* * * * * 2 votes

Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

#1711 io   ... Super Moderators   25091 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2022 - 11:47 PM

Hey, welcome to Year 5 of Destiny 2!  I just started the campaign on my Warlock last night and have yet to start on my Titan.  I'll keep an eye out for you when I play late.  If I see you crouching instead of running, I'll know why.

If you don't get credit for the 4000 points, you can reach out to support and talk to them about it.

Got to a part of the campaign where you activate invisible platforms and have to jump all over them with a short timer that runs out and then they disappear.  Almost uninstalled the game and asked for my money back.  I hate that shit.  And then later I see those are all over Savathun's world (but I need to rank up to access them).  Grrrr.... Why do they keep adding stuff like that to this game!?  The first place you see that I was able to get through one part and then on the second part I just couldn't tell where to go - did it like 10 times and each time I died, instead of starting me back at that same part, it would put me back to the one before so I'd have to repeat that too.  It was so frustrating.  I'm guessing the raid and upcoming dungeons will be full of this stuff too.

I'm also not thrilled with Glaives so far.  Slow shooting things that barely do any damage at range or melee?  Sign me up!  But maybe since I'm on Legendary and just starting out it's because the enemies are overpowered.  I'll give it all another chance tonight.  I didn't want to get too far along before reset anyway.

#1712 io   ... Super Moderators   25091 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2022 - 11:04 PM

Wow, spoke too soon about getting through the campaign with no problem.  Hit a mission last night that is some of the hardest campaign content I can remember.  I think some of the D1 higher level stuff could be pretty hard too. (I am playing on Legendary).

It was the dark room with the immune fire ball swinging Knight who had tons of Scorn to protect him and you had to do 3 rounds of crystal breaking while whittling him down in between rounds.  I died like 30 times before I got someone (Random) to help me.  Still took like 6-8 more tries.  Its so dark I'd get stuck on corners and smashed by the Knight.

I actually had to go play Elden Ring to decompress from that intense hour-long+ battle.  While bosses are tough in Elden Ring they are never that intense.  In high-end Destiny content you gotta be on your toes the entire fight.  Even in Elden Ring boss fights you usually get small breaks.

#1713 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 March 2022 - 12:46 AM

Wow, spoke too soon about getting through the campaign with no problem.  Hit a mission last night that is some of the hardest campaign content I can remember.  I think some of the D1 higher level stuff could be pretty hard too. (I am playing on Legendary).

It was the dark room with the immune fire ball swinging Knight who had tons of Scorn to protect him and you had to do 3 rounds of crystal breaking while whittling him down in between rounds.  I died like 30 times before I got someone (Random) to help me.  Still took like 6-8 more tries.  Its so dark I'd get stuck on corners and smashed by the Knight.

I actually had to go play Elden Ring to decompress from that intense hour-long+ battle.  While bosses are tough in Elden Ring they are never that intense.  In high-end Destiny content you gotta be on your toes the entire fight.  Even in Elden Ring boss fights you usually get small breaks.

They definitely made Legendary campaign not a walk in the park in some spots.

Random should have mentioned to you that

Spoiler

#1714 io   ... Super Moderators   25091 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2022 - 04:13 AM

Spoiler

I figured out they light stuff up, but didn't realize they stunned the Scorn.  Still, though, it seems like where they hang out there wasn't as many of the blobs.  I'm sure my G-Horn shots were setting those off all the time though.

#1715 Crazyglitcher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1423 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Crazyglitcher

Posted 19 March 2022 - 08:39 PM

Spoiler

I’m sure you’ve mentioned that to me during our runs together, but TBH I completely forgot that was a thing because I almost always have a blinding GL in one of my special weapon slots.

Got to a part of the campaign where you activate invisible platforms and have to jump all over them with a short timer that runs out and then they disappear. Almost uninstalled the game and asked for my money back. I hate that shit. And then later I see those are all over Savathun's world (but I need to rank up to access them). Grrrr.... Why do they keep adding stuff like that to this game!? The first place you see that I was able to get through one part and then on the second part I just couldn't tell where to go - did it like 10 times and each time I died, instead of starting me back at that same part, it would put me back to the one before so I'd have to repeat that too. It was so frustrating. I'm guessing the raid and upcoming dungeons will be full of this stuff too.

