* * * * * 2 votes

Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

#241 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:02 PM

My wife scored a vinyl ghost! It's pretty cool and a neat little knick knack for $12. Hopefully these weren't a one-n-done release and more come in the next few days/weeks.

Also, when I saw this Japanese dance-fight trailer, I knew Destiny hype was in full effect!!

https://youtu.be/vII1AGyantY

I just picked up mine. I like how in the back of the box it says "this is not a toy."f15a83176d723f9731fad1a0cd0351eb.jpg

#242 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

Called in sick today and have played way too much already haha. Already level 20, power level 209 and will likely play even more tonight! Lots of things better this time around but still a few odd choices here and there. Overall I am very pleased so far with what they have given us!

Don't forget to join the clan and Xbox group!
https://www.bungie.n...groupid=2158254

Can you equip shaders and remove them later or once they are equipped they are locked and can't be put on anything else afterwards?

Also, I have one of each class from before. If I delete one to make a 2nd hunter for farming purposes now, could I later reimport my Warlock or Titan to that spot again or once you delete the they are gone?

#243 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:19 PM

Called in sick today and have played way too much already haha. Already level 20, power level 209 and will likely play even more tonight! Lots of things better this time around but still a few odd choices here and there. Overall I am very pleased so far with what they have given us!

Don't forget to join the clan and Xbox group!
https://www.bungie.n...groupid=2158254

Damn.  I played about all I could take last night and only got to level 9.

I have a question.  When do you get the preorder bonus stuff?  I did the Xbox store code for the LE and also the kill-tracker Ghost from Gamestop and both redeemed just fine and downloaded.  But I see no sign of them in the game.  There was supposed to be some sort of weapon too, right?  I has a strange dance emote that may have been from the LE in my collection (the "taking aim" one).  But other than that I haven't seen anything that I'm supposed to get.

And yet I did get an oddball exotic armor for no apparent reason from some early quest.  But maybe everyone gets that.  I picked some weird spiky arms for my Titan.  So odd to get an exotic well before any legendaries.

And FYI still have not gotten anything from the Poptart receipt.  But it seems to be that way for everyone since the weekend.

It is hard to join up with people this early on when everyone is at a different stage in the story.  But if anyone is interested in playing coop on an alternate character (and thus starting from the beginning) I wouldn't mind running through stuff again (and hopefully, faster) in a fireteam any time this week.  Just has to be after 10pm Pacific.  I'm playing downstairs now so even more than before I cannot start till everyone goes to bed.

#244 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7661 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

Once you beat the basic story mode the Coldheart will be at the Gunsmith the Kill-Tracker Ghost is at Lord Shaxx and the Sword will be at the Postmaster in a package with an emblem.

#245 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:12 AM

And FYI still have not gotten anything from the Poptart receipt. But it seems to be that way for everyone since the weekend.

I got mine. They sent a text which has a link to a Web site where you either register for kfr (Kelloggs family rewards) or sign in if your already a member. Once you're in you can retrieve your code and enter it in your account at bungie.net.

#246 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:23 AM

Once you beat the basic story mode the Coldheart will be at the Gunsmith the Kill-Tracker Ghost is at Lord Shaxx and the Sword will be at the Postmaster in a package with an emblem.

Ok, thanks!

I got mine. They sent a text which has a link to a Web site where you either register for kfr (Kelloggs family rewards) or sign in if your already a member. Once you're in you can retrieve your code and enter it in your account at bungie.net.

Well screw them then.  I did mine on Friday I think and nothing... Blah.

#247 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

so.....whats everyone thinking? I'm only at level 7, power 75,but damn how fun is this game?

#248 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

so.....whats everyone thinking? I'm only at level 7, power 75,but damn how fun is this game?

I just got to Level 9 last night. I'm Neptune. I kind of like the options in how the story unfolds. This game is definitely addicting.

#249 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10115 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

I just got to Level 9 last night. I'm Neptune. I kind of like the options in how the story unfolds. This game is definitely addicting.

