* * * * * 2 votes

Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

#1591 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:35 AM

Last week, I resolved to get the catalyst for Whisper of the Worm (and also the ship).  I've enjoyed playing this content and have had a chance to take some New Light Guardians through The Anomaly to get the gun and then take them back through Heroic to get the catalyst started and if they are competent enough at jumping to show them all the chests and the Oracles.

Oh man, I'd like to do this too.  But also, I'd like to get Outbreak Perfected!

#1592 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7948 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:52 AM

Oh man, I'd like to do this too. But also, I'd like to get Outbreak Perfected!

I have both weapons but need to do both heroic versions not really so worried about the whisper mission as the outbreak since thats my favorite gun.

#1593 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:45 AM

I have both weapons but need to do both heroic versions not really so worried about the whisper mission as the outbreak since thats my favorite gun.

I've looked at ways to solve the puzzle in Heroic Zero Hour, but I cannot wrap my head around that. I have the catalyst completed already (five weeks of completions without solving the puzzle), but I wouldn't mind getting that ugly ass ship. Plus that jump puzzle is my nemesis.

Conversely, I've got the Oracle chests in Heroic Anomaly down pat. I almost have the Oracle puzzle memorized.

Oh man, I'd like to do this too.  But also, I'd like to get Outbreak Perfected!

I'd be down to try to do this stuff with you, we just need to coordinate our schedules.  I've seen you on a few times this week but I haven't had the stamina to stay up too late.

I've had many weapons I've used heavily over the past few years and Outbreak Perfected is one of them (when I'm not having to use a gun that takes Champion mods).  It doesn't hit very hard, but the damage from the nanites adds up and it helps me be top damage to the Primeval in Gambit Prime (as do swords).

#1594 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:25 AM

Anyone playing Beyond Light?  I had no intention of doing this, but I snagged a Series X from Target so now I kind of want to play again to make use of it.  I also see that it is in Game Pass so I'm considering signing up for that to see how it goes.  I don't know if I'll keep Game Pass though - wouldn't have made sense for me so far with how few games I played the last couple years.  But then I'd be without Destiny in a few months.  But based on how I play this game (in intense bursts) that might be OK.

Edit: I had no Fuck-ing idea that you could load up on Xbox Live gold and then convert to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 and keep all those years.  I saw all the conversion charts (that I guess only apply if you use a gold code after upgrading) and thought it was a terrible ratio.  It took some research, but it looked like this still works and indeed it does.  Damn.  Got a 24 month card from Costco for $95 and set myself up now for 2 1/2 years of Game Pass Ultimate.  I kind of wish I got another $40 6-month card and topped it off but I wasn't convinced I wouldn't get the lame conversion ratio instead of the one-to-one.  Wow... Well no need to worry about buying Beyond Light any more (I guess unless they pull it from Game Pass).  This shit needs to be pinned at the top of CAG though!

Imma start downloading it now and will be on tonight if anyone wants to play.  And yay I will no longer be the last one landing at the tower due to my Series X/SSD ;).

#1595 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 November 2020 - 05:22 AM

Anyone playing Beyond Light?  I had no intention of doing this, but I snagged a Series X from Target so now I kind of want to play again to make use of it.  I also see that it is in Game Pass so I'm considering signing up for that to see how it goes.  I don't know if I'll keep Game Pass though - wouldn't have made sense for me so far with how few games I played the last couple years.  But then I'd be without Destiny in a few months.  But based on how I play this game (in intense bursts) that might be OK.

Edit: I had no Fuck-ing idea that you could load up on Xbox Live gold and then convert to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 and keep all those years.  I saw all the conversion charts (that I guess only apply if you use a gold code after upgrading) and thought it was a terrible ratio.  It took some research, but it looked like this still works and indeed it does.  Damn.  Got a 24 month card from Costco for $95 and set myself up now for 2 1/2 years of Game Pass Ultimate.  I kind of wish I got another $40 6-month card and topped it off but I wasn't convinced I wouldn't get the lame conversion ratio instead of the one-to-one.  Wow... Well no need to worry about buying Beyond Light any more (I guess unless they pull it from Game Pass).  This shit needs to be pinned at the top of CAG though!

Imma start downloading it now and will be on tonight if anyone wants to play.  And yay I will no longer be the last one landing at the tower due to my Series X/SSD ;).

