* * * * * 2 votes

Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

#1531 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 24 September 2019 - 09:15 PM

If you are grinding the heck out of whatever before Shadowkeep drops, make sure to plan for no gaming after Monday's reset.

#1532 Pirate331   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1127 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:03 AM

I'm down for any of the raids - finished Leviathan and EoW in full, most of SoS, and LW. Haven't touched SotP or CoS at all. Slick Steve87 on xbl.

#1533 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

Bungie has release an infopic with clarification as to what is available for free when New Light launches:

#1534 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:13 PM

I'm down for any of the raids - finished Leviathan and EoW in full, most of SoS, and LW. Haven't touched SotP or CoS at all. Slick Steve87 on xbl.

I added you as a friend over the weekend, but my free time turned to dust.  This weekend should have much more availability...

#1535 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:08 AM

This week's TWAB is a pretty meaty one, so make sure to take everything in.

Don't forget that there is a scheduled maintenance period that is expected to last from reset on Monday to reset on Tuesday (when the new content goes live), so if you need to do anything in game (like delete Eververse items) make sure to get it all done before you power down on Sunday as you likely won't get another chance after that before the new season starts.

Also, does everyone have their Cross-save information set up and their PC migration information (if necessary) set up?  If not I recommend doing that soon.

Cross save setup

Battle.net to Steam migration setup

This all being said, is anyone looking to play the game on PC?  I have a maybe strong enough gaming PC to play on the lower settings (with a controller of course), but I will still main Xbox One.  I also have Forsaken for PS4, but I bought that before I realized that I would need PS+ in order to play some/all of the content on PS4.   :shock:  :bomb:

#1536 io   ... Super Moderators   24751 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:27 AM

Still playing almost daily.  I really don't know what it is about this game, but there you go...

#1537 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7793 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:36 AM

Anybody going to be on Friday or Saturday night would love to do 100,000 Nightfall and Dungeon to get those 952 drops.

#1538 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1856 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:50 PM

I should be, but I haven't really looked at the Dungeon just yet, so might need to hit the books or be instructed.

Also wouldn't mind getting to the ninth branch in the Forest, if anyone wants to give that a shot. Best I have done is six or seven with randoms (had a really good team one run, then the Servitor boss glitched off the map).

#1539 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:14 PM

Anybody going to be on Friday or Saturday night would love to do 100,000 Nightfall and Dungeon to get those 952 drops.

Me and a few buddies had a wild hair last night and attempted the 980 Ordeal (Pyramidion) in order to get whatever ship you get, but even being mid-960's we still struggled mightily with the initial encounter.  The addition of Attrition combined with how hard they were hitting was just too much, so we backed it down to the 950 version and didn't have any wipes and at a comfortable pace we were able to get 104K out of it.  I certainly wouldn't mind doing that again.

As far as Match Game is concerned, the only two shield elements you need to worry about are Void (Minotaurs) and Arc (Harpies) so you don't need to focus on Solar at all.

I should be, but I haven't really looked at the Dungeon just yet, so might need to hit the books or be instructed.

Also wouldn't mind getting to the ninth branch in the Forest, if anyone wants to give that a shot. Best I have done is six or seven with randoms (had a really good team one run, then the Servitor boss glitched off the map).

Dungeon  -  If we can sync up sometime this weekend I can take you through it.  If you haven't done the pre-steps for the Xenophage quest and are interested in the gun, here is a good video to get to the steps that are required in the Dungeon:

Spoiler

Even with the extra steps for the Xenophage quest, I only had one (probably BS) death in last night's run, so I am hungry to do it again.  Fully Masterworked, Pinnacle level gear doesn't hurt either. ;)

Haunted Forest  -  Somehow we were able to get to the 10th branch last night, so 9th branch is definitely doable.  Just make sure to have good add-clear capability and good burst damage and the boss will go down very quickly.  This was our crew:

• Top tree Solar Titan with Peregrine Greaves and Monte Carlo (these seem to be glued to his hands and feet now).  If the boss is a Wizard it will most likely go down from the initial knee hit.
  • Middle tree Arc Warlock with Geomag Stabilizers
  • Top tree Solar Hunter for add clear (I use a beefy Grenade Launcher with double reserves for Boss damage because Heavy Ammo is pretty plentiful).

#1540 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1856 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:29 PM

Dungeon  -  If we can sync up sometime this weekend I can take you through it.  If you haven't done the pre-steps for the Xenophage quest and are interested in the gun, here is a good video to get to the steps that are required in the Dungeon:

Spoiler

Even with the extra steps for the Xenophage quest, I only had one (probably BS) death in last night's run, so I am hungry to do it again.  Fully Masterworked, Pinnacle level gear doesn't hurt either. ;)

I half-watched someone's guide to that quest and said "that sounds complicated" and haven't gone back yet. Heh.

