* * - - - 7 votes

GameStop Ad 8/30-9/5

#901 nosferatu51  

nosferatu51

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:34 AM

There were a ton of them over the weekend. I think Drive club VR, the Wolfenstein 2 pack (trading the games in separately with the case), and the exclusive PS4 games like Ratchet and Clank, The Last of Us, Uncharted collection, God of War 3 Remaster are all still valid today but 1) helps if you have GCU and 2) prices are probably done today and 3) trade values likely change tomorrow and 4) you need to do the 50% promo buying a cheap preowned game.

Thanks, just did 2x Uncharted collection, Bllodborne, Ratchet and clank, and 2x the Wolfenstein PS4 Bundle for in store BB pickup tomorrow (since the process expire in a couple hours). I also then investigated trade prices at GS and "saved the trade values" as they are all listed as having been found today (9/5) with the offer expiring at close of 9/5 so I should be good. So if I put that towards a pre-owned $2 game or whatever that should boost those values by 60%? I don't see that coupon on the GS site at the moment though. I'm kind of tempted to boost some more value of that's true with a couple more BB purchases. There's a limit to the number of trades of the same game into GS I'm assuming.

#902 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:43 AM

Thanks, just did 2x Uncharted collection, Bllodborne, Ratchet and clank, and 2x the Wolfenstein PS4 Bundle for in store BB pickup tomorrow (since the process expire in a couple hours). I also then investigated trade prices at GS and "saved the trade values" as they are all listed as having been found today (9/5) with the offer expiring at close of 9/5 so I should be good. So if I put that towards a pre-owned $2 game or whatever that should boost those values by 60%? I don't see that coupon on the GS site at the moment though. I'm kind of tempted to boost some more value of that's true with a couple more BB purchases. There's a limit to the number of trades of the same game into GS I'm assuming.

remember you can only trade in one copy of each title at a time. the promo is live been confirmed a few times for trade boost. i suppose you could hit 2 different gamestops for second copies of games?

#903 esalw822  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:48 AM

Any values saved in the app will likely be worthless as it's an extreme YMMV getting stores to honor them, especially when stacking a trade promo.  So you'll likely be dealing with decreased values tomorrow.

#904 nosferatu51  

nosferatu51

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:32 AM

Any values saved in the app will likely be worthless as it's an extreme YMMV getting stores to honor them, especially when stacking a trade promo. So you'll likely be dealing with decreased values tomorrow.

Really? So even though their own app has the value and says bring in for this value by the end of the day on 9/5, they don't have to honor that price? What's the point of it then?

#905 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:46 AM

Thanks to whoever mention that coupon and the 50% bonus. Ended up with 3 1st party switch titles for $12 apiece after some light work & a pro remote. 

Also the coupon say it works on accessories but it don't. Had to get an override. 

#906 esalw822  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:48 AM

Really? So even though their own app has the value and says bring in for this value by the end of the day on 9/5, they don't have to honor that price? What's the point of it then?

If you figure it out, let us know.  We've been asking that same question for a long time now.  Best guess is it's just a way to get tech savvy people to save values so that they remember what they wanna trade in.  Occasionally you'll find a cool store or employee that will override the values for you.  Most don't know how and/or aren't willing to though.  

Especially if you're bringing in multiple games that would require an override and you're gonna ask them to add the bonus percentage as well.  I don't see that ending up in your favor.  Doesn't hurt to try, just don't want you to be upset when/if the saved values get rejected.

#907 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:49 AM

Yes, really. The site will say the next day prior to the values actually updating. I did get an employee to override 1-2 games for me one time months ago by having screenshots of the saved values, but I think I just got the right employee on the right day. Since that attempt, I've learned it's very unlikely.

On the bright side, if you bought any games that did not get a bump, it's quite possible the values for them will hold.

#908 omegapokegod  

omegapokegod

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:49 AM

The point is do it same day you do trades so you have something to actually back u up

#909 esalw822  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:58 AM

Yes, really. The site will say the next day prior to the values actually updating. I did get an employee to override 1-2 games for me one time months ago, but I think I just got the right employee on the right day.

On the bright side, if you bought any games that did not get a bump, it's quite possible the values for them will hold.

Looking at his list, most of them look like bump values unfortunately.

#910 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:02 AM

That's unfortunate. I wish he had not bought eBay gift cards with the intention of buying GameStop gift cards. Gift cards for gift cards has been dead since last summer, and eBay updated their terms of service accordingly to make that known.

He could always try to buy games on eBay for the next round of GS flips though.