• I'm still playing it, but I think you would probably be more surprised if I weren't playing it. :)  Also, I've had a pretty big resurgence of XBL friends that have come back to the game so we should have little trouble forming a raid team if necessary
  • Congrats on the Series X!  I've resigned myself to just wait until they are more widely available because I keep missing them.
  • Microsoft has a huge win on their hands with GP / GPU, and the fact that you can convert XBLG time + GP time (and now EA Access time because as of yesterday it is included) into GPU time is pretty fantastic.
  • HOWEVER, if you want to participate in the Seasonal activities and get the paid track of Season Pass rewards, you'll still need to spend $10 on a Season Pass.  Don't forget that if you have Silver you should be able to buy a Season Pass (for 1000 Silver).
  • Beyond Light introduces a lot of changes to the game, including a bunch of content leaving for an unknown amount of time.  I don't know if it's a side effect of that change, but travel times between locations are sometimes much faster (Xbox One X + USB SSD both before and after Beyond Light, so no changes on my side).

I've lately been posting any major news about the game in the XBL Deals thread, as this thread is usually pretty barren.  I can certainly start posting more in here again if there's someone to read what I write. :)

P.S. - In December (12/8), Bungie will gives us Series S/X and PS5 optimizations to further enrich the experience:

nfyoFQ0.png

#1596 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2020 - 05:51 AM

Yeah I saw that the next gen upgrade was coming a bit later.  So I'll get to play some prior and then see what the difference is.  I have a really old 4K TV that only supposedly does 4K on a single HDMI input which is now used for my Roku Ultra.  I guess I'll have to plug the Series X into that and maybe later get a new TV.  Unfortunately after dropping $475 on the Series X I can't upgrade that TV for a bit.

Are you saying I need the $10 Season pass even for *this* season?  I figured that was for like the next one after this one.  I used whatever silver I had for one of the previous seasons.  I guess I can shell out the $10 for this if I plan to spend any time in it.

Another question:  I never did the activities to unlock the glows for that last armor set. Can I still do those?  Also can I still get Outbreak Perfected?

#1597 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 November 2020 - 06:20 AM

Yeah I saw that the next gen upgrade was coming a bit later.  So I'll get to play some prior and then see what the difference is.  I have a really old 4K TV that only supposedly does 4K on a single HDMI input which is now used for my Roku Ultra.  I guess I'll have to plug the Series X into that and maybe later get a new TV.  Unfortunately after dropping $475 on the Series X I can't upgrade that TV for a bit.

Are you saying I need the $10 Season pass even for *this* season?  I figured that was for like the next one after this one.  I used whatever silver I had for one of the previous seasons.  I guess I can shell out the $10 for this if I plan to spend any time in it.

Another question:  I never did the activities to unlock the glows for that last armor set. Can I still do those?  Also can I still get Outbreak Perfected?

Yep,, I'm pretty sure.  GPU only gives you access to the expansion and its content and NOT the seasonal content.  I don't know what activities are tied to the season beyond Hunts, and you'd only have access to the top track of rewards as you progress through season ranks.  To play it safe though, go ahead and start the game without buying a Season Pass and see what it gives you access to.

Are you talking about the Solstice armor?  If you're on the step to unlock the glows, you can absolutely still complete those.

You can still get Outbreak Perfected, but not through the previous means.  Bungie shut down the Zero Hour and the Whisper secret missions.  However, they added an exotic vendor kiosk to the Tower (where the middle Vault access point was).  They are expensive, but not as bad as any of the exotics from any of the vaulted raids.  Unfortunately though, I don't think you have access to obtain or progress the catalyst for either Whisper of the Worm or Outbreak Perfected.

Speaking of new kiosks, there is a new kiosk tucked to the left of the Postmaster that has the new New Light experience (and a new Chaperone quest, even though I already completed it).  I'm going to give that a go to see how it is.

#1598 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2020 - 06:39 AM

Are you talking about the Solstice armor?  If you're on the step to unlock the glows, you can absolutely still complete those.

You can still get Outbreak Perfected, but not through the previous means.  Bungie shut down the Zero Hour and the Whisper secret missions.  However, they added an exotic vendor kiosk to the Tower (where the middle Vault access point was).  They are expensive, but not as bad as any of the exotics from any of the vaulted raids.  Unfortunately though, I don't think you have access to obtain or progress the catalyst for either Whisper of the Worm or Outbreak Perfected.

I have Whisper but not Outbreak.  I mean, if there's one thing I have its lots of materials so hopefully I have plenty to cover it.  Wouldn't mind getting vaulted raid exotics too.  It's such a shame I never even saw some of those raids though.

#1599 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:36 PM

And oh yeah I bought the season pass.  $8.99 with Game Pass.  Got into the story stuff a bit but was kind of under powered for some of it.

