* * - - - 7 votes

GameStop Ad 8/30-9/5

#961 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13592 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

No worries man headed back to NJ tomorrow. Going to have to make it a point when I visit the in-laws to hit up a couple spots I found in Sandusky.

BB hate to see you go man and thanks for all your contributions to this thred and site for that matter.

Meh, Sandusky is far enough West to not be my lawn lol!

#962 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17724 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

Post about being nice to each-other, 2 posts later, delete hostile post from user. 

Come on, guy!

#963 Shuganator   Banned Banned   39 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Shuganator

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

Post about being nice to each-other, 2 posts later, delete hostile post from user. 

Come on, guy!

Why did you delete my post?

#964 bn222  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

Everything but drive club vr dropped in value by nearly half. Will make it difficult to just break even on most of them even with the coupon. Nothing seems to be going my way for anything on this whole process... I'm really just annoyed at this point.
Thank you guys for trying to help though

Can you just return them to Best Buy or not pick them up? If you don't pick them up the order automatically cancels after a week or so.

#965 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

That deserves a time out Cheapy. For shug that is. What a rude and senseless post. You just banned trade sheets and he advertises creating a new one lol.

#966 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Why did you delete my post?

Because 1: you were a jerk after he just said to cool it. 2: lack reading comprehension. Just be easy man, the fights over why you cursing a helpful and valued member out?

#967 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Not to mention the blatant disrespect to the forum owner asking us to be a little more civil, from shug

#968 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6213 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

I have hope for you guys.

#969 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

Meh, Sandusky is far enough West to not be my lawn lol!

It's practically in the lake anyway.  Just let Canada have him.  :)

#970 Shuganator   Banned Banned   39 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Shuganator

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

Because 1: you were a jerk after he just said to cool it. 2: lack reading comprehension. Just be easy man, the fights over why you cursing a helpful and valued member out?

I'm calling out a "helpful" and "valued" member out because its bullshit the way he struts his "elite status" around like he owns the place just because he has access to trade sheets. If you're not here to help out old and new members then GTFO!

#971 charlie3000k   Banned Banned   340 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

charlie3000k

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:36 PM

Are you retarded? If you read Cheapy's post then you will know that he banned PRIVATE trade sheets that are ADVERTISED on a public forum. I am ADVERTISING a PUBLIC trade sheet that will be PUBLICLY available to all members or nonmembers of CAG because knowledge should be fucking shared you prick

This guy shuganator is ruining my experience on CAG. Constantly posts hateful messages and circumvents the profanity filter. IMG_0485.PNG

#972 Shuganator   Banned Banned   39 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Shuganator

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

This guy shuganator is ruining my experience on CAG. Constantly posts hateful messages and circumvents the profanity filter.   IMG_0485.PNG

The fact that you are on YouTube with Shuganator in the search bar is absolutely hilarious. You made my day man that shit is funny as Fuck!

#973 ritchardf  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

If these are an example of what's going to be posted from now on, I'll happily gtfo, all these attacks and name calling is pointless and getting old.

#974 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17724 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

This guy shuganator is ruining my experience on CAG. Constantly posts hateful messages and circumvents the profanity filter.

same.

#975 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

I am working on an FAQ for the next edition of the forum because it really helps people out. Any ideas on what should be included?

#976 Mega_Douche   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Mega_Douche

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

Anyone have any luck getting more than one code per phone number on the Gamestop text "in" for the B2G1 coupon?

#977 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

The fact that you are on YouTube with Shuganator in the search bar is absolutely hilarious. You made my day man that shit is funny as Fuck!

Not that you can read this now but that was a subtle poke at your "spideeman" videos. Anyway thanks Cheapy, I don't appreciate being called a prick when I'm actually just hoping things deescalated. I encourage everyone to be more thoughtful, and if you want access to things just know they exist. It's like Channukkah, it's always in your heart.

#978 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10235 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

Did some of the wording on one or more of the trade-in promos change recently?  I see these two:

PowerUp Reward Pro Members Get $50 Extra Credit when you trade any PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch

Spoiler

PowerUp Rewards Pro Members Get $50 Extra Credit when you trade your XB1, PS4, or Nintendo Switch System

Spoiler

I'm guessing one of these was previously the "Get an extra $50 for your PS4 system when trading towards a new PS4 system" but they changed the wording on it so that people wouldn't try to have GS override to stack both promos.  Like I was going to. :)

#979 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2790 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

So anyone else having issues with the app? I looks like it signs me in but automatically signs me out at the sime time.

#980 EmpoleonRules  

EmpoleonRules

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

So anyone else having issues with the app? I looks like it signs me in but automatically signs me out at the sime time.

It's working fine for me at the moment.

#981 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

Cheapy delivers faster than a Dominos driver on meth.

Separately :

Liquid Metal, I'm having the same issue.  It's not just you.

#982 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:33 PM

Ok so perfectly good for new members joining cheapassgamer  that only interested in this one thread that don't bother reading through the thread, begging for handouts crying unfair and then get sad and report when people aren't welcoming then with open arms? That's cool they can report members on here that are active part of cheapassgamer as a community. Kinda odd when it's their blatant negligence that causes the issues 90% of the time. All i see is lots of help for the most part if you read through the thread. Reminds of ebay i as a seller have hundreds of good selling reviews then you get the person with zero rating that buys an item claiming its broken and sends back item thats different then what i sold em and ebay sides with them no matter what lol

#983 chessnerd  

chessnerd

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:37 PM

any reason you’re going after the white one other than it being rare? Having owned both a white and Black OG PS4, the white looks far inferior IMO.

But hey you do you. Some like white electronics.

