus increase the odds of junior detectives noticing. CAGiversary! members have a restricted forum so their trades (possibly more obscure from Blackbeard & others) won't be as affected.

Don't get triggered by me asking but what VPN do you prefer? I used to use Nord but I don't love it.

#34 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15056 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Free Funko Pop! Go to https://www.powerupb...com/DigitalCode and enter the information tied to your GS PU account along with the code FUNKOINSIDER. You'll be emailed a code to use in-store "before 8/27" for a free funko pop. I got my code within a minute.

The code doesn't say anything about a required price for the item. The fine print does say "Customers may be responsible for sales tax," but this could be just standard legalese for GS offers. I don't have anything in the past to compare it to.

FYI it's only for PoP's priced at $8.99 or less.

#35 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15056 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Someone asked in the last thread, but WWE Network cards are still on sale through Sunday night.

#36 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:06 PM

Don't get triggered by me asking but what VPN do you prefer? I used to use Nord but I don't love it.

I know you weren't talking to me but I like Private Internet Access. Tons of servers, great speed. Outside the US and don't keep logs.

#37 ninjabenja   Where do I put my title? CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

ninjabenja

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:58 AM

Thank you for the info!

Free Funko Pop! Go to https://www.powerupb...com/DigitalCode and enter the information tied to your GS PU account along with the code FUNKOINSIDER. You'll be emailed a code to use in-store "before 8/27" for a free funko pop. I got my code within a minute.

The code doesn't say anything about a required price for the item. The fine print does say "Customers may be responsible for sales tax," but this could be just standard legalese for GS offers. I don't have anything in the past to compare it to.

#38 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:48 AM

I know you weren't talking to me but I like Private Internet Access. Tons of servers, great speed. Outside the US and don't keep logs.

I also use PIA. Works well for me. Reasonable price.

#39 VA   Do my nipples frighten you? CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:19 AM

Add $129 to that xbone price as it will inevitably will need to be repaired. MS hasn't figured out how to make a console that actually works for more than a couple of months at a time

#40 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:23 AM

1ngxFM.gif

#41 dudebythepool  

dudebythepool

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

So what's the reward point special during black Friday/cyber monday?

#42 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

So what's the reward point special during black Friday/cyber monday?

Pre-owned certificates for half points on cyber Monday.

#43 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

So i renewed pro membership in store and i forget what is the  wording on the coupon for multiple sets of the buy 2 get 1 free??

#44 ajourneywelove  

ajourneywelove

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

So i renewed pro membership in store and i forget what is the  wording on the coupon for multiple sets of the buy 2 get 1 free??

I believe it should say Power Up Rewards instead of PUR.

PUR = 1 set only.

#45 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

Damn..it says pur pro

#46 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

Damn..it says pur pro

I believe they changed the renewal coupon from multiple sets to one during the last few months.

#47 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4186 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

Stealth tiv bump tomorrow? Would be great to time with 60% extra promo

#48 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4715 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:10 PM

I believe it should say Power Up Rewards instead of PUR.

PUR = 1 set only.

Oh, seriously?  I used a coupon last week and didn't know there was a difference. I used my multi...

oh well.

I'm struggling with this promo to find 6 games I want to sell.  I definitely have 3, so I want to take advantage of it... but 6... ugh. 

#49 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11634 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

Add $129 to that xbone price as it will inevitably will need to be repaired. MS hasn't figured out how to make a console that actually works for more than a couple of months at a time

I guess the six or so :xb1: consoles I've had have all been exceptions. :roll:

Pre-owned certificates for half points on cyber Monday.

IIRC, those special certificates also had an accelerated expiration, so make sure to pay attention to those dates if/when you get them.

#50 Cygnus X-1  

Cygnus X-1

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

Deleted

#51 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

Can anyone else confirm this? Big if true

Yes. If they won't let you do it then you can just do the amazon cash thing.

https://smile.amazon...a-no-redirect=1

#52 Tehdeathscythe  

Tehdeathscythe

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

Yes. If they won't let you do it then you can just do the amazon cash thing.

https://smile.amazon...a-no-redirect=1

How? I thought Gamestop will only take cash towards "amazon cash" instead of credit towards it?

#53 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

Straight up just went to da GS and got $500 Visas with TC! Left a bad review and canceled all my pre-orderz cause they wouldnt let me do $1,000.

xbod9U5.gifgiphy-tumblr.gif

#54 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

How? I thought Gamestop will only take cash towards "amazon cash" instead of credit towards it?

http://www.dualshock...nts-amazoncash/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#55 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

9ca.gif

#56 Cygnus X-1  

Cygnus X-1

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

Deleted

#57 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

What happened to the GameStop trade-in thread? I would have thought it would be up with the current 60% bonus TIV with 6+ games. I've been out of it for a while.

#58 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

Actually haven't used one before. From what I know about them, I don't travel enough right now to warrant paying for a service.

#59 Kyle1022  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

What happened to the GameStop trade-in thread? I would have thought it would be up with the current 60% bonus TIV with 6+ games. I've been out of it for a while.

It's in the CAGiversary-only forum now. Mainly because stooges such as one person above you have loose lips which gets things posted on other websites and helps to rapidly close loopholes (PUR coupon only works on 1 set of B2G1 now, GS credit doesn't work on Amazon anymore, etc)

#60 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

This is it now. Things went viral in June and CAG got a lot of unwanted attention so decisions were made to help limit information so that it wasn't abused by guests. There is also a CAGiversary-only thread: https://www.cheapass...scussion/page-1