* - - - - 2 votes

Gamestop ad 9/6 - 9/12

#61 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1261 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:55 AM

Where did the $10 off coupon come from?

Redeemed 10K in points to get a $10 off coupon from Power Up Rewards.

#62 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:27 AM

Redeemed 10K in points to get a $10 off coupon from Power Up Rewards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT for all

Save your reward points for cyber monday they half off pre-owned certificates.......

#63 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:38 AM

yeah but you dont want your points to get too high.

that tends to raise some eyebrows......when you start moving closer to 100k

#64 dougieeb  

dougieeb

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:44 AM

What would it matter that I have a large number of points??? They took away the collectibles that I could use points on so now I save till cyber monday!

#65 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:45 AM

New entry re: N/ A games....

Why does the Trade value say NA or it’s not in their search system?

That game might ring up as 0.03 or 0.02. Some employees may take it but YMMV

op updated.

Clarification:

Games that show up N/A will trade in at $0.03

Games that don't show up in the search system will trade in at $0.02

They're supposed to trash those games from what I understand in the past but idk now so def ymmv...there's some super gutsy CAGs in the old threads who dumpster dive at GS that posted pics of their loot & said they found lots of no-value still-playable games that way btw *horrified* lol

#66 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2372 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:02 AM

Clarification:
Games that show up N/A will trade in at $0.03
Games that don't show up in the search system will trade in at $0.02
They're supposed to trash those games from what I understand in the past but idk now so def ymmv...there's some super gutsy CAGs in the old threads who dumpster dive at GS that posted pics of their loot & said they found lots of no-value still-playable games that way btw *horrified* lol

I wouldn't describe them as "gutsy"

#67 Omni99  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

I have to confess...even though I know about the cyber monday points deal, I just don't have the patience to wait.

Points are good to use for those PUR renewals for me.

#68 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:14 AM

yeah but you dont want your points to get too high.

that tends to raise some eyebrows......when you start moving closer to 100k

i have 170k points and don't give a $hit... rather the points go twice as far on cyber monday. all they say is you have plenty of points for certificates or pro membership and i decline woop lol

#69 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:27 AM

What are you buying with your points? I am thinking about selling the certificates or buying every switch game to trade back in. Problem is I'll have to do 25+ transaction to use them all.

Both your account and the account that used the certificate can be banned so I would not advise going that route.

#70 dougieeb  

dougieeb

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:32 AM

Yes I have around 125k right now. I've had always had tons of points this time of year. I got a sweet pullover N7 sweater once and a gears of war chainsaw gun. I also use them on cyber Monday. But I have to feed my son's and my gaming habit.

#71 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:34 AM

Both your account and the account that used the certificate can be banned so I would not advise going that route.

Not sure if owners account gets banned..But i know 100% the person using the bought points will be banned. Banned for good takes about 5-7 days after use. I've had a few accounts banned bought some off ebay dirt cheap..

#72 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:36 AM

That PS3 deal isnt to bad I guess...

#73 bubster93   WOT! CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

bubster93

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:51 AM

Save your reward points for cyber monday they half off pre-owned certificates.......

i never payed attendtion before, but do the $50 certs go on sale on cyber monday as well?

#74 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

i never payed attendtion before, but do the $50 certs go on sale on cyber monday as well?

Every Cert does. 

So half the points for those. i did two 25 certs, two 15 and once 10. Was pretty awesome.

#75 WingEater  

WingEater

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:20 AM

Every Cert does. 
So half the points for those. i did two 25 certs, two 15 and once 10. Was pretty awesome.

No wrong. Only the preowned up to 25

#76 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

Meh... Only one reason I buy used games - and that's to flip 'em. Far better to wait for B2G1s for that. Used a &50 last night on my conversion from VCR to S model X1. I'll use the rest to do the PUR upgrade when it comes around.

#77 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7812 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:03 PM

And you can only use one of each domination on a single transaction.  So if you had two $25 and wanted to buy something used that was $80 you could only use one.  

I only have 31K or so in points and am saving them for Cyber Monday.  

#78 dudebythepool  

dudebythepool

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:17 PM

Can't believe amazon paid out 56 and 47 for nfl18 on trade  :shock:

#79 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1623 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:27 PM

So no one mentions Nier for $35?

