* * - - - 7 votes

GameStop Ad 8/30-9/5

#871 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:56 AM

They're technically not supposed to take them, but if you're friendly with the employees they may do it if you ask

They can take 3 cent games no problem and sell them immediately, with exception to trade hold. There are some games with a 2 cent value though that they have to defect and send to the warehouse and affects the stores bottom line. Most stores won't take these at all. 3 cent is YMMV but is good profit margins for the store.

#872 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:02 AM

They can take 3 cent games no problem and sell them immediately, with exception to trade hold. There are some games with a 2 cent value though that they have to defect and send to the warehouse and affects the stores bottom line. Most stores won't take these at all. 3 cent is YMMV but is good profit margins for the store.

Hmm now I'm confused...I thought I saw somewhere all the n/a games and games not in system get trashed even if they accept it for the tier boost.

#873 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:02 AM

Will the Destiny 2 PS4 Pros be hard to find this Wednesday?  I have $500 in gift cards.

shouldnt be to hard. Can you not pre-order right now in store? or tomrrow?

#874 chessnerd  

chessnerd

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:06 AM

I can tomorrow, hopefully they have pre-orders still.

#875 Momo3412  

Momo3412

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:07 AM

He should still be able to pre-order if they have some available.

#876 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:14 AM

Hmm now I'm confused...I thought I saw somewhere all the n/a games and games not in system get trashed even if they accept it for the tier boost.

There were some employees on reddit talking about it in July during the last tiered trade on whether to take them or not. My last post is a the key info from there.

Sidenote. Is it possible to use southwest gift cards for hotels?

#877 Argonauts  

Argonauts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

There were some employees on reddit talking about it in July during the last tiered trade on whether to take them or not. My last post is a the key info from there.
Sidenote. Is it possible to use southwest gift cards for hotels?

According to Southwest

A Southwest gift card is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines merchandise, Southwest Airlines group tickets, EarlyBird Check-In, oversized and excess baggage fees, upgraded boarding at the airport, Pet Fare, unaccompanied minor service charge, additional Southwest gift cards, or inflight purchases. Sales tax, security fees, and passenger facilities charges may be paid for with a Southwest gift card.

#878 Japakneez   You are big foo CAGiversary!   2397 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:36 AM

It would be shipped from gamestop.com if you ordered through website, contact customer support

Hmm, doesn't seem likely. I've taken a screenshot of the listing. Hopefully i don't waste my time tomorrow night.

https://m.gamestop.c...s-bundle/147016

Cayde-6 figurine Only at GameStop! :
Pre-order Destiny 2 at GameStop and get a Cayde-6 figurine*!
*While Supplies Last.

*Available at GameStop in the U.S. Also available at other participating retailers in other territories. Pick up at time of Purchase
Online/In-Store Pickup Customers: Figure will ship with game.

Store Customers: Figure will be available at time of pick-up.

Online Digital Customers: Please print your order confirmation page and bring it to your local store to receive your figure. To ensure product is available, it is best to call your local store ahead of time.

While supplies last. Quantities are extremely limited

#879 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6680 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:53 AM

Will the Destiny 2 PS4 Pros be hard to find this Wednesday? I have $500 in gift cards.

any reason you’re going after the white one other than it being rare? Having owned both a white and Black OG PS4, the white looks far inferior IMO.

But hey you do you. Some like white electronics.

#880 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:01 AM

Hmm, doesn't seem likely. I've taken a screenshot of the listing. Hopefully i don't waste my time tomorrow night.

https://m.gamestop.c...s-bundle/147016

"Online Digital Customers: Please print your order confirmation page and bring it to your local store to receive your figure. To ensure product is available, it is best to call your local store ahead of time."

Oh ok i didnt notice the whole digital part, so yeah looks like you will have stand in line. Better your chances and see which gamestop has more to pass out. 

#881 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:06 AM

any reason you’re going after the white one other than it being rare? Having owned both a white and Black OG PS4, the white looks far inferior IMO.

He wants a playstation pro. With the bundle you get deluxe version of destiny($100) for 450. Black one costs $400 plus you would have to buy the $100 destiny deluxe. You save $50-$55(after tax) for buying the white bundle

#882 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:08 AM

According to Southwest

A Southwest gift card is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines merchandise, Southwest Airlines group tickets, EarlyBird Check-In, oversized and excess baggage fees, upgraded boarding at the airport, Pet Fare, unaccompanied minor service charge, additional Southwest gift cards, or inflight purchases. Sales tax, security fees, and passenger facilities charges may be paid for with a Southwest gift card.

I read that. I was just wondering if anyone found a way around that. I'm trying to find a way to pay for hotels with trade credit.

#883 ZerotypeX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3876 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:08 AM

If you buy a PS4 Pro and Destiny 2 with Expansion pass its about $490, but the bundle pack saves you about ~$40

#884 nosferatu51  

nosferatu51

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:26 AM

Anyone know of a good way to transfer some credit from Best Buy to GS right now? I tried to do a portion by buying an eBay gift card at BB and using that to buy the $100 GS card for $90 promo that eBay was doing. Despite the physical eBay card saying "valid on all purchases on eBay.com that accepts PayPal" it is not valid on gift cards. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. I don't want eBay credit... I still have some BB credit that I want to use on the Destiny PS4 though and mine is currently half paid off at GS.

#885 dypaehc   ssA paehC daeH CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:28 AM

I got hit with a $4 refurb fee from a junior detective for trading in RBI Baseball 17. I explained CORPORATE POLICY and he said it was store policy, and some fucking bullshit about 'rising costs of making a replacement case in the store'. I was going to ask for the number to the district manager, but I was late for my movie, but I'll raise hell in the survey shit they want me to so badly fill out.

