- - - - -

NHL 17 for $14.99 ($11.99 w/ GCU) PS4/XBO @ Best Buy

#1 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2380 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:38 AM

BB Deal of the Day

PS4:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5387309

XBO:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5387300

#2 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3142 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:44 AM

never played it but for this price why not.  Looks like is UFC2 now, 19.99/15.99 GCU

https://www.bestbuy....cat248000050016

#3 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:47 AM

Because 18!

#4 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

Xb1 version also trades back to BB for almost 20 with gcu. 17.44 w/o gcu.

#5 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

No free shipping kills the deal

#6 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

If only there were copies around me.

#7 jbroush99   Old Tickle Feathers CAGiversary!   2619 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

Thanks op! I haven't played an NHL game in a few years so I'm giving it a shot. Got one for store pickup and used a $5 cert.

#8 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1888 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, what's with the shipping cost?  I'm an elite plus member too, not a some normal non-elite barbarian!

#9 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

Yeah, what's with the shipping cost?  I'm an elite plus member too, not a some normal non-elite barbarian!

http://forums.bestbu...071411#U1071411

Was tempted to pick up two copies and trade one back in for a slight profit (and essentially reduce cost of the one I keep) but would have to wait until September 8th for free ship to store. 

#10 CyborgNinja  

CyborgNinja

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

Has anyone ever tried an immediate flip like this? Is that generally frowned upon or are they cool doing it?

#11 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:15 PM

Has anyone ever tried an immediate flip like this? Is that generally frowned upon or are they cool doing it?

I've never done it as I've never had the opportunity to test it. I have heard of people doing it. I would just take my purchase to the car, discard the packaging, and then go to CS for trade in.

I have 3 BB'S with in 19 minutes of me. So it's not a big inconvenience for me to go to another location. But I understand not everyone has that luxury.

Technically your not breaking any rules, but you don't want to ruin it for everyone else. Remember ...

Be discrete; don't flaunt it.

#12 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   475 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:13 PM

No free shipping kills the deal

For some reason when I transfer an item from my wish list (saved items) to the shopping cart it'll sometimes offer me free shipping even if it's less than $35.  Probably a glitch.

I just tried it with NHL 17 and it worked, although I already own it digitally so I'm not going to buy it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have GCU.  Not sure if that makes a difference.  From my understanding GCU membership doesn't include free shipping on orders under $35.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

#13 justadude  

justadude

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

This or ea access for $15 more

#14 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

I've never done it as I've never had the opportunity to test it. I have heard of people doing it. I would just take my purchase to the car, discard the packaging, and then go to CS for trade in.

I have 3 BB'S with in 19 minutes of me. So it's not a big inconvenience for me to go to another location. But I understand not everyone has that luxury.

Technically your not breaking any rules, but you don't want to ruin it for everyone else. Remember ...

This. Go outside, open the game then go back in. Don't talk about how you just bought it. You'll be trading in with a different person than you paid when buying it so just don't be that person and you should be fine. 

For some reason when I transfer an item from my wish list (saved items) to the shopping cart it'll sometimes offer me free shipping even if it's less than $35.  Probably a glitch.

I just tried it with NHL 17 and it worked, although I already own it digitally so I'm not going to buy it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have GCU.  Not sure if that makes a difference.  From my understanding GCU membership doesn't include free shipping on orders under $35.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You sir deserve a cookie, this worked like a charm. Free shipping (not 2 day but still free). I "saved it for later" then went to my saved items and added it to my cart and it worked!

#15 CyborgNinja  

CyborgNinja

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

I have one by work and 2 on my commute (one of which I'm going to anyway to pick up a PS4 copy for keeps). Just wondering if it's worth the hassle. Logged into my GCU account, it says trade in value is $17.44. Less cost, that's only a $4.40 profit. Is it supposed to be closer to $20?

#16 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:29 PM

I have one by work and 2 on my commute (one of which I'm going to anyway to pick up a PS4 copy for keeps). Just wondering if it's worth the hassle. Logged into my GCU account, it says trade in value is $17.44. Less cost, that's only a $4.40 profit. Is it supposed to be closer to $20?

With gcu it should come out to 19.18. So about 7 profit per copy traded in. Tax not included in calculation?.

#17 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3142 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

I did it once after doing pickup right with same person, and they didn't care, they actually thought it was kind of funny, that I was making a little credit. I think it was during a 50% week so it was a pretty good difference not a few bucks.

#18 derrtaysouth95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

derrtaysouth95

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:27 PM

I did it once after doing pickup right with same person, and they didn't care, they actually thought it was kind of funny, that I was making a little credit. I think it was during a 50% week so it was a pretty good difference not a few bucks.

Guy at register checking me out asked why I was buying 2 copies of the same game. He said "is the other for a friend or something?" I resonded "yeah something like that".

Then he asked me if GCU was worth having. Like really? You work here
It's your job to try and sell me on that stuff! Clearly not a gamer and sure as hell not a CAG.

#19 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

around a $6 flip after taxes for me. If I had to go to BBY for something, I might consider it, but just too lazy for such a small profit. I miss the good ol days of BBY flipping.

#20 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

Xbox version only, so $18.66 net profit tops. Nearest store with them is 60 miles away so 1/3 a tank gas or $10 gas to make $9.

Not sure I want my BB credit tied up in something that may not arrive until next week. I'd rather use that $36 to buy spideys and zombies for SB at GS.

What are the chances a BB store would actually have copies of a game it doesn't show as having in stock for online? I feel like I've seen that game every time I've been in there lately.

#21 kevinmlssu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   359 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

kevinmlssu

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:28 AM

So what happens if order this and do a preorder but end up deciding later to cancel the preorder? Do I get charged at a later date for shipping?

#22 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3142 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:34 AM

Looks like is UFC2 now, 19.99/15.99 GCU

#23 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:37 AM

Looks like is UFC2 now, 19.99/15.99 GCU

Yeah expected a bigger drop with that. Been $20 time and time again on a few different sites