Video Game related Injuries

Theenternal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
What kind of Video game injuries have you sustained? (if any) Besides aching hands...

List your video game related injuries here :)

Mine:

1.Ive repaired about 30-50 consoles...but once i left the power cord plugged in on a playstation while adjusting the pots...I got a pretty nice shock when my screwdriver touched near the power supply :idea:

2.Bought a rental game from a store, as I was scratching off a sticker, i felt a sharp pain... It had a metal secruity strip that went underneath my fingernail like a razorblade :(

3.Broke a cd once, had it shatter and hit me in the eye :shock:

one time when i was at the arcade like 10 years back, playing mortal kombat 2. anyway it was getting pretty crazy, so i was just slapping that stick around instead of holding it (raidens flying [back back forward] move will do that) , and i kinda missed once and my hand went off to the side where this little metal or plastic edge was sticking out and i cut my skin pretty bad.

besides that though there have been plenty of times where me and my bros have gotten into fights (bastards hogging the controllers) while playing games (this was back when v were like 6-10) and sometimes it got bad....

A gian blister on my palm from mario party 1, since then i have learned my lesson

I also played simpsons hit and run for 8 hrs in my basement durring the winter (10 degrees) and couldnt use my hands for a good 5 or 6 hrs

[quote name='Theenternal']2.Bought a rental game from a store, as I was scratching off a sticker, i felt a sharp pain... It had a metal secruity strip that went underneath my fingernail like a razorblade :([/quote]

that reminds me of the time i was cracking an egg and the shell went under my nail. that was painful! :x

[quote name='MrBadExample']You should stay away from Vegas[/quote]

LOL!

I moved last month. I had removed everything from my game collection closet but the items on the very top shelf, which required a step ladder to reach. On the last day I got on top of my ladder and still could only see the bottom of the boxes. I had taken down everything but my Steel Battalion box. Knowing it was empty and confident it was the last thing on the shelf, I tilted towards me to get a hold of the built in handle. That's when a New in the Box Dreamcast I forgot about slid off the top of it and smacked me in the face. Being the crazed game collector my first fear was the Dreamcast falling 10 feet to the floor and I nearly broke my neck scrambling to catch it. I had a nice red mark across the bridge of my nose for a few days, as well as bruised ego.

My dad was playing Golden Tee on his cell phone in his work truck and somehow crushed his hand in the center console. He had a pretty big bruise/cut on his hand from where he did it.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I once got my penis caught in a genesis case.
...OK, i'm lying. Just thought it would be funny to say.[/quote]
We all know you're not lying, you sick bastard :twisted:

[quote name='Cmosfm']I once got my penis caught in a genesis case.
...OK, i'm lying. Just thought it would be funny to say.[/quote]

Some ppl have strange ways of playing sonic...

All from playing DDR:

Blisters on my feet

Both of my big toe nails fell off last summer from my toes hitting the front of my sneakers from playing so much DDR in the arcade on Heavy (most difficult level) mode.

Lots of muscle strains from playing non stop for 2 hours a few times a week.

Ive been having nightmares about this game I played Polybius for years :p

No, I have hurt myself by having friends throw game cases at me. I sprained my ankle when I was a noob at DDR like 4 years ago now. I was once I had an arcade fucking fall on me (Darkstalkers...) once. Nearly broke my fuckin leg and I once had dropped an Xbox controller on a friends head and gave him a cuncusion (Today).

Cuts on two of my right hand fingers when prying open my Gamecube controller. Trying to fix the R button and getting impatient trying to unscrew those ridiculously placed and odd shaped screws in the bottom, just decided to jam a screwdriver in there and lo and behold, the thing burst open and some of the flying pieces cut up my hand. Lesson learned for the day: never buy used controllers from Gamestop or EB (although those $22 wavebirds are very enticing...)

Besides the helicopter game in Mario Party (which it seems a lot of us have done), I've shocked myself on about 3 different occasions, 1 when i was pulling a plug out of an outlet and i touched the prong, 1 trying to install a mod chip in the xbox, and 1 somehow with the AV cables for the xbox (the shelf all my systems and such sit on happens to be all metal, so that might have something to do with it).

Heh this is a hilarious thread.

Anyways.

Once I was playing SCII and I died, so in frustration I chucked my controller down and it slammed into my foot.

Damn toe still hurts.

#4 playing a nes game with my friend, when I got upset i threw the controller at the tv. It bounced off and hit him in the face. He started crying and had a busted lip. hahahhah. This was when I was still in elementry school :p

bread's done
Back