* - - - - 2 votes

YMMV Mass effect andromeda Deluxe Edition PS4/XBox One at Goodwill - $12.99

#1 Big Boss Mario   Wii You CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Big Boss Mario

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

I read this from reddit that all the stock from Target for the Deluxe edition is at Goodwill. 

Here is the pic from reddit:

p7mf94SEHip4uRFwLJH_cpqde4pqoEznz-BSPCjx

"Do not scorn the weak cub - he may become a brutal tiger"
Ancient Mongolian Proverb

#2 APHughes   Amazin' CAG CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

APHughes

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

I didn't pick up Mass Effect because Zelda had come out around the same time. Was Mass Effect that bad of a game?

#3 lostnumber  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

At which store? Goodwill is the most YMMV thing you could post. It could be one Goodwill store in Montana for all we know. This helps no one.

Space... the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Lollipop. It's continuing mission, to take a sweet trip to the candy shop, to seek out new bon-bons and new lemonade stands. to boldly go to Peppermint Bay.

#4 Donnums   Great Scott! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

The dates on those stickers are two months old. If they're out there, there won't be many left.

#5 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   1953 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

lol this has to be one of the most YMMV deals Ive ever seen posted on CAG.

Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#6 drd7of14  

drd7of14

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

It's sad that Bioware Montreal couldn't live up to BioWare Edmonton.  Good call fusing them into Motive Studios, cause them even having the "Bioware" name attached to them really hurt the series.

If they were as clear as WB was with Arkham: Origins or 2K was with Bioshock 2, everyone would have been somewhat more understanding.

Instead of Montreal being the problem, the blame effected Bioware's name as a whole, and in turn the Mass Effect series.  It really sucks.

#7 sovereignNX-73811   Don't ever be on a boat with Adol Christin CAGiversary!   5657 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:54 PM

This is for that Goodwill:
Spoiler

This is for whoever was silly enough to drop that loot at a Goodwill:
Spoiler

And of course, the obligatory hate-on-EA-for-killing-great-games (which they deserve):
Spoiler

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#8 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12542 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

The date/time stamps on the reddit posts are from the middle of July so it's 2 months ago, this is as YMMV as they get, and the OP has been here since 2004.  Oy vey.

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#9 Touch3  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

I didn't pick up Mass Effect because Zelda had come out around the same time. Was Mass Effect that bad of a game?

I didn't think it was bad... it just wasn't as good as people wanted it to be.  It had a rough launch (animation problems, balance problems, save files that could get corrupted if you saved in the wrong place), and even though the devs kept working on it after it came out, the launch hurt it against the stuff that WASN'T buggy at release.  I've seen more people excited about Nier Automata post-release than Andromeda.

#10 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8017 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

Target does send off it's unsold clearance usually to Goodwills. I would pick one of these up for like $5 or so haha.

#11 YawnAmuroYawn  

YawnAmuroYawn

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:05 PM

The early bird catches the worm. No wait. Better late than never. Glad i got the notice on the cag twitter page.

#12 snipermike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

snipermike

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

Haven't the poor suffered enough.

#13 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2470 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:11 PM

I don't think it's impossible to see this at other stores. I don't know about Target, but at TRU we usually get way too many copies of EA games like this. Like I've still got probably 30 or 40 of Battlefront in the back.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#14 NarcoSleepy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

NarcoSleepy

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

Was the landfill full?

#15 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19857 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

I've heard the rumor Target unloads at Goodwill, but after visiting Goodwills in 10 cities across 3 states the last few years I have never seen it.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#16 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   984 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:25 PM

I've heard the rumor Target unloads at Goodwill, but after visiting Goodwills in 10 cities across 3 states the last few years I have never seen it.  

I haven't seen video games from there but I have seen some iPad case covers. They just slap their price sticker over the Target one.

#17 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2843 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

I think Target made a mistake, they meant to dump all the extra Mass Effect 3 copies they have for $14.99 clearance.

Share your gaming videos here - www.GamersVlog.com

#18 Jurai  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:44 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw this pic on reddit like a month+ ago

#19 Touch3  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:53 PM

I haven't seen much game-wise, but they definitely do.  I found some tablecloths and placemats a few weeks ago that had Target clearance stickers underneath the Goodwill sticker.  Just to show how prices can drop, the placemats were originally $5 each at Target, then clearanced for $2.50 each, then at Goodwill they were 4 for $2 :D

#20 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   1953 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

I grab Target stuff from Goodwill all the time, including tons of video game stuff. However, what each Goodwill gets from each Target is YMMV. For example, just cause one gets 40 copies of Mass Effect, doesnt mean any other might get any. 

Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#21 Big Boss Mario   Wii You CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Big Boss Mario

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

i checked out a store a mile from a Target - found nothing - so YMMV...but still where did all those Deluxe editions went to?

"Do not scorn the weak cub - he may become a brutal tiger"
Ancient Mongolian Proverb

#22 Troe123  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

Soooo...

was the game really THAT bad? IDK if it's even worth picking up if it's an unenjoyable 50+ hours.

#23 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:43 AM

I just started Nexus Uprising. I planned to give Andromeda a shot around Black Friday when it hits 19.99. The user reviews since the facial animations patch are pretty decent (if you're a fan of the series).

I have to say I'll play the obligatory cost + shipping for any CAG that wants to get an extra for me!