Nintendo Switch with Splatoon 2 + Neon Green/Neon Pink Joy-Cons (Walmart Exclusive) $379.99

Jake-McCall

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
The Walmart exclusive Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch bundle with the neon pink & green joy-cons, the Splatoon 2 game, as well as a Splatoon 2 themed Switch carrying case is now available at the Walmart website. MSRP $379.99. Not really a deal, but they do say that quantities will be limited, so get it while you can. Here is the link:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847
FYI, this was actually posted on the CAG twitter earlier today. Still the top RT on the profile.

FYI, this was actually posted on the CAG twitter earlier today. Still the top RT on the profile.
Well I just happened to see it while visiting Walmart.com. Didn't see a post about it on the CAG Video Game deals page, so I thought I'd post it myself.

What the..? I wasn't saying you were. I was just explaining why I posted it.
I figured that's why you posted it, and thus I assumed your follow-up post had a defensive tone. Some people do trigger easily on the internet haha.

Anyway, simple misunderstanding. We're all good. Have a good night.

My local Walmart had about 8 of the console bundle yesterday when I was there. No trace of the joycon pack though. My wife would be really into having a set with that color combo.

My local Walmart had about 8 of the console bundle yesterday when I was there. No trace of the joycon pack though. My wife would be really into having a set with that color combo.
Unless it changes we won't be getting just the pink/green joycon in America without buying this bundle.

As of now, Amazon.co.uk is your best bet for ordering them. They're still more expensive than the Splatoon 2 Pro Controller though.

I want this so bad. Why can't I pull the trigger?
Why do you want it so bad is the question to ask? Is there games you want to play currently? Any coming soon you want?

Do you see a value for the current price, with what is being offered?

I personally like the hardware, it's not bad. But outside of Zelda, I have no interest in Splatoon, Mario Kart, etc. I also really don't want or need the docking option, as well as having removable controls. Nice features for some maybe, but for me to buy it now, I'm paying for many features I don't want.

So I'm waiting on a redesign, where hopefully they downsize the system and offer a cheaper option. But for those who see games they want, or see the value, grab one up. It's certainly not going anywhere anytime soon, but it's to early to tell how good long term support will be, so do some research. If you still can't decide, follow the 5 game rule. If a system has 5 games you want to play, it's worth buying. If you don't see 5 games you really want, or can't be had on another system, it may not be for you.

Why do you want it so bad is the question to ask? Is there games you want to play currently? Any coming soon you want?

I personally like the hardware, it's not bad. But outside of Zelda, I have no interest in Splatoon, Mario Kart, etc. I also really don't want or need the docking option, as well as having removable controls. Nice features for some maybe, but for me to buy it now, I'm paying for many features I don't want.

So I'm waiting on a redesign, where hopefully they downsize the system and offer a cheaper option. But for those who see games they want, or see the value, grab one up. It's certainly not going anywhere anytime soon, but it's to early to tell how good long term support will be, so do some research. If you still can't decide, follow the 5 game rule. If a system has 5 games you want to play, it's worth buying. If you don't see 5 games you really want, or can't be had on another system, it may not be for you.
I'd put money on a tablet only bundle when Pokemon releases

I skipped out on the Wii and Wii U, Zelda is something I really want to play, Mario Kart and Splatoon seem really fun. A big thing drawing me in is the word "Limited". I like the look of these colors more than the other ones available.

It's cool and if not for the digital game I might consider it. Hope this is the first of many LE Switches like the 3DS used to have. Would prefer custom docks or consoles rather than custom joycons in the future though!

I've been on the fence about pulling the trigger on the switch since release but with this bundle and having seen the nindies showcase, I'm going for it. Put one in for same day pickup. But if they cancel my order, which I'm half expecting, then I'll go back to patiently waiting.

The Japan release special edition Monster Hunter XX Swirch has printed dock and console.
[attachment=27906:IMG_7899.JPG]
[attachment=27907:IMG_7900.JPG]
[attachment=27908:IMG_7901.PNG]

I am also hoping for some US releases like this with special edition consoles and docks.

I skipped out on the Wii and Wii U, Zelda is something I really want to play, Mario Kart and Splatoon seem really fun. A big thing drawing me in is the word "Limited". I like the look of these colors more than the other ones available.
I would say this is a solid buy for you and your needs currently. I owned a Wii from launch, and my son got a Wii U years ago, with me just getting one recently, so most of what is offered on the NS is of little use for me, as we have them already.

This bundle is exclusive to Walmart, so no telling if there will be more after this initial allotment is gone, or if it will be produced long term. If I had to guess, I would say once gone, that's it. Since many of the bigger games you haven't played, and considering this is a unique buy, in regards to being exclusive, I say go for it. Your paying retail for the case, and the digital game, so as long as neither of those are an issue, you should be OK getting it now if you want it.

I want this so bad. Why can't I pull the trigger?
Probably the pricing. As much as I like this color combo it's hard to swallow paying en extra $80 for a digital game and carrying case. I'll probably regret it whenever the Switch starts getting more decent games.