White looks better IMO, the type of plastic material they use makes the black look bleh. It'll look good alongside my white X1S. Plus I sold the game for $85. 

Ebay had a $90 for $100 GameStop gift card the other day. Got 5 of those.

$450 - $50 - $85 = $315 for a limited PS4 Pro, not bad.

#984 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:42 PM

This is really basic but covers the most asked questions. The old FAQ had a lot of good information but some of it had almost to much information.

FAQ

How do I find trade values?

Go onto the Gamestop website and search their trade index.

Why does the Trade value say NA or it’s not in their search system?

That game is not worth anything. Some stores may take it because it is still worth a small amount (.25 cents) but usually they do not.

These trade-in values suck!

Find some better games or use a trade in deal to your advantage. Deals can be had on $4.00 trade in games with a percent boost.

I want to post my awesome trade find!

Don’t post values from Gamestop’s website. I think this used to be the norm but was abused by guests. Please use spoiler tags for sensitive information.

What is a trade bump?

Gamestop will usually do a trade bump on certain games you just have to watch for it. This almost always gets mentioned in the forum so just wait for it.

If I save my values on the Gamestop app will they honor them the next day?

No they won’t because their POS system rings in whatever the new value currently. Don’t try arguing with the employees because sometimes they know less than you.

Can I trade-in sealed games?

No they only take open games. Please don’t buy new games and then open the game right in front of any employee. It’s lazy and it looks really bad.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?

They don’t have to have the original material but the original case make life way easier and faster. They just have to scan the barcode unless it is a Walmart game. They have their own barcodes

Do Buy 2 get 1 free coupons work on multiple sets?

They used to but they changed the code. The new code is PUR PRO and only works on one set.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?

You will be hit with a refurb fee or they won’t take it at all. Refurb fees are depend on the value of the item. Trading in games in excellent condition creates a nice rapport with employees and sometimes they won’t even look at your games anymore.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?

Yes you can but only 4 per rolling thirty days. If it is a multi-system game you can trade in 4 for each console.

Can I trade in two of the same game at the same time?

I wouldn’t because it makes you look suspicious and you could get banned for it. Based on the store you could possibly do it. If you are trading in like 50 games it might also get overlooked.

What is the trade limit?

You can trade in about $2000 worth of credit and $500 dollars cash in a rolling thirty days. These aren’t Hard limits so you might not get banned if you go a little over these amounts.

What happens if I get banned?

you wont be able to trade for 3 months. Based on multiple bans and the offense you could get banned forever.

Can I use my points if I am banned?

From what I understand you can still use your rewards points.

If they have a good promo should I get trade in a lot and get banned?

I would play the long game so you can trade very month.

What do I do with all this credit?

Buy games and have fun.   

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?

Most the time you need a controller, Hdmi input, and the power cord. This goes for most systems.

Should I erase/reset everything on the system?

This can be a catch 22 because it takes forever for them to test the machine. They should erase them after trade in but I don’t know if they do that. I would erase all pertinent information.

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?

Yes but it will be hit with a refurb fee unless they don’t catch what the problem is.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?

It costs $14.99 a month but soon they will have an elite program with better deals.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?

Sometimes but not very often. One example is using the $5 dollar trade in card provided by some Gamestop employees.

I don’t like my Gamestops employees?

If they do something rude or you know is incorrect. Write it on the survey and usually someone will contact you. Otherwise I try to be civil. No one likes dealing with someone crazy at their job. Please try and have respect. Things work out way better when you have a good rapport with employees just don’t spill the beans about good trades or glitches.

My significant other thinks I am drug dealer?

Just explain to here that this is a hobby and that it is not illegal.

#985 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Ok so perfectly good for new members joining cheapassgamer  that only interested in this one thread that don't bother reading through the thread, begging for handouts crying unfair and then get sad and report when people aren't welcoming then with open arms? That's cool they can report members on here that are active part of cheapassgamer as a community. Kinda odd when it's their blatant negligence that causes the issues 90% of the time. All i see is lots of help for the most part if you read through the thread. Reminds of ebay i as a seller have hundreds of good selling reviews then you get the person with zero rating that buys an item claiming its broken and sends back item thats different then what i sold em and ebay sides with them no matter what lol

I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay and man do I hate that system. I have only been burned twice but almost always lose. Sometimes they are to lazy to counter claim or never actually send the item back. When I know that item was immaculate they usually wont fight it.

#986 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:54 PM

My significant other thinks I am drug dealer?

Just explain to here that this is a hobby and that it is not illegal.

My mom pleaded me to stop because it looks like money laundering and I might get in trouble lmao.

#987 nosferatu51  

nosferatu51

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

Can you just return them to Best Buy or not pick them up? If you don't pick them up the order automatically cancels after a week or so.

Yeah, I just cancelled the order. That was always my back-up plan. Just didn't like it, that's all.

#988 voldo   Banned Banned   42 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:17 PM

My mom pleaded me to stop because it looks like money laundering and I might get in trouble lmao.

I've been labeled a thief doing white collar crimes.

#989 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:01 AM

I am working on an FAQ for the next edition of the forum because it really helps people out. Any ideas on what should be included?

Trade limits.  what stacks and what doesn't.  How 20/40/60 has worked in the past.  Maybe how to calculate bonuses?  Maybe not could be too confusing.

Also when trading an XBox One you need to log in with your account so they can test it.  GS doesn't have a guest account they can use (at least not at two of the stores I went to here in NY).

#990 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:08 AM

Trade limits.  what stacks and what doesn't.  How 20/40/60 has worked in the past.  Maybe how to calculate bonuses?  Maybe not could be too confusing.

They don't always run that promo but calculating the percentage would be useful because most people don't calculate tiv percentages off base value