I'm also not thrilled with Glaives so far. Slow shooting things that barely do any damage at range or melee? Sign me up! But maybe since I'm on Legendary and just starting out it's because the enemies are overpowered. I'll give it all another chance tonight. I didn't want to get too far along before reset anyway.

Glaives get better once you level up and unlock artifact mods/perks for them. The hidden platform stuff also gets a little easier, but there’s one particular section of puzzles that can be frustrating if you don’t know where the solutions are, because the timer for deep sight is frustratingly low.

#1716 io   ... Super Moderators   25091 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2022 - 07:06 AM

This is an interesting read:

https://www.polygon....donnell-history

Like a lot of people, I just thought Paul McCartney contributed that one song.  But apparently he contributed a lot of the themes used in the music of the original Destiny.

#1717 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 April 2022 - 03:33 AM

This is pretty neat:

https://www.bungie.n...tail/News/51241

https://www.reddit.c...bungie_4142022/

Starting next season (17), Bungie will make some change to Raids and Dungeons.  This means:

• Seasonal Rotation:  The latest Dungeon and Raid will offer Pinnacle drops for every encounter (really the only change is that the Dungeon will have Pinnacle drops for every encounter instead of just the final encounter).
  • Weekly Rotation:  The rotating Raid/Dungeon, which will change weekly, will offer a Pinnacle drop from the final encounter.
  • Infinite farmability:  All Raids/Dungeons will now be farmable, as in you will get Legendary drops from each encounter as many times as you run them.  (I've been looking for a reason to go back to Pit of Heresy and also maybe Shattered Throne).

Also, it sounds like Team Mech won the poll to become the next Festival of the Lost EV armor set.  Someday, Team Monster, someday...

#1718 io   ... Super Moderators   25091 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2022 - 06:23 AM

Interesting.

I got into the Perseverance mission last night.  It sucks that apparently they changed the puzzle or it is bugged (which I read on some site) because I couldn't get it done solo.  Not sure if there's a time limit now or what.  But it flat out didn't work.

#1719 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 April 2022 - 04:35 PM

Interesting.

I got into the Perseverance mission last night.  It sucks that apparently they changed the puzzle or it is bugged (which I read on some site) because I couldn't get it done solo.  Not sure if there's a time limit now or what.  But it flat out didn't work.

I'm not sure what they changed exactly, but I think the timing of it is very strict now.  It will probably take two or three people in a Fireteam, depending on the (random) layout of the puzzle.  I'd be glad to work with you on that, if you can sneak my Titan into the mission. :)

#1720 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 21 April 2022 - 08:53 PM

A pretty beefy TWAB on weapons changes coming next season dropped today:

https://www.bungie.n...tail/News/51250

https://www.reddit.c...bungie_4212022/

#1721 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 26 April 2022 - 03:35 AM

FYI, a new round of Twitch Prime rewards for Destiny 2 is available:

https://gaming.amazo...m/loot/destiny2

#1722 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 02 May 2022 - 09:40 PM

The recent TWAB went into the details of Guardian Games, which starts with the next reset:

https://www.bungie.n...tail/News/51274

https://www.reddit.c...bungie_4282022/

There doesn't appear to be a page or video with details about the event, so we can probably expect those tomorrow.  Also, the TWAB mentions a lot about Season 17, mostly about the new weapons coming next season.

Here is a sneak peak of this year's GG armor sets:

Spoiler

#1723 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 03 May 2022 - 07:39 PM

Here's the in-depth info page for GG:

https://www.bungie.n...tail/News/51298

And here is the trailer:

#1724 io   ... Super Moderators   25091 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2022 - 10:19 PM

I jumped back in last night, and also upgraded to the deluxe edition.  I was so thoroughly confused by all the guardian games stuff ;).

Also, isn't there supposed to be a seasonal activity?  I don't seem to have it.

#1725 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 04 May 2022 - 10:34 PM

I jumped back in last night, and also upgraded to the deluxe edition.  I was so thoroughly confused by all the guardian games stuff ;).

