* * - - - 7 votes

GameStop Ad 8/30-9/5

#991 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:47 AM

I just got my receipt for my pro bundle with the preorder dlc codes.

Too bad I don't care about the game, I'll be trading it in toward a sweet transformers DS game for my son in 2 hours and 13 minutes.

#992 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:04 AM

Too bad I don't care about the game, I'll be trading it in toward a sweet transformers DS game for my son in 2 hours and 13 minutes.

Hah nice. You might know already but worth saying: Same GS store might not accept the trade-in and they won't take sealed copies.

#993 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:06 AM

This is the store that held a snes classic for me. They'll let me open it and trade right away.

Hah nice. You might know already but worth saying: Same GS store might not accept the trade-in and they won't take sealed copies.

#994 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:08 AM

Can I trade-in sealed games?

No they only take open games. Please don’t buy new games and then open the game right in front of any employee. It’s lazy and it looks really bad.

on this bit I would add that it makes you look like you stole the games. this is a common problem at gamestop in general, so best to not be lumped in with thieves. 

#995 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:20 AM

on this bit I would add that it makes you look like you stole the games. this is a common problem at gamestop in general, so best to not be lumped in with thieves.

The FAQ should be like a wiki that can be edited by all members as long as it is prevalent.

#996 Adhiman   Banned Banned   318 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Adhiman

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:41 AM

Tips

Thank you! I knew most of these but it's helpful to have it all in one place. 

#997 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:49 AM

I am working on an FAQ for the next edition of the forum because it really helps people out. Any ideas on what should be included?

This may not be an FAQ per say but may be helpful in overall management of the thread. Apparently, for some odd reason, it seems unneeded in other threads.

Some notes on what is expected of users. A list of behavior or social expectations.

1. Read the Faq
2. Read the thread.
3. Learn how to search
A. The thread
B. The forum (s)
C. The web
D. Pricing sites for retailers.

And that doing this earns respect in the community because it keeps you from looking lazy and ignorant - qualities that generally hold no value.

Maybe a section about what earns respect. And what is helpful/useful information to be included in a post. And or what is not.

Also a link to the General Cag rules and regs.

#998 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:14 AM

The hard part about posting useful information is it eventually gathers unwanted attention. People used to post good trade in buys but that eventually created all the infighting. If you search the other forums you can find good buys all over the place. The Xbox one s tech trade started me on this path. Maybe we should mention how addicting trading is.

I think things will eventually die down and we can start posting more deals. That or everyone will eventually graduate to the other forum. Several others sound like they have been pretty successful so I hope more people get involved.
People

#999 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:17 AM

When you buy a bundle like that and its through them. No issues i've bought bundles and done the same in the past.

Dude its the deluxe bundle and with the pre order codes. You can sell that easily for $100 on offerup or craiglist. I swear won't take longer then a day

#1000 TheAlphaNerd  

TheAlphaNerd

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

Is the 50%/60% bump also given when trading in accessories?

I've read through several pages, and I still can't find the answer. Thanks.

#1001 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:26 AM

Is the 50%/60% bump also given when trading in accessories?

I've read through several pages, and I still can't find the answer. Thanks.

apparently not, one other member posted that it didn't and employee had to manually adjust. Most employees won't do it

#1002 TheAlphaNerd  

TheAlphaNerd

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:27 AM

apparently not, one other member posted that it didn't and employee had to manually adjust. Most employees won't do it

I must have missed it. Thanks for the answer, though, I appreciate it. 

#1003 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

This may not be an FAQ per say but may be helpful in overall management of the thread. Apparently, for some odd reason, it seems unneeded in other threads.

Some notes on what is expected of users. A list of behavior or social expectations.

1. Read the Faq
2. Read the thread.
3. Learn how to search
A. The thread
B. The forum (s)
C. The web
D. Pricing sites for retailers.

And that doing this earns respect in the community because it keeps you from looking lazy and ignorant - qualities that generally hold no value.

Maybe a section about what earns respect. And what is helpful/useful information to be included in a post. And or what is not.