I think the game is going to be a hit.  I just need to make it through the campaign to open it up.  The problem is that there is SO MUCH STUFF to Examine through each mission and I'm starting to be paranoid about missing anything.  I don't think the game has a concept of Grimoire cards and points so I'm not sure if there is a point to Examining everything, but I feel compelled to do so. :)

#250 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

I think the game is going to be a hit. I just need to make it through the campaign to open it up. The problem is that there is SO MUCH STUFF to Examine through each mission and I'm starting to be paranoid about missing anything. I don't think the game has a concept of Grimoire cards and points so I'm not sure if there is a point to Examining everything, but I feel compelled to do so. :)

I kept looking for loot boxes. There seemed to be so many in the EDZ as compared to finding them in D1. Also thought I might find damaged ghosts as compared to dead ghosts in D1.

#251 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:28 PM

I kept looking for loot boxes. There seemed to be so many in the EDZ as compared to finding them in D1. Also thought I might find damaged ghosts as compared to dead ghosts in D1.

Every time I turn around i'm killing a high profile target (or whatever they're called) and getting a chest drop. That is definitely not a complaint. I have a feeling the shader system is going to give me some headaches, but i'm not there yet. 

#252 simosaurus   Corruptible CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

simosaurus

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:42 PM

I love it. I'm level 9 and still on Titan, but there's so much to do! I could easily just explore and ignore the story for a few days (but I won't).

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

#253 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:54 PM

Is there anything that is equal or comparable to dead ghosts in D2?  I haven't found anything, but I'm taking my sweet time and looking at everything!  I have seen a lot of little touches.  For instance, Devrim is using No Land Beyond! 

#254 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:06 AM

I am keeping myself disciplined and trying to get through the story so I can open everything up. But it is so hard not to do those Adventure missions or public events.  The flip side is that I'm not getting a lot of experience so I'm actually behind the curve on XP for the story missions and some have been pretty challenging so far.  I'm at Io and level 13 or so.

I did get my Poptart text back so maybe tonight I'll use the XP bonus thing.  It would actually have been very useful for me last night.

I never did get the one from the Gamestop receipt.  So actually, even if I get the Poptart one I might not be able to use it.  That redemption error on the Bungie site is killing me.  I'm going to see if I can do it through the companion app.  I haven't even opened that yet.

SO.. What is everyone picking for their exotic weapon?  I'm surprised it isn't being discussed here.  I almost stopped playing at that choice to go online to research them but in the end I just said eff it, I'll just pick one.  I went with the Pulse rifle, which turned out to be an excellent choice since the very next mission was full of void-shield Minotaurs.

EDIT: OK, the code finally redeemed on the companion app - just didn't work on the web site.

#255 Renegade Moose   The cake is a lie. CAGiversary!   1060 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Renegade Moose

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

I am keeping myself disciplined and trying to get through the story so I can open everything up. But it is so hard not to do those Adventure missions or public events. The flip side is that I'm not getting a lot of experience so I'm actually behind the curve on XP for the story missions and some have been pretty challenging so far. I'm at Io and level 13 or so.

I did get my Poptart text back so maybe tonight I'll use the XP bonus thing. It would actually have been very useful for me last night.

I never did get the one from the Gamestop receipt. So actually, even if I get the Poptart one I might not be able to use it. That redemption error on the Bungie site is killing me. I'm going to see if I can do it through the companion app. I haven't even opened that yet.

SO.. What is everyone picking for their exotic weapon? I'm surprised it isn't being discussed here. I almost stopped playing at that choice to go online to research them but in the end I just said eff it, I'll just pick one. I went with the Pulse rifle, which turned out to be an excellent choice since the very next mission was full of void-shield Minotaurs.

EDIT: OK, the code finally redeemed on the companion app - just didn't work on the web site.

I haven't even gotten that far. About the only person on my friends list close to my light level is chubby. Like him I've been taking my time and not rushing. I find I personally get more enjoyment out of it when I do and have been doing it since the Taken King.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#256 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:56 AM

I haven't even gotten that far. About the only person on my friends list close to my light level is chubby. Like him I've been taking my time and not rushing. I find I personally get more enjoyment out of it when I do and have been doing it since the Taken King.

See I thought I was taking my time and WAY behind everyone because nearly everyone on my friends list last night was already level 20 (when I was still 8 or so - got to 13 by the time I went to bed though).

#257 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7661 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:12 AM

So once you hit level 20 the only reason to use the XP boosters would be to get bright engrams faster correct?

#258 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:17 AM

Unfortunately I have to take a hiatus and do some adulting.

#259 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:27 AM

So once you hit level 20 the only reason to use the XP boosters would be to get bright engrams faster correct?

