* * - - - 7 votes

GameStop Ad 8/30-9/5

#61 charlie3000k   Banned Banned   340 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

charlie3000k

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

IMG_0459.GIF

Has anyone got the UFC 2 for $19.99 on PS4 from GameStop ?
I know it's 19.99 for Xbox one but I don't know if it's $19.99 for PS4 !?!?
This could be sooo big!!!!
I think mcgregor is gonna win this week end!!!!!!!!
He has been training hard and he comes from a place where he had to fight to survive!!!
I heard he has been boxing since he was 9 years old!!!!
But what if mayweather wins!?!??!
Argggghhhh I just don't know!!!!
Mayweather is a champion.....
This fight is gonna be huge. Has the potential to be big.
If mcgergor wins will GameStop raise the price of UFC 2!?!?!
I think now is the time to buy!!!!!!
Can't risk them raising it up to $100 after he wins.

#62 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

attachicon.gifIMG_0459.GIF

Has anyone got the UFC 2 for $19.99 on PS4 from GameStop ?
I know it's 19.99 for Xbox one but I don't know if it's $19.99 for PS4 !?!?
This could be sooo big!!!!
I think mcgregor is gonna win this week end!!!!!!!!
He has been training hard and he comes from a place where he had to fight to survive!!!
I heard he has been boxing since he was 9 years old!!!!
But what if mayweather wins!?!??!
Argggghhhh I just don't know!!!!
Mayweather is a champion.....
This fight is gonna be huge. Has the potential to be big.
If mcgergor wins will GameStop raise the price of UFC 2!?!?!
I think now is the time to buy!!!!!!
Can't risk them raising it up to $100 after he wins.

It's this much munies.b53dd23905f2e167c54eae00fa57a404.jpg

#63 charlie3000k   Banned Banned   340 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

charlie3000k

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

It's this much munies.b53dd23905f2e167c54eae00fa57a404.jpg

I heard that when rousey lost they dropped the price!!!

#64 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

No they said a 80% bonus if Mike Tyson beats Muhammad Ali in under 2 minutes.

#65 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

Oh I wasn't even paying attention to this game back then, so not sure.

#66 Tehdeathscythe  

Tehdeathscythe

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

http://www.dualshock...nts-amazoncash/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That article is old. It doesn't work anymore. :argue:

#67 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

No they said a 80% bonus if Mike Tyson beats Muhammad Ali in under 2 minutes.

giphy.gif

#68 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

That article is old. It doesn't work anymore. :argue:

silver-platter.jpg

#69 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:53 PM

Just pre-ordered the Mayweather/McGregor fight, first time ever paying for PPV, bought it through PS Live Events, used a bunch of PS credit I had been racking up from all those $7 for $10 deals.

#70 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:13 PM

Just pre-ordered the Mayweather/McGregor fight, first time ever paying for PPV, bought it through PS Live Events, used a bunch of PS credit I had been racking up from all those $7 for $10 deals.

Here's to hoping it lasts longer than 60 seconds.

#71 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

Oh god $1.67/sec

#72 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4036 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:28 PM

Hopefully it lasts longer. Good ole drawn out ass whooping.

#73 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

Oh god $1.67/sec

$1.67 / sec is going to be my next salary request.

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years? "

"Well ..."

#74 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4036 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

This is it now. Things went viral in June and CAG got a lot of unwanted attention so decisions were made to help limit information so that it wasn't abused by guests. There is also a CAGiversary-only thread: https://www.cheapass...scussion/page-1

Cuz ya know, information doesn't totally get out quicker when you spread it out across 3 different threads (this, cagiversary, discord).

/sarcasm

#75 ck0  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

I just finished listening to Gamestop's Q2 Earnings call which just ended a minute ago

This was the quarter ending July 29th, which included flippageddon or whatever you want to call it

-their net income down from last year

-sold kongregate

-their stock tanked 7% in after hours market, almost hitting their 52 week low. will probably go lower on tomorrow's opening

a bunch of uninteresting stuff for most of us, but they did note that gamestop pro members are their best members, something like 3 times more activity, but they are also the most "savvy".  haha. they mention rolling out the new member program (probably the elite one, which sucks in terms of cost vs. % TIV boost), so they're trying to leverage that

secondly, they didn't name names, but they did note other retailers had "predatory discounts".  I can only assume this is BB's GCU, and Ama's Prime. they sounded butthurt by this, but that's what they get for refusing to compete.  

they are feeling the pressure so that's why they are exploring the tech brand business, like at&t and apple products, like the new iphone. they really love selling their collectibles and shit (ugly ass funko pop figures), which i have no interest with, but i guess it's working for them. 

they talk up the sales of xbox one x and switch and even the snes classic, but we all know that this is not retailer specific; stock for these things of course are gonna sell out, when supply is restricted.  

that's about it. hope it's okay to post here

#76 Shuganator   Banned Banned   39 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Shuganator

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

I just finished listening to Gamestop's Q2 Earnings call which just ended a minute ago

This was the quarter ending July 29th, which included flippageddon or whatever you want to call it

