* * - - - 7 votes

GameStop Ad 8/30-9/5

#841 ritchardf  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:43 PM

I have no reason to lie and that's not a made up. That is actually what the guy said.

oh no, im not saying you are lying, i was talking about whoever you spoke with. they are either misinformed or just straight lying to get you to come in.

#842 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:45 PM

oh no, im not saying you are lying, i was talking about whoever you spoke with. they are either misinformed or just straight lying to get you to come in.

Oh ok.

#843 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

Although this is extreamly ymmv but I called a location to know more about this deal and he said the percentages went up to 80% if you traded in 8 games. I don't if he was ill-informed or this perticular location had a differant deal in place. 

I didn't take advantage of this because this store was 30 miles away but I thought it was worth letting you guys know.

I can confirm that guy was feeding you a line unless it's something that started today. I did two trades over the weekend with 20+ games per trade from my Amazon warehouse deals hoarding.

#844 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

Although this is extreamly ymmv but I called a location to know more about this deal and he said the percentages went up to 80% if you traded in 8 games. I don't if he was ill-informed or this perticular location had a differant deal in place. 

I didn't take advantage of this because this store was 30 miles away but I thought it was worth letting you guys know.

That would result in Flipmageddon again. I wonder how many people are still trade banned from the last go around. I hope it happens

#845 Mega_Douche   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Mega_Douche

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

I plan on returning my pre-owned game within 7 days to compensate for the purchase to get 60% trades. Anyone know if that should work fine?

#846 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:24 PM

I plan on returning my pre-owned game within 7 days to compensate for the purchase to get 60% trades. Anyone know if that should work fine?

It does but its kind of a "douche" move, If you return enough stuff and cancel pre-orders they can flag your account. But i wouldnt sweat it as long as you dont do multiple times

#847 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

If you can't afford a $1-2 loss via a shitty DS game for 60% more credit, you should just not do it. A return is a hassle and hurts employees. Think about the long germ.

Also I have heard of stories of employees denying you the return or somehow trying to take the extra credit back.

#848 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6688 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:33 PM

If you can't afford a $1-2 loss via a shitty DS game for 60% more credit, you should just not do it. A return is a hassle and hurts employees. Think about the long germ.

Also I have heard of stories of employees denying you the return or somehow trying to take the extra credit back.

How does return hurt employees?

Wish I could get destiny tonight on a side note. Gonna suck waiting a month on it

#849 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

How does return hurt employees?

Wish I could get destiny tonight on a side note. Gonna suck waiting a month on it

Doesn't a return on preowned affect their preowned numbers? Which is a part of their COL.

#850 Omni99  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:52 PM

Hey, first post here. Was a long time lurker who really didn't pay too much attention to the gamestop threads until flipaggedon. But I have followed CAG long enough to know that all that info originated here. Just wanted to say thanks first off, I made enough off that to get a PSVR and trade in for a PS4 PRO. Made some more on the last couple trade-in specials too.

I know I won't get sheet access or anything for a long time, but that's ok. I can do my own work as long as I'm nudged in the right direction. You guys are right in that it's not really that hard, just time consuming. I will try to contribute what I can and keep the questions to a minimum.

#851 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6598 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:59 PM

Putting the C in CAG 

#852 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

I wouldn't consider it a loss I would consider it padding for the next round of 6/60% trades that will inevitably happen.

#853 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

I wouldn't consider it a loss I would consider it padding for the next round of 6/60% trades that will inevitably happen.

typically games have no trade in value when you buy them that cheap. Just another thing to consider why we consider it a loss. but i will still take the loss. Small price to pay for trading in games

#854 Flux1  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:15 PM

typically games have no trade in value when you buy them that cheap. Just another thing to consider why we consider it a loss. but i will still take the loss. Small price to pay for trading in games

Last two times the promo rolled around 3 cent games still triggered the bonus. So whatever filler you get this time will still have its use later on.

#855 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:19 PM

Last two times the promo rolled around 3 cent games still triggered the bonus. So whatever filler you get this time will still have its use later on.

I had plenty of 360/wii games that only got 3cents, bumped up to 6cents lol. And still had bonuses. Wishing I would've saved some for tiered promos.

#856 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:22 PM

What happened to some of my posts? 