Haunted Forest  -  Somehow we were able to get to the 10th branch last night, so 9th branch is definitely doable.  Just make sure to have good add-clear capability and good burst damage and the boss will go down very quickly.  This was our crew:

• Top tree Solar Titan with Peregrine Greaves and Monte Carlo (these seem to be glued to his hands and feet now).  If the boss is a Wizard it will most likely go down from the initial knee hit.

Interesting. I've been rolling with the Actium War Rig with either Sweet Business or Monte Carlo and a machine gun (lots of heavy bricks). I'm spraying bullets all over the place. I'll try the Greaves.

#1541 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:14 PM

I half-watched someone's guide to that quest and said "that sounds complicated" and haven't gone back yet. Heh.

Interesting. I've been rolling with the Actium War Rig with either Sweet Business or Monte Carlo and a machine gun (lots of heavy bricks). I'm spraying bullets all over the place. I'll try the Greaves.

Monte Carlo + Peregrine Greaves is a match made in heaven (Monte Carlo randomly gives you back your melee attack on kill). Also, I wouldn't recommend Machine Guns for boss damage but they are fantastic at add control.

#1542 io   ... Super Moderators   24751 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:12 AM

I'm in for 3 runs of the dungeon too Chuck.  Getting that masterworked gear is awesome.  I'd also like to run Ordeal as I haven't done it even once yet.  I should be on tonight and tomorrow night.  But the dungeon is definitely top priority because of the masterworked stuff.  (I just want to do Ordeal at least once to get rid of the quest for it).

I was able to get 2 different characters through branch 9 with total randoms last night.  But it is definitely hit or miss.  People seem to be better at it now than last week or the week before when branch 5 or 6 seemed to be the max. In nearly every run I made it to 8 at least.  One time we had it with a minute to spare (after branch 8) but wiped on the boss because I don't think the other randos knew it would end.  I was busy casting my Chaos Reach and then bum rushing the boss with my shotgun and almost got him down but didn't notice the other 2 died.  To what I'm not sure.  They should have been clearing adds and being careful OR going full bore with the supers at the boss.  Apparently they did neither.  When I realized they were dead I hightailed out of the bosses range but my health was already too low to survive (plus all the adds were still there).  Thus the problem of not being able to communicate even when you can get to the last boss.   But the 2 runs where I did it, we melted it fast and had no problem.

One way to see how its probably going to go for your group is to see how fast you melt the first few bosses.  If they aren't going down in seconds, you probably aren't making it to branch 9.

Last week I was in a run where me and 2 randos beat the branch 8 boss (servitor that time) with 2 seconds to spare (thanks partially to me standing in front of it's face with my full auto shotgun).  That was pretty exciting.

I also noticed that rocket launchers seem to be far superior for the forest bosses than a machine gun.  And as you said with the mask perks you get lots of heavy bricks.

#1543 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:05 PM

Anyone still out there playing the game?  You've got one week to finish all the things you want to do in this season.  I've been working like hell on the Undying title and I was hoping to take a little break, and then Bungie goes and releases this video about the new season:

#1544 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2708 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:12 PM

Anyone still out there playing the game? You've got one week to finish all the things you want to do in this season. I've been working like hell on the Undying title and I was hoping to take a little break, and then Bungie goes and releases this video about the new season:

https://www.youtube....h?v=iVZ-G88rOYg

I really want to get back in but damn if this hasn't turned into a job just like WoW.

Anyways, can you summarize what single player content this adds?

Also what did Shadowkeep add? I might pull the trigger tonight.

#1545 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:29 PM

I really want to get back in but damn if this hasn't turned into a job just like WoW.

Anyways, can you summarize what single player content this adds?

Also what did Shadowkeep add? I might pull the trigger tonight.

There will be a reveal tomorrow at 10AM PT with more information as to what's in the new season.
http://twitch.tv/bungie
http://mixer.com/bungie
http://youtube.com/bungie
Shadowkeep added:
  • a few new strikes (two plus the previously PS exclusive one)
  • a new Dungeon which can be soloed (maybe)
  • a new Escalation Protocol-like event on the Moon (with some neat guns as rewards)
  • a new type of Nightfall called the Ordeal with new mechanics in it (and match-making for the lower difficulties)
  • a new story campaign
  • maybe some other things
If I were you, I wouldn't get Shadowkeep just yet.  Or if you do, don't log in to the game until the new season starts.  If you launch SK before the new season, you'll burn the Season Pass (or one of the Season Passes if you get the Deluxe) for just the week that is left in this season.  It may not work like this, but I haven't seen anything on it one way or the other, so I would play it safe (unless you want access to this season's activities and loot).