#886 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:29 AM

Anyone know of a good way to transfer some credit from Best Buy to GS right now? I tried to do a portion by buying an eBay gift card at BB and using that to buy the $100 GS card for $90 promo that eBay was doing. Despite the physical eBay card saying "valid on all purchases on eBay.com that accepts PayPal" it is not valid on gift cards. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. I don't want eBay credit... I still have some BB credit that I want to use on the Destiny PS4 though and mine is currently half paid off at GS.

How much credit are you trying to dump from bestbuy?

#887 nosferatu51  

nosferatu51

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:38 AM

About $100.

This whole experience has soured me a bit and reminded me why I never trade stuff anymore. I traded in my PS4 the day before they put up the additional $50 deal (because the price hadn't changed in forever) and now this whole thing with the eBay junk. I just want to get out of it already and be done tomorrow.

#888 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6598 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:40 AM

About $100.

This whole experience has soured me a bit and reminded me why I never trade stuff anymore. I traded in my PS4 the day before they put up the additional $50 deal (because the price hadn't changed in forever) and now this whole thing with the eBay junk. I just want to get out of it already and be done tomorrow.

I believe you can use that eBay credit to buy an item on eBay from Best Buy, return it in store, and get it on a BB gift card.

#889 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:42 AM

About $100.

do you have GCU at best buy?

if so it will be very easy

#890 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:44 AM

I got hit with a $4 refurb fee from a junior detective for trading in RBI Baseball 17. I explained CORPORATE POLICY and he said it was store policy, and some fucking bullshit about 'rising costs of making a replacement case in the store'. I was going to ask for the number to the district manager, but I was late for my movie, but I'll raise hell in the survey shit they want me to so badly fill out.

I feel you. One store in my area once tried that with me. I went to another store to do my trade but did do a negative survey against them because of it. I would always use that store to do my negative-COL stuff after that. That associate is no longer there and Saturday they took my Redbox games without an issue and the associate was super nice.

#891 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

About $100.

This whole experience has soured me a bit and reminded me why I never trade stuff anymore. I traded in my PS4 the day before they put up the additional $50 deal and now this whole thing with the eBay junk. I just want to get out of it already and be done tomorrow.

Ok now this would work out good if by a miracle trades dont dump tomorrow. Wolfenstein 2 pack at bestbuy is $23.99 after gcu. Buy one  ps4 .  Trade them at gamestop by them selves not as the 2 pack.(trades in for 13xx something a piece before the new trade promo) and trade in  the sony games are on sale at bestbuy Uncharted collection, last of us are $11.99 a piece and a few others in the sale(you will have to look). Trading in gamestop for $11.00 before the trade in bump. The current trade in offer at gamestop is trade in games towards something preowned  like a $1.99 ds game or something will give you 60% bump and you will keep the overage. If someone has easier trade ins go ahead chime in..

#892 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6598 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

Ok now this would work out good if by a miracle trades dont dump tomorrow. Wolfenstein 2 pack at bestbuy is $23.99 after gcu. Buy one for each ps4 and xb1.  Trade them at gamestop by them selves not as the 2 pack.(trades in for 13xx something a piece before the new trade promo) and trade in  the sony games are on sale at bestbuy Uncharted collection, last of us are $11.99 a piece and a few others in the sale(you will have to look). Trading in gamestop for $11.00 before the trade in bump. The current trade in offer at gamestop is trade in games towards something preowned  like a $1.99 ds game or something will give you 60% bump and you will keep the overage. If someone has easier trade ins go ahead chime in..

:xb1: verion of the Doom Pack is not a mover - it's significantly less than :ps4:

#893 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:52 AM

There were a ton of them over the weekend. I think Drive club VR, the Wolfenstein 2 pack (trading the games in separately with the case), and the exclusive PS4 games like Ratchet and Clank, The Last of Us, Uncharted collection, God of War 3 Remaster are all still valid today but 1) helps if you have GCU and 2) prices are probably done today and 3) trade values likely change tomorrow and 4) you need to do the 50% promo buying a cheap preowned game.

#894 shwelding  

shwelding

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:54 AM

I'm apologize if this is a silly question. I pre-ordered the D2-PS4 pro and the cashier told me it'll be ready for pick up tomorrow. But then when i got back home and look at the pre-order page it say release date is on Wednesday. Does anyone know when is the actual date i can pick it up? 

#895 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:55 AM

:xb1: verion of the Doom Pack is not a mover - it's significantly less than :ps4:

i assume you mean wolfenstein...yes i just looked 5 bux  a piece less right now..yikes i only trade in ps4 version figured it was same

#896 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

I'm apologize if this is a silly question. I pre-ordered the D2-PS4 pro and the cashier told me it'll be ready for pick up tomorrow. But then when i got back home and look at the pre-order page it say release date is on Wednesday. Does anyone know when is the actual date i can pick it up? 

You can pick it up tomorrow..they early midnight realease..west coast its 9pm, i think east coast is 11pm. Call your store tomorrow and they will tell you protocol 

#897 nosferatu51  

nosferatu51

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:57 AM

do you have GCU at best buy?

if so it will be very easy

Yes, I have GCU

#898 shwelding  

shwelding

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

You can pick it up tomorrow..they early midnight realease..west coast its 9pm, i think east coast is 11pm

Awesome. Thanks, mate!

#899 Ibacai  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

I think it depends on your store. Mine told me 11pm on Tuesday.

#900 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:05 AM

Just leave a negative survey and ask to be contacted. If they said the refurb was for no case then that is something I want fixed. Since they advertise that it doesn't matter if it has the case. Most DMs will take care of you they are really trying hard to have no negative surveys. The more prestige stores in their district the better they look.