#911 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:03 AM

Hopefully it just affects his profits and still able to get same value moved over

#912 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6690 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:16 AM

He wants a playstation pro. With the bundle you get deluxe version of destiny($100) for 450. Black one costs $400 plus you would have to buy the $100 destiny deluxe. You save $50-$55(after tax) for buying the white bundle

Ah it comes with the deluxe. That does make sense then.

#913 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6690 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:17 AM

Thanks to whoever mention that coupon and the 50% bonus. Ended up with 3 1st party switch titles for $12 apiece after some light work & a pro remote.

Also the coupon say it works on accessories but it don't. Had to get an override.

What 50% bonus coupon?

#914 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:47 AM

No prob and if you don't actually know where to text, you text a photo of your target receipt with the keyword D2XP to 893-32
TArget receipt gets you a sparrow and xp code, anywhere else's receipt is just XP. Also it can take hours for them to verify your receipt

Not sure if anybody mentioned it but wal mart gets you 2x +25% xp. So extra +25% xp boost instead of sparrow that target deal has.

https://www.kelloggs...tiny-2/faqs.pdf

#915 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:23 AM

Thanks guys. Gonna go to Target tomorrow.

If you are looking for a cheap game for the 50% boost, my gamestops have been putting cheap DS games in a bin by the register. Just pick one of those and accept the ~$1 loss.

You can also pick up Metal Gear for XB1, $16 but trades to Best Buy for $17.50-19.50GCU, make employees less suspect buying a "real game", end up with $20 at BB for every big trade you do.

#916 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5369 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

Im late to the party but has anyone had success getting $275 for their OG PS4?

#917 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

Im late to the party but has anyone had success getting $275 for their OG PS4?

No. The two different promos don't stack. You only get $225. 

Also, unrelated but trade values for most games have dipped to below pre-bump prices. 

#918 Ibacai  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

No. The two different promos don't stack. You only get $225.

Also, unrelated but trade values for most games have dipped to below pre-bump prices.

Yeah, a few are being weird and staying high like Horizon but most have dropped significantly.

#919 nosferatu51  

nosferatu51

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

Everything but drive club vr dropped in value by nearly half. Will make it difficult to just break even on most of them even with the coupon. Nothing seems to be going my way for anything on this whole process... I'm really just annoyed at this point.
Thank you guys for trying to help though

#920 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

Everything but drive club vr dropped in value by nearly half. Will make it difficult to just break even on most of them even with the coupon. Nothing seems to be going my way for anything on this whole process... I'm really just annoyed at this point.
Thank you guys for trying to help though

Just keep in mind for next time to plan ahead a little bit and it'll turn out much better. Sorry to hear you're struggling so much this go round. 

#921 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

so is it true that you can get flagged for trading in more than 4 copies in a certain amount of time?

because I have a great opportunity to do just that

#922 dav2sil  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

so is it true that you can get flagged for trading in more than 4 copies in a certain amount of time?

because I have a great opportunity to do just that

You dont just get flagged. You get banned. 5 of the same game= ban

#923 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

You dont just get flagged. You get banned. 5 of the same game= ban

are you sure it's 5?

#924 dav2sil  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

are you sure it's 5?

If you don't believe me try it, let us know how it goes.

#925 DrBayrd  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

Thanks guys. Gonna go to Target tomorrow.

If you are looking for a cheap game for the 50% boost, my gamestops have been putting cheap DS games in a bin by the register. Just pick one of those and accept the ~$1 loss.

Don't accept any loss; utter nonsense. Trade it back later with another game with $5 TIV and use the magic card!
https://i.imgur.com/RD1pEEk.jpg

#926 Capearican   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Capearican

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

I usually do not go crazy flipping games but this stack promo was too good to pass up. I am out of town at my in-laws and there are some great local games stores in Northern Ohio area so with picking up some games from the Family Dollar sale, a garage sale, and a few local stores I turned 90 dollars to 205 in credit not bad. Saving my credit toward a future console purchase. 

#927 dualrec  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

finally gave in and traded my launch ps4 towards the destiny pro bundle.. still waiting on my points to show.  Guess their system was off for the holiday too.  They usually pop up same day.

#928 Ibacai  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

finally gave in and traded my launch ps4 towards the destiny pro bundle.. still waiting on my points to show. Guess their system was off for the holiday too. They usually pop up same day.

Those points won't show up until you pick up the console. Since it's a reservation for the bundle and not an actual sale just yet.

At least, that's what I've found to be true with all my pre-orders.

#929 semmelweis  

semmelweis

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

Can you use the buy 2 get 1 coupon with the 50% trade in bump when buying used game?

#930 dualrec  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

Those points won't show up until you pick up the console. Since it's a reservation for the bundle and not an actual sale just yet.

At least, that's what I've found to be true with all my pre-orders.

I just meant the trade in points,but maybe they're tied together now