Also, I don't see Outbreak in the exotic kiosk - looks like only the raid stuff to me (that is new - everything else has a "check" meaning I assume that I already have it).  Speaking of which, what is the best one to get if I just want to get one of them?  I didn't have any of the raid stuff.

Edit: Oh yeah. and I know you said load times improved anyway, but is it like this?  I get almost instantaneous loading into the Tower or any location.  Seriously I get just a few seconds of the ship animation.  It is really funny because I used to spend that time looking at my phone or messing around with my inventory.  It was actually jarring NOT to have the time I expected before I popped into a location!

#1600 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:01 AM

And oh yeah I bought the season pass. $8.99 with Game Pass. Got into the story stuff a bit but was kind of under powered for some of it.

Also, I don't see Outbreak in the exotic kiosk - looks like only the raid stuff to me (that is new - everything else has a "check" meaning I assume that I already have it). Speaking of which, what is the best one to get if I just want to get one of them? I didn't have any of the raid stuff.

Edit: Oh yeah. and I know you said load times improved anyway, but is it like this? I get almost instantaneous loading into the Tower or any location. Seriously I get just a few seconds of the ship animation. It is really funny because I used to spend that time looking at my phone or messing around with my inventory. It was actually jarring NOT to have the time I expected before I popped into a location!

I just double checked and unfortunately Outbreak Perfected isn't in there (and neither is Whisper of the Worm). I'm not sure why they made all the exotics with sunset quests available except for those two.

And yes, it be that fast. Sometimes I wonder, "Did I black out for a few minutes?"

#1601 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:04 AM

I just double checked and unfortunately Outbreak Perfected isn't in there (and neither is Whisper of the Worm). I'm not sure why they made all the exotics with sunset quests available except for those two.

And yes, it be that fast. Sometimes I wonder, "Did I black out for a few minutes?"

Any thoughts on the "best" raid exotic to pick up with that initial exotic cypher?  Assuming i can get enough glimmer ;).

#1602 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7948 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:14 AM

Any thoughts on the "best" raid exotic to pick up with that initial exotic cypher? Assuming i can get enough glimmer ;).

Anarchy

#1603 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:19 AM

Any thoughts on the "best" raid exotic to pick up with that initial exotic cypher?  Assuming i can get enough glimmer ;).

What AJ said!  Anarchy is really good at passive damage because you hit your target with two shots and then switch to another high damage dealing weapon for ~10 seconds and then swap back to Anarchy and hit your target with two more.  This is really great for when you're solo-ing harder content (like this season's Heroic or whatever Lost Sectors).

If that doesn't tickle your pickle, let me know your thoughts and what you're looking for out of a new exotic weapon.

Don't forget that the raid-specific weapons require a new consumable called Spoils of Conquest.  Those only come from raids.  Which I want to do a lot.

#1604 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:23 AM

Don't forget that the raid-specific weapons require a new consumable called Spoils of Conquest.  Those only come from raids.  Which I want to do a lot.

I did not see that.  I thought it was just an exotic cypher, a ton of glimmer, and a chunk of planetary materials.  Well, maybe some day ;).

#1605 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7948 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:18 AM

Im ready to go whenever you guys want to join up. I try to be on whenever I can but it’s been limited. I’m actually going to move my Xbox One X to my basement to game down there so I’m not overtaking the living room as much.

#1606 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 08 December 2020 - 08:48 PM

Today was a pretty big day in D2:

• The next gen enhancements went live today.  If you haven't already downloaded the patch, do it now and walk away for a few hours.  Next gen improvements here.
  • Patch 3.0.1 was dropped today that fixed a bunch of little things.  Patch notes here.
  • A surprise Dev update message was made available today, detailing several things for the near future of Destiny 2.  Dev update here.  TL;DR - Odibee you'll be able to get your Outbreak Perfected from the kiosk "soon."
  • Several new items were made available for viewing, including lots of Dawning stuff.  Spoilers here.

#1607 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:21 PM

I guess my Xbox downloaded the patch when I wasn't paying attention - which is remarkable given how large it was and how slow my Internet is.

When I started playing last night I was going to try to figure out how I would know if I had the next-gen update.  But I could tell immediately when I was in the Tower.  Now, while my TV is technically 4K it is one of the very first ones and according to the Series X it doesn't have most of the features.  It does 4K (in one HDMI input only) but not 120KHz and no HDR or any of the other stuff.

However, it was instantly noticeable.  The problem I had is that I was getting pretty bad eye strain and even a bit of motion sickness from it!  I think it's simply that I was very very used to the way Destiny 2 looked and played and while it is now better, my mind just isn't used to it. So I'm hoping that improves, because objectively it definitely looks better.