Also, isn't there supposed to be a seasonal activity?  I don't seem to have it.

The GG activity seems to be more complicated this year than in previous years (going off my horrible memory), but I dig the armor and the SMG.

FYI - drops of the SMG seem to be bugged somehow (as in it isn't dropping at all for most/all), so make sure to hold on to the one you get from the quest if you are interested in using it.  EDIT - This may be fixed now.

By season activity, are you referring to the activity for Season of the Risen?  If so, you need to progress a little bit into the Seasonal quest before you can join the match-made activity.

PSA - The armor focusing in the H.E.L.M. for this season's armor is VERY SPICY.  The rolls tend to be in the low-to-mid-60's, but I have received a few pieces of gear with 68 total stats.  Make sure to wear the appropriate Armor ghost mod to focus your stats.

#1726 io   ... Super Moderators   25091 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2022 - 06:12 AM

By season activity, are you referring to the activity for Season of the Risen?  If so, you need to progress a little bit into the Seasonal quest before you can join the match-made activity.

They don't make it easy - I don't even know what the seasonal quest is.  All I seem to have are specific weapons I have to craft but I don't have the blueprints for them so I've been stuck on that for a while.

#1727 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:22 PM

They don't make it easy - I don't even know what the seasonal quest is.  All I seem to have are specific weapons I have to craft but I don't have the blueprints for them so I've been stuck on that for a while.

One of the upgrades at the Seasonal "vendor" in the HELM allows you to craft one weapon a week that is guaranteed to come with Deepsight (and a second perk in one of the two slots randomly).  That helped me a lot.

#1728 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 May 2022 - 08:19 PM

I forgot to summarize last week's TWAB:

https://www.bungie.n...tail/News/51361

https://www.reddit.c...bungie_5122022/

Highlights include:

• Rework of Iron Banner rewards.
  • Iron Banner Rift is back, with tweaks, neat!
  • Iron Banner title, neat!
  • Cosplay Cosmodrome, where Bungie approached nine cosplayers to create their own versions of Savathun.  The results will be posted on July 7.

Not a whole lot to go over from last week, but this week's TWAB has some meat to it:

https://www.bungie.n...tail/News/51371

https://www.reddit.c...bungie_5192022/

Including:

• NO MENTION OF NEXT SEASON'S CONTENT OR ARC 3.0 / SOLAR 3.0.  I'm pretty sure we can expect more info the morning of the launch.
  • 100 extra Vault slots.  WOOO
  • New Trials armor and cosmetics.  Yup the armor will be mine, hopefully.
  • Changes to Solstice and seasonal events in general.  More info to come.
  • List of rewards from the new Dungeon launching next Friday.  GIVE.  ME.  GIMME.  I do hope that they relax the Master requirements a little because I wasn't able to seriously tackle the Master Dungeon this season until last week, and even then it was painful.  I regret not farming more on my Warlock and Titan last season...
  • Mention of The Gauntlet, Bungie's latest donation initiative.  Details here.

This is the last week of this season.  Make sure to claim everything you had previously unlocked but didn't claim from Season of the Lost from here before it becomes inaccessible.  Is anyone still trying to wrap things up before the season ends?  I still have quite a bit of Gambit in front of me...

#1729 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 27 May 2022 - 04:26 PM

Welcome to a new season!  Here is the launch trailer for Season of the Haunted, in case you haven't seen it yet:

I've had a chance to look around and I'm liking what I'm seeing.  The season pass and Eververse armor ornaments, the fire themed ship/sparrow, the reprised weapons, and the new weapons all look great!  Has anyone had a chance to play around with Solar 3.0 yet?

#1730 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 27 May 2022 - 04:28 PM

Also, here is the trailer for the new Dungeon that launches today:

Anyone planning on diving in today?

#1731 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 29 June 2022 - 09:08 PM

I swear, there is something that pops up every single time I try to go flawless in this new dungeon.  Last night's attempts were thwarted by:

• Killing two Incendiors with a single sword swipe and both their tanks blowing up on me.
  • Hours of my internet going up and down that started right as we were about to start the last damage phase.

Also, a new Twitch Prime bundle is available:

https://gaming.amazo...m/loot/destiny2