#80 YawnAmuroYawn  

YawnAmuroYawn

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:49 PM

Not sure if owners account gets banned..But i know 100% the person using the bought points will be banned. Banned for good takes about 5-7 days after use. I've had a few accounts banned bought some off ebay dirt cheap..

Ive used tons of coupons from my brother and wife's account and ive never been banned. I just keep it under $30 in coupons per week when they have the points. I have never been banned. Youre buying coupons off ebay which were obtained who knows how and I'm sure its treated differently.

#81 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

Oh well I overlooked that then. Last time I did it was like 3 years ago because GS closed where I was. So whoops.

Thanks for the clarification tho.

#82 Boondock Saint   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Boondock Saint

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

I'm debating trading in my OG PS4 so I can get a Pro. Only thing is, I replaced the 500gb hard drive and put a 2tb drive in. Wonder how much of an issue that would be. 

#83 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7812 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

I'm debating trading in my OG PS4 so I can get a Pro. Only thing is, I replaced the 500gb hard drive and put a 2tb drive in. Wonder how much of an issue that would be. 

I guess you don't have the original 500GB anymore?  If you do you can download the latest firmware and put that back on the 500GB.  

You need the 900mb file towards the bottom of the page.

https://www.playstat...newinstallation

Or maybe order one from Amazon or where ever?

https://www.amazon.c...words=500gb 2.5

Then you could use the 2TB in your Pro.

#84 Boondock Saint   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Boondock Saint

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

I guess you don't have the original 500GB anymore?  If you do you can download the latest firmware and put that back on the 500GB.  

You need the 900mb file towards the bottom of the page.

Or maybe order one from Amazon or where ever?

https://www.amazon.c...words=500gb 2.5

Then you could use the 2TB in your Pro.

I do have a slim PS4 with a 500gb drive that I use in my living room as a media player. Maybe I can switch the drives out?

#85 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7812 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

I do have a slim PS4 with a 500gb drive that I use in my living room as a media player. Maybe I can switch the drives out?

You would have to reload the OS and download your games, apps and saves but that should work.  Put the 2TB in either the pro or PS4 Slim.  Same procedure as you have done in the past just need the larger OS file.  You can't just move internal drives between PS4s.  You have to reformat and reload.

I ended up putting my 2TB externally.  

Also did the same on my XBox One.  Made it so much easier when I traded the OG and got a XBox S.  Just moved the drive over.  I don't use the Internal drives on either console for much.  

http://www.playstati...multiple-units/

Also don't forget to remove the PS4 you are trading from your account.

#86 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7812 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

But to answer your original question I have no idea if GS would care or not.  My guess it would depend on the associate if they even notice and if so if there is a policy against it.  

#87 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

Yeah, I'd pull the 2 tb out and plug in your slim drive. I left a 1 tb drive in my OG when I traded for the pro and just didn't say anything. They'll charge you a refurb fee if they notice or you say something.

#88 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

Battlefield 1 Revolution is a solid deal, esp if you traded in BF1 last week with the 60% bonus - rebuying

#89 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

You would have to reload the OS and download your games, apps and saves but that should work. Put the 2TB in either the pro or PS4 Slim. Same procedure as you have done in the past just need the larger OS file. You can't just move internal drives between PS4s. You have to reformat and reload.

I ended up putting my 2TB externally.

Also did the same on my XBox One. Made it so much easier when I traded the OG and got a XBox S. Just moved the drive over. I don't use the Internal drives on either console for much.

http://www.playstati...multiple-units/

Also don't forget to remove the PS4 you are trading from your account.

Just wanted to add that if you forget to deactivate your PS4 before trading in, all is not lost. When you adding your account to the new console, it will tell you your account is primary on another console and it then asks if you'd like to move it to the new one. I chose yes. Everything was fine.

#90 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7812 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

Just wanted to add that if you forget to deactivate your PS4 before trading in, all is not lost. When you adding your account to the new console, it will tell you your account is primary on another console and it then asks if you'd like to move it to the new one. I chose yes. Everything was fine.

I forgot to remove my PS3 when I traded it and got a PS4.  I seem to recall I had to call them and they removed all my consoles (I had a Vita too) and then I had to add them back.  Good to know they made this work better.  Calling them a few days after the PS4 came out was NOT fun.  

I think you are still only allowed a primary and secondary PS4 right?

Looks like you can also deactivate them yourself at their webpage which wasn't an option for PS3s anyway.

https://account.sony...mentnetwork.com