I put one in layaway. That's all they had at my local walmart and any that are within 50 miles. Don't care for the neon pink but maybe I'll trade those for the blue/red ones later on. Can't wait to pay it off

Ordered yesterday and picked it up today. For the heck of it I decided to look to see if they had any more in stock and they had 1 left in the Nintendo section (upstate ny). After I picked up the switch, I got an email saying Walmart is refunding 99 cents to my credit card for some reason...

The Japan release special edition Monster Hunter XX Swirch has printed dock and console.
attachicon.gif
IMG_7899.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_7900.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_7901.PNG

I am also hoping for some US releases like this with special edition consoles and docks.
How far in advance did Nintendo announce these bundles? I wasn't paying too close attention, but the Splatoon one just seemed to pop up. Would love to get a Mario Odyssey bundle, but the game is a console seller regardless, so I'm guessing we won't be getting one.

It looks like it was announced for he US and as a Walmart exclusive on 8/17. I can't remember exactly when I heard about it but it wasn't too long ago.

Kinda surprised this isn't sold out. Wondering if it's the color, game, or it being a download that's not appealing.
It could be both, as well as everyone who wanted an NS has finally gotten one. This bundle was released every place else at launch when the game was actually released. Of course, NoA was sitting on their hands at the time, so of course they release it after it could have done the most good.

But it's exclusive, and I'm sure it's "limited". So if these are still around come Mario time, they won't be for long, so having inventory last more than a few days, is actually not a bad thing. Finally those who want a system have many options to get one without having to part with their first born in the process. LOL

Kinda surprised this isn't sold out. Wondering if it's the color, game, or it being a download that's not appealing.
Of the six Walmart sales I've been in that I know for a fact have stock, I've seen these displayed in exactly zero of them.

I've heard a lot of others mention this in other parts of the country as well. I think Walmart is screwing themselves out of many sales by not having these visible.

It looks like it was announced for he US and as a Walmart exclusive on 8/17. I can't remember exactly when I heard about it but it wasn't too long ago.
Thanks, I checked to see if bundles were announced every once in a while. Was expecting one to be announced via the recent Nintendo Direct. Just a little odd to see this now with Splatoon coming out a few months ago.

For me, I'm passing because I've actually seen Switch in stock at some B&M stores and could essentially get Switch plus a game for $20 cheaper than this bundle. I know it comes with a case and the colors are exclusive, but I'd rather save the money.

I know it comes with a case and the colors are exclusive, but I'd rather save the money.
Yeah, that's why I figured this bundle is mainly for fans of the game and color scheme, which also supports my comments on why it should have been offered when the game was. Since the system isn't really branded, or has anything really special(besides the color JC), I agree that I would probably just get the base model and but the extras I would want to save the money.

There is four sitting at my Wal Mart. First switch I have seen there, the other go immediately or close to it.

Great logic and wisdom right there! Thank you!

I have the switch, and can give my two cents, there aren't a huge number of games out right now that I want(I have disgaea 5, mario kart, splatoon 2, and zelda)  The coming months look decent.  Mario and rabbids just came out, it looks good, mario oddessy is out next month, could be good, but most of the games that I want are not coming out until later in the year or next year.  If you arent delighted with the game selection now, wait 6 months or a year and then buy a switch if there are games that you actually want, maybe they will have a color scheme or bundle that you want by then

I have the switch, and can give my two cents, there aren't a huge number of games out right now that I want(I have disgaea 5, mario kart, splatoon 2, and zelda) The coming months look decent. Mario and rabbids just came out, it looks good, mario oddessy is out next month, could be good, but most of the games that I want are not coming out until later in the year or next year. If you arent delighted with the game selection now, wait 6 months or a year and then buy a switch if there are games that you actually want, maybe they will have a color scheme or bundle that you want by then
What exactly are the upcoming big Switch games sans Mario Odyssey? Other than (presumable) remasters of Wii U games and the new 3D Metroid?

What exactly are the upcoming big Switch games sans Mario Odyssey? Other than (presumable) remasters of Wii U games and the new 3D Metroid?
I can't speak for other people, but as to what I'm looking forwards to: xenoblade chronicles 2, shakedown hawaii, hallow night, yoshi, metroid prime.

Beyond that, I'm hoping(HOPING) for some good eshop games, but not really sure what to expect on that front, we will keep getting more snk re-releases, if we get more old arcade games and old turbografx games(or heck even a re release of all of the old wii shop channel games), I'd be thrilled, but won't hold my breath.

^ Some great upcoming title. I'm personally a big fan of the Kirby games as well, so looking forward to the new Switch Kirby in the works.

Beyond that.. well, how many more games do we really need anyway? Most of us aren't exactly starved for titles to play lol. Actually we probably all have a extensive backlogs, so if there's a drought in Switch games take that opportunity to catch up on stuff.

So I'm a Switch newbie, but why are the bundles $380 and not $360? Isn't it just the $300 Switch and a $60 game?

So I'm a Switch newbie, but why are the bundles $380 and not $360? Isn't it just the $300 Switch and a $60 game?
comes with "a Splatoon 2 themed Switch carrying case" there is your answer. Expect to pay full retail on these Switch bundles, cuz Nintendo.

bread's done
Back