Fortnite Gen. Discussion Early Access Out Now, F2P 2018

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
fortnite-860x280.jpg

Wiki Below:

Last edited by a moderator:
1.6 update just added Battle Royale Mode and for real this mode is super fun