-sold kongregate
-their stock tanked 7% in after hours market, almost hitting their 52 week low. will probably go lower on tomorrow's opening

a bunch of uninteresting stuff for most of us, but they did note that gamestop pro members are their best members, something like 3 times more activity, but they are also the most "savvy". haha. they mention rolling out the new member program (probably the elite one, which sucks in terms of cost vs. % TIV boost), so they're trying to leverage that

secondly, they didn't name names, but they did note other retailers had "predatory discounts". I can only assume this is BB's GCU, and Ama's Prime. they sounded butthurt by this, but that's what they get for refusing to compete.

they are feeling the pressure so that's why they are exploring the tech brand business, like at&t and apple products, like the new iphone. they really love selling their collectibles and shit (ugly ass funko pop figures), which i have no interest with, but i guess it's working for them.

they talk up the sales of xbox one x and switch and even the snes classic, but we all know that this is not retailer specific; stock for these things of course are gonna sell out, when supply is restricted.

Well that's what happens when they're being stupid with their new games and selling them for $60 when I can get any new game for $48.

#77 AtlusParker   Banned Banned   330 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

AtlusParker

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:20 PM

Well that's what happens when they're being stupid with their new games and selling them for $60 when I can get any new game for $48.

You're paying way too much at $48. $0 is the new $48.

#78 crispytreat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

crispytreat

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:02 PM

-sold kongregate

a bunch of uninteresting stuff for most of us, but they did note that gamestop pro members are their best members, something like 3 times more activity, but they are also the most "savvy".  haha. they mention rolling out the new member program (probably the elite one, which sucks in terms of cost vs. % TIV boost), so they're trying to leverage that

secondly, they didn't name names, but they did note other retailers had "predatory discounts".  I can only assume this is BB's GCU, and Ama's Prime. they sounded butthurt by this, but that's what they get for refusing to compete.  

Hopefully this is not the next RadioShack.  A specialty store that ventures out into too many things then collapses at the end of the day.  They are in a tough situation, we will see if they can figure things out.

#79 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:34 AM

Did Gamestop's most successful store manager talk about a 45 day plan to get back on track? 45 days 45 points.  One point per day to get back in business?  And after he said that, did he do a twirl? 

#80 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:18 AM

Did Gamestop's most successful store manager talk about a 45 day plan to get back on track? 45 days 45 points.  One point per day to get back in business?  And after he said that, did he do a twirl? 

giphy.gif

#81 RabbitSuit   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   2126 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

RabbitSuit

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:36 AM

It's in the CAGiversary-only forum now. Mainly because stooges such as one person above you have loose lips which gets things posted on other websites and helps to rapidly close loopholes (PUR coupon only works on 1 set of B2G1 now, GS credit doesn't work on Amazon anymore, etc)

Damnit, when did this become a thing? I prefer lurking these days,

#82 homeoneday  

homeoneday

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:46 AM

This is it now. Things went viral in June and CAG got a lot of unwanted attention so decisions were made to help limit information so that it wasn't abused by guests. There is also a CAGiversary-only thread: https://www.cheapass...scussion/page-1

What is the permission to access this thread?

#83 syndragore  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:53 AM

Cuz ya know, information doesn't totally get out quicker when you spread it out across 3 different threads (this, cagiversary, discord).

/sarcasm

Whoa, is there a CAG Discord group?

#84 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:58 AM

What is the permission to access this thread?

Having a membership for more than a year and I believe 50 posts.

Whoa, is there a CAG Discord group?

Yes. There was a request link to it in an older GS weekly thread. I believe the week of July 5th or something like that. I'm sure there's also a link in that CAGiversary thread, but I can't confirm since I don't have access yet. 

#85 homeoneday  

homeoneday

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:24 AM

Having a membership for more than a year and I believe 50 posts.

Yes. There was a request link to it in an older GS weekly thread. I believe the week of July 5th or something like that. I'm sure there's also a link in that CAGiversary thread, but I can't confirm since I don't have access yet.

Thanks. Looks like a lot of things have changed since I last logged on.

#86 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:47 AM

/sarcasm

Haha you do have a point there (I actually forgot about the discord), but 2 of those are not viewable to guests, and I'd think the motivation of self-preservation would win out versus a desire to leak. Blackbeard made it pretty clear he won't tolerate that for his info.

#87 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:21 AM

Haha you do have a point there (I actually forgot about the discord), but 2 of those are not viewable to guests, and I'd think the motivation of self-preservation would win out versus a desire to leak. Blackbeard made it pretty clear he won't tolerate that for his info.

Your so helpful

#88 esalw822  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:50 AM

/sarcasm

Audience matters.

/truth

#89 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:16 AM

Free Funko Pop! Go to https://www.powerupb...com/DigitalCode and enter the information tied to your GS PU account along with the code FUNKOINSIDER. You'll be emailed a code to use in-store "before 8/27" for a free funko pop. I got my code within a minute.

The code doesn't say anything about a required price for the item. The fine print does say "Customers may be responsible for sales tax," but this could be just standard legalese for GS offers. I don't have anything in the past to compare it to.

Says no more codes available

#90 flipdog  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:04 AM

LoL some salty and thirsty ass MoFo`s here...