Happy 18th Dreamcast! 9/9/99-9/9/17

SegaGT

CAGiversary!
Can't believe its been that long. Some of us were kids then and now have kids...

Still collecting hardware but slowed down a bit.

Hope others still remember and dust off their DC. :beer:

Meanwhile the Atari 2600's 40th birthday came and went without fanfare.   But it'll have the last laugh when it's cruising by in its new sports car.  

Dreamcast day will forever be burned into my brain.....

To celebrate my getting into college, my father purchased me a Dreamcast from Gamestop/EBGames' website along with Sonic Adventure and an extra controller.

When the package arrived, there had been an mix-up and Gamestop had sent me the deluxe bundle with all the release the games and more.

I was at a friends house when it arrived. Thinking I had done it on purpose, he called my friend's place demanding I come home about ripping him off, I was no longer allowed to leave the house. He also, and I quote, kicked me out of college.

He called up the college I was attending, and stopped payment on my account/classes. I had to go to the financial office to confirm the cancellation, and all the money for my first semester of classes was refunded to me.. I kept the money as a form of protest and revenge against my father.

I was able to prove that we got the wrong shipment by showing him the order number.. so I was a allowed to keep the console.

Sadly because I kept the money, he held a grudge against me for years afterwards always calling me a thief and a liar. I was also too stupid to use the money to go back to class the next semester...

It turned out better though, 4-5yrs later, after a really bad break up.. my mother decided to help me get back in college, since my father thought I wasn't worth the investment. Now in 2017 I'm sitting on 4 degrees including a Masters in Network Administration

bread's done
Back