I have no idea.  I don't even know what Bright Engrams are ;).

#260 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10115 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

Is there anything that is equal or comparable to dead ghosts in D2? I haven't found anything, but I'm taking my sweet time and looking at everything! I have seen a lot of little touches. For instance, Devrim is using No Land Beyond!

He's also using the voice of the Cryptarch in The Vestian Outpost.

#261 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:45 AM

I noticed some people on the roster have their light and level displayed, while others have their light and number of kills listed. Anybody know why there's a difference?

#262 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10115 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:48 AM

I noticed some people on the roster have their light and level displayed, while others have their light and number of kills listed. Anybody know why there's a difference?

I just picked up an emblem for my Warlock that displays kills with Dawn Blade.

#263 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:49 AM

I just picked up an emblem for my Warlock that displays kills with Dawn Blade.

So it's emblem dependent. Thanks.

#264 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4399 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

There are also emblems that do various things. One shows heroic public events completed, another shows your kd in the crucible.

#265 simosaurus   Corruptible CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

simosaurus

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:58 AM

I finished the night at level 14/144.  I feel like I'm progressing pretty well and having a good time. Next up, IO (the moon, not the CAG).

#266 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7661 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

Looking for off topic advice. I see some you mentioned having a Switch would you say yes or no on a warranty? It's for Christmas and we got it today for my 10 year old son. I hoping it stays docked as much as possible but eventually I see it going mobile. It would be $60 for two years at GS.

#267 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10115 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Since my Destiny partner has been offline for a few days, I've held off progresing through the story and just been running around the EDZ with my Warlock (second character).  I'm pretty sure he'll be level 20 before I leave the EDZ.

#268 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

Looking for off topic advice. I see some you mentioned having a Switch would you say yes or no on a warranty? It's for Christmas and we got it today for my 10 year old son. I hoping it stays docked as much as possible but eventually I see it going mobile. It would be $60 for two years at GS.

I used to buy them all the time on any product. Then I learned that in general extended warranties are not good on the consumer side. They're good money makers for whoever is selling them. So now ai purchase them more selectively.

I ask myself

What would it cost to fix the item?
What would it cast to replace the item?
Does it already have a manufacturer's warranty?
Is the item known to be prone to defects or failure?
How much wear and tear will the item take?
Will the most likely methods for damage be dropped?

Seems like you're thinking along those lines too. Children tend to put more wear and tear on items, but that can also depend from child to child. Switches are fairly new but I haven't heard anything about a high failure rate (if someone else knows otherwise I'm sure they'll chime in). There's also the peice of mind to consider. Some like having the security of the extended warranty.

Sometimes I choose to use the money I would spend on the extended warranty on protective gear instead.

In the end it's like any insurance. You're betting on an unknown future you hope doesn't happen.

#269 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

I say no.  We got it for me and my 9 year old son.  He's okay with electronics, not great....not horrid.  I haven't run into one of those store warranties that have ever paid off for me.  That's just my take on it.  UB's thought process above is a good way to consider it's worth. 

Oh, plus, it seems like its made rather well.  it feels solid and just like it could take a few hits before dying on you. 

#270 Renegade Moose   The cake is a lie. CAGiversary!   1060 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Renegade Moose

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

I used to buy them all the time on any product. Then I learned that in general extended warranties are not good on the consumer side. They're good money makers for whoever is selling them. So now ai purchase them more selectively.

I ask myself

What would it cost to fix the item?
What would it cast to replace the item?
Does it already have a manufacturer's warranty?
Is the item known to be prone to defects or failure?
How much wear and tear will the item take?
Will the most likely methods for damage be dropped?

Seems like you're thinking along those lines too. Children tend to put more wear and tear on items, but that can also depend from child to child. Switches are fairly new but I haven't heard anything about a high failure rate (if someone else knows otherwise I'm sure they'll chime in). There's also the peice of mind to consider. Some like having the security of the extended warranty.

Sometimes I choose to use the money I would spend on the extended warranty on protective gear instead.

In the end it's like any insurance. You're betting on an unknown future you hope doesn't happen.

Only known issue I believe was with the joycon losing sync. I ran into it and sent mine in. Nintendo had it fixed within a few days and I had it back before the weekend. Their customer service has always been great in my experience. The joycon issue is supposed to be fixed now as well.