Also a link to the General Cag rules and regs.

I think it's unneeded in other threads, because nearly every other thread is all about deals for people to buy games to play (Ha! Yeah, right!) or - more likely - games for their personal collection or backlog. More than other threads, people look at Gamestop trading as a way to make money. That's why it attracts more rude and lazy people - because they are trying to make a quick buck. There's something about the prospect of making money that makes people act crazy.

#1004 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:33 AM

Dude its the deluxe bundle and with the pre order codes. You can sell that easily for $100 on offerup or craiglist. I swear won't take longer then a day

I appreciate the tip, but I'm comfortable getting $45 for the game and selling all of the dlc on eBay for another $50-60 without having to deal with letgo/craigslist

#1005 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:20 AM

The hard part about posting useful information is it eventually gathers unwanted attention. People used to post good trade in buys but that eventually created all the infighting. If you search the other forums you can find good buys all over the place. 

the difference being here you can post "you can buy game at store for X and sell it to same store for X+20$"

the truth is.....we dont want gamestop corporate to catch onto that. theyre here. they read this shit. this isnt some kind of meager "cheap games here" deal. this is "free money from gamestop" and they DO want that to stop if they can make it stop while still appealing to normal customers.

these arent deals. in all honestly we kind of know its a loophole. to use more serious language, boomerang setups resemble legal fraud. anyone whose done it in-store knows it feels like that.

the deals should be yelled from the rooftops. the exploits an individual does with those deals should be kept hush-hush. its good for us, because less people out there will ruin it for us. its good for gamestop, because then only a select few will be pulling cash right out of their bottom line. and honestly as much as we shouldnt judge, flippageddon showed that even with all these exploits out in the open noobs were just buying the same 2 games from best buy with cash anyways. 

#1006 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:32 AM

discouraging prices/bundles with the trade in value for the same game in the same post should be fine

#1007 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:53 AM

Destiny 2 only trades for $28.70. I was expecting a full $30 before any bonuses.

#1008 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

Destiny 2 only trades for $28.70. I was expecting a full $30 before any bonuses.

word got out that it's campaign is only 4 hours long lol

#1009 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

It's gotta be bad when TIV tanks 5 minutes after pre-release

#1010 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:16 AM

It's gotta be bad when TIV tanks 5 minutes after pre-release

It's base is $27. That's standard for $60 triple A releases for release and about the first month. Then they start playing with it according to inventory levels.

#1011 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:21 AM

New gamestop promotion confirmed 50% or 60% with pro trade towards any used item 9-4 to 9-17

Can we move on?

2/4/6 is dead
50% (60% PUR) bonus w/ Preowned is live

just wanted to be another confirmation that the 50%/60%PUR trade with a pre-owned game works in-store. just did some trades

It's all stores with a preowned purchase.  The values have never mattered before so I doubt they do now.

I can confirm that it works.

Don't judge me, I bought the cheapest game I could find. :D

George, Watch out for that tree!attachicon.gifIMG_1924.PNG

Thanks to each of you for posting in regard to getting a 50% bonus when making a pre-owned purchase in the same transaction. I was able to trade in a small stack of games using the promo before the bump ended. I wouldn't have known about the existence of the deal or how to get it, without your posts. Much appreciated. :)

#1012 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:36 AM

I always

Would it help to make a rule that any "buy X game and trade for Y" info should be put into a spoiler tag at the very least?

I don't few that as a loophole because GameStop sells game and makes money and store you bought it from makes money. Well
Most the time unless they have a huge percentage bump.

#1013 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:49 AM

Well 9pm midnight release worked out good. There was like 100 people plus there. I finalized my order at 6pm handed out pre order figurine. Went back about 8:30 line of like 50 people, they grabbed the people with the collector's edition (250 one) and the people who ordered console first dibs. They handed me the console at 9:01 as i was first inline  and gave me another figurine..Spent the last 35 mins looking for a usb to stick to install the new hard drive cant find one FML