- - - - -

Happy 18th Dreamcast! 9/9/99-9/9/17

#1 SegaGT   Dreamcast Collector CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

Can't believe its been that long. Some of us were kids then and now have kids...

Still collecting hardware but slowed down a bit.

Hope others still remember and dust off their DC. :beer:

#2 Stanley the Bugman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Stanley the Bugman

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Meanwhile the Atari 2600's 40th birthday came and went without fanfare.   But it'll have the last laugh when it's cruising by in its new sports car.  

#3 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4324 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

Dreamcast day will forever be burned into my brain.....

To celebrate my getting into college, my father purchased me a Dreamcast from Gamestop/EBGames' website along with Sonic Adventure and an extra controller.

When the package arrived, there had been an mix-up and Gamestop had sent me the deluxe bundle with all the release the games and more.

I was at a friends house when it arrived. Thinking I had done it on purpose, he called my friend's place demanding I come home about ripping him off, I was no longer allowed to leave the house. He also, and I quote, kicked me out of college.

He called up the college I was attending, and stopped payment on my account/classes. I had to go to the financial office to confirm the cancellation, and all the money for my first semester of classes was refunded to me.. I kept the money as a form of protest and revenge against my father.

I was able to prove that we got the wrong shipment by showing him the order number.. so I was a allowed to keep the console.

Sadly because I kept the money, he held a grudge against me for years afterwards always calling me a thief and a liar. I was also too stupid to use the money to go back to class the next semester...

It turned out better though, 4-5yrs later, after a really bad break up.. my mother decided to help me get back in college, since my father thought I wasn't worth the investment. Now in 2017 I'm sitting on 4 degrees including a Masters in Network Administration