#1546 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2708 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

There will be a reveal tomorrow at 2PM PT with more information as to what's in the new season.

http://mixer.com/bungie
http://youtube.com/bungie

Shadowkeep added:
  • a few new strikes (two plus the previously PS exclusive one)
  • a new Dungeon which can be soloed (maybe)
  • a new Escalation Protocol-like event on the Moon (with some neat guns as rewards)
  • a new type of Nightfall called the Ordeal with new mechanics in it (and match-making for the lower difficulties)
  • a new story campaign
  • maybe some other things
If I were you, I wouldn't get Shadowkeep just yet. Or if you do, don't log in to the game until the new season starts. If you launch SK before the new season, you'll burn the Season Pass (or one of the Season Passes if you get the Deluxe) for just the week that is left in this season. It may not work like this, but I haven't seen anything on it one way or the other, so I would play it safe (unless you want access to this season's activities and loot).
Ah ok. Man you're always so helpful with this stuff thank you very much. Legit appreciate it.

#1547 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:39 PM

Also, here is more detail about the new season.

https://www.bungie.n...ns/SeasonOfDawn

Scroll down a bit and you can see what is offered as Season Rank Rewards.  It looks like we're getting a new headbutt finisher that will drive the internet wild. :)

#1548 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1856 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:05 AM

Anyone still out there playing the game?  You've got one week to finish all the things you want to do in this season.

I still play regularly. But I feel way behind the curve this season. I finished the 100 levels, so there is that, but there is a lot of content I haven't even touched.

Doesn't help that I think Xbox LFG is broken for me. So if I want to do something needing a Fireteam when my friend's list is empty, I have to stick with the Destiny app or hope it's something with randoms.

Which means my pinnacle progress is already slow, and Iron Banner last week gave me 3 pinnacle helms at the same light level, so that was a lovely.

#Whinewhinegrumblegrumblestillplayinganyway

#1549 io   ... Super Moderators   24751 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:19 AM

Yeah I did Iron Banner last week to grab 3 pinnacle pieces for each character (screw that 4th bounty that takes 3x longer than the others).  But even though I played nearly every day this season I am way behind on some of the Vex Protocol stuff and other things that it just seems a chore to try to get all the triumphs done.  I'm 50-50 on getting the next season pass at this point.

The fact that I've only done a raid and a half since the base Destiny 2 (where I only completed the initial raid twice) is a let down for me.  In the original Destiny I was completing multiple raid runs most every week.

Chuck - what is the plan for power level in the next season pass?  Is the cap being expanded again and will base stuff drop at a higher level?  If that's the case I think I might be out because I felt like most of the work this season was in getting pinnacle drops and if those are now obsolete it feels like it was a waste of time.

#1550 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:08 AM

I still play regularly. But I feel way behind the curve this season. I finished the 100 levels, so there is that, but there is a lot of content I haven't even touched.

Doesn't help that I think Xbox LFG is broken for me. So if I want to do something needing a Fireteam when my friend's list is empty, I have to stick with the Destiny app or hope it's something with randoms.

Which means my pinnacle progress is already slow, and Iron Banner last week gave me 3 pinnacle helms at the same light level, so that was a lovely.

#Whinewhinegrumblegrumblestillplayinganyway

What happens when you try to use the Xbox One LFG?  I've had some pretty good success with it, but I have issues when I put up my own post sometimes.

Yeah I did Iron Banner last week to grab 3 pinnacle pieces for each character (screw that 4th bounty that takes 3x longer than the others).  But even though I played nearly every day this season I am way behind on some of the Vex Protocol stuff and other things that it just seems a chore to try to get all the triumphs done.  I'm 50-50 on getting the next season pass at this point.

The fact that I've only done a raid and a half since the base Destiny 2 (where I only completed the initial raid twice) is a let down for me.  In the original Destiny I was completing multiple raid runs most every week.

Chuck - what is the plan for power level in the next season pass?  Is the cap being expanded again and will base stuff drop at a higher level?  If that's the case I think I might be out because I felt like most of the work this season was in getting pinnacle drops and if those are now obsolete it feels like it was a waste of time.

I haven't seen anything on what the next season's Power cap will be.  I can see reasons for keeping it the same and also increasing it, but when I see what they'll do I'll post it.