EYJZyQz.gif

#857 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

Yes but games are listed as n/a mean you dont get any help triggering. For example i bought halo games for 360 and value is listed as *n/a*. i said games with no value.3 cents is value

#858 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:26 PM

What happened to some of my posts? 

EYJZyQz.gif

mods removed them...

#859 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:28 PM

A day too late, but I was told by the GS guy at my store that if you make a donation to the Childrem's Miracle Network when you make a purchase (I don't know if it applies to the trade portion of a purchase/trade transaction), you get triple PUR points, wish the guy had told me that on Thursday... :(

#860 ritchardf  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:30 PM

A day too late, but I was told by the GS guy at my store that if you make a donation to the Childrem's Miracle Network when you make a purchase (I don't know if it applies to the trade portion of a purchase/trade transaction), you get triple PUR points, wish the guy had told me that on Thursday... :(

its just for the donation amount.

#861 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13591 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:30 PM

He is misinformed.  You only get 3x points on the donation amount.

#862 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

But if you do over time buy more than 5 of a single item through multiple orders they will mark you as a reseller and put a ban on your account just for ordering online.

It's happened to 3 of my accounts over the years and nothing happens except one day you'll just never be able to get an order to go through.

Well I tried to order 5 of an item during the 4 for $10/$8 sale. GS shipped 4 of them...After the 2nd one I got sent an email saying they were oos and the rest of them were cancelled lol but I got 2 more afterward sent. That order is still open lol and not marked closed or whatever. Thankfully my order last week has shipped with the freeshipping code. Wanted to order 2 of a game but it said limit was 1...was afraid I was website banned o.O at least my orders still go thru here lol didn't know about the bulk order ban...not doing that again though.

Edit: ok actually done it twice now that i think about it. The order above was the 1st time. The 2nd game I had to order 5x coz they kept sending me scratched copies of an obscure xbox game. Grrr.

#863 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

Yes but games are listed as n/a mean you dont get any help triggering. For example i bought halo games for 360 and value is listed as *n/a*. i said games with no value.3 cents is value

N/a games ring up as three cents typically.

#864 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:44 PM

N/a games ring up as three cents typically.

wow everytime ive tried in a the past a few different gamestops around here. Said they dont take them in when i tried trading

#865 Japakneez   You are big foo CAGiversary!   2397 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:01 AM

Anyone here preorder destiny digital from gamestop.com? Im hoping to pickup the Cayde6 figure at a store when it releases but 3 stores i talked to said they dont give it to those that bought digital.

I looked up the gamestop listing for destiny 2 and it says we can right there. Anyone else going to try the same?

#866 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:19 AM

Anyone here preorder destiny digital from gamestop.com? Im hoping to pickup the Cayde6 figure at a store when it releases but 3 stores i talked to said they dont give it to those that bought digital.

I looked up the gamestop listing for destiny 2 and it says we can right there. Anyone else going to try the same?

It would be shipped from gamestop.com if you ordered through website, contact customer support

#867 Kyle1022  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:37 AM

wow everytime ive tried in a the past a few different gamestops around here. Said they dont take them in when i tried trading

They're technically not supposed to take them, but if you're friendly with the employees they may do it if you ask

#868 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:43 AM

They're technically not supposed to take them, but if you're friendly with the employees they may do it if you ask

yea last time they did the 2/4/6 promo my guy had no problem with an N/A game in there. Didn't say anything about it. 

But took and N/A game with a $5 card to anther employee last week or so and she just said they don't take it. so yea kinda depends 

#869 chessnerd  

chessnerd

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:47 AM

Will the Destiny 2 PS4 Pros be hard to find this Wednesday?  I have $500 in gift cards.

#870 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:54 AM

yea last time they did the 2/4/6 promo my guy had no problem with an N/A game in there. Didn't say anything about it.

But took and N/A game with a $5 card to anther employee last week or so and she just said they don't take it. so yea kinda depends

Hmmm...since they toss out those games anyways like 3DS boxes at some stores, anyone asked for those games bk after trading them in? Lolol ya ya ik what the C is in CAG lol.

Surely someone has asked before o.O lol

When I trade in complete 3DS games I always ask if they toss out the boxes, if they do then they give the boxes bk to me...makes the next time I rebuy and trade that game in again easier coz they have a barcode to scan instead of manually searching for it