I'm so lost on how all the different systems work.  I just went ahead with my Hawkmoon quest and did a little Iron Banner.  I am way behind the power curve though and only seem to increase really slowly.  The frustrating thing with me for this game the last year or so has been that when I put in the time to hit the soft cap and even exceed it a little, then, bam, a new season comes out and all that work is null and void and the cap raises again.  It used to be that I would put in the work to get there and beyond and it would stay valid for a bit and would pay off in being able to do challenging raids and Nightfalls.  But I don't do any of those any more so I'm not sure why I'm grinding out power levels other than out of force of habit ;).

Also, they supposedly brought back some sort of dungeon (Prophesy I think)?  I was like WTF - I had never heard of that before!

#1608 MEXI23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:31 PM

Is there anyway other than the PSN store to buy Shadowkeep? I think it’s stupid when you buy the new DLC that it doesn’t come with previous DLC. Like when I want to run a Nightfall but can’t because I don’t have Shadowkeep.

#1609 MEXI23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:32 PM

Is there anyway other than the PSN store to buy Shadowkeep? I think it’s stupid when you buy the new DLC that it doesn’t come with previous DLC. Like when I want to run a Nightfall but can’t because I don’t have Shadowkeep.

#1610 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 10 December 2020 - 12:08 AM

Unfortunately, like most games of this type, each expansion is sold separately.

That being said, all three expansions are free on Game Pass for Xbox consoles if you happen to have any of those.

#1611 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 10 December 2020 - 08:58 PM

The trailer for the Dawning is up.  Next week we get to see creepy space grandma!

Here is more detail about the event --> https://www.bungie.n...ents/TheDawning

The event will last three weeks, and hopefully in that time I can get a good fusion rifle from it. :)

#1612 Tuffstuff07  

Tuffstuff07

Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:12 PM

Is anyone currently still playing on Xbox or pc?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#1613 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 December 2020 - 05:12 AM

Is anyone currently still playing on Xbox or pc?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm on pretty much daily on Xbox, but my schedule typically only allows me to get on later at night.

#1614 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2020 - 03:53 AM

I'm on pretty much daily on Xbox, but my schedule typically only allows me to get on later at night.

And I've been on a couple days a week.  Having just signed up for Game Pass Ultimate I've been playing lots of other games too.  But if anyone sees me on and wants to run a raid or Nightfall or something, just send me a message.

#1615 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 02 February 2021 - 03:42 PM

#1616 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 14 February 2021 - 12:44 AM

PSA - If you're looking for an Outbreak Perfected, you should check the kiosk!

#1617 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:54 AM

PSA - If you're looking for an Outbreak Perfected, you should check the kiosk!

Nice!  If/when I play again, I'll check it out.  I've been sucked into Tales of Vesperia now. I bought the steelbook LE way back when (like over 10 years ago) and never got around to it.  Well, now it's on Game Pass, so...

#1618 Sielanas  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:11 PM

Now that I have a Series X I'm tempted to jump in. Kept putting it off for better hardware and it turned out to be console.

#1619 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:25 AM

Now that I have a Series X I'm tempted to jump in. Kept putting it off for better hardware and it turned out to be console.

Now that the console version has 60hz / 120hz and a FOV slider, the experience on current gen console hardware should be almost as good as the experience on a decent (but not great) computer.  Go for it!

#1620 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2021 - 03:29 AM

Now that the console version has 60hz / 120hz and a FOV slider, the experience on current gen console hardware should be almost as good as the experience on a decent (but not great) computer.  Go for it!

I jumped back in the other day and I'm as confused as ever.  I still had Beyond Light campaign items on my Warlock to do and I ended up getting a completely different exotic that I didn't even knew existed from it.  When I did my Titan I got some grenade launcher that I had to do the catalyst for.  I just assumed that was what Beyond Light gave us.  Now on my Warlock its a pulse rifle.  I guess its something different for a Hunter then?

And that's not even touching the new season activities.  I bought the pass for last season and I don't think I even did the seasonal-specific stuff.  I know I forgot to redeem all the packages I paid for.  D'oh!  My biggest complaint with this seasonal model is that they are way too short.

I also just realized I am way behind the power curve.  I had just started to break 1250 in the last season and now I see people at 1310!?  And I'm just barely, slowly, creeping up.  It would take weeks of grinding out weekly packages just to hit 1300 - and then it will jump again with the next season.  I saw that they are going to fix this later in the year by putting you just 10 below the cap when you start a new season.  That's nice but it isn't helping me now!