FYI - Here is a list of things that are going away at the end of the season (courtesy of Reddit):

Spoiler

And the following Season 8 Triumphs will no longer be available to earn:

Spoiler

#1551 io   ... Super Moderators   24751 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:55 AM

Hmmmm... I think I still have some of the shader things not completed.  Maybe I'll finish those at least.

#1552 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1856 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:42 PM

What happens when you try to use the Xbox One LFG?  I've had some pretty good success with it, but I have issues when I put up my own post sometimes.

If I apply to someone's group, I get a success message but am not connected. Since LFG thinks it was successful, all of the identifying information vanishes, so unless I remember the gamertag (I don't), I have no way to follow up.

I'll probably try it again at some point with screenshots/pen & paper to follow up, but there are already very few "looking for a medium skill player who has never done this thing I need help with", and then hope that random is willing to help me troubleshoot. :)

I have the shader quests to finish as well, but I am also at 4/5 resets for Redrix's Broadsword this season, so I kinda also want to focus on that. Guess I could do it again next season...

#1553 io   ... Super Moderators   24751 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:12 PM

I have the shader quests to finish as well, but I am also at 4/5 resets for Redrix's Broadsword this season, so I kinda also want to focus on that. Guess I could do it again next season...

Resets of what?  Valor?  I think I did that and I've never heard of this sword.  I got the triumph for doing a bunch of resets in one season just recently though.

As for LFG, I simply have no interest in trying to play with randoms.  I did that a lot in Destiny 1, but only when I was totally familiar with a raid and just wanted to rush through it.  Had enough bad experiences to put me off it forever.   I'd think it would be misery to do it when you are the only one not knowing what is going on.

We really should try to get more CAG groups together.

#1554 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7793 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:15 PM

Resets of what? Valor? I think I did that and I've never heard of this sword. I got the triumph for doing a bunch of resets anyway.

As for LFG, I simply have no interest in trying to play with randoms. I did that a lot in Destiny 1, but only when I was totally familiar with a raid and just wanted to rush through it. Had enough bad experiences to put me off it forever. I'd think it would be misery to do it when you are the only one not knowing what is going on.

We really should try to get more CAG groups together.

It’s not a sword it’s a pulse rifle

#1555 io   ... Super Moderators   24751 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:20 PM

It’s not a sword it’s a pulse rifle

Even better (prefer pulse rifle to sword) - but had still never heard of it ;).  Is it a quest I can pick up and hopefully auto-complete since I did the resets?

I've been very slowly working on the throwing knife scout rifle thing.  I can't believe now that I saw someone using that in like the first or second week it was out.  The grind for that is insane, like the ones for the grenade launchers.  I mean, I play this game a lot, and I'm nowhere close on any of those things.  The medal requirement for the scout must be enormous.  Finally, with all the IB I played this season, I'm up to like 65%.  But then I still have to get the Glory points and also more scout rifle kills.  It would be nice but I have a hard time justifying grinding for it.

#1556 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:23 PM

Even better (prefer pulse rifle to sword) - but had still never heard of it ;).  Is it a quest I can pick up and hopefully auto-complete since I did the resets?

The quest has been around for a long time so you probably already have it.  There are a LOT of steps to it:

https://www.forbes.c...n/#6793037758f2

#1557 io   ... Super Moderators   24751 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:59 PM

The quest has been around for a long time so you probably already have it.  There are a LOT of steps to it:

https://www.forbes.c...n/#6793037758f2

Is this one of those quests that progresses separately on each character?  I know I got through step 1 on one of them but not the others.  So yeah even though I reset my Valor 5 times I'm nowhere near that step... Probably on step 3 on the character where I did the initial pulse rifle kills.  Screw that ;).  At least this is not one of those weapons I'm always getting killed by (unlike that damn Recluse which seems to come of nowhere and melt me before I even see who is shooting me).

#1558 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:08 AM

Is this one of those quests that progresses separately on each character? I know I got through step 1 on one of them but not the others. So yeah even though I reset my Valor 5 times I'm nowhere near that step... Probably on step 3 on the character where I did the initial pulse rifle kills. Screw that ;). At least this is not one of those weapons I'm always getting killed by (unlike that damn Recluse which seems to come of nowhere and melt me before I even see who is shooting me).

You rarely see it in action because it got hit pretty hard in the latest round of nerfs, unfortunately. It does look pretty badass with Atmospheric Glow on it though!

#1559 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:44 AM

According to today's TWAB, the Power Cap is being raised to 960/970 from 950/960.

#1560 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10736 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:48 AM

And here is a high-level roadmap for next seasons' content release:

Destiny_SoD_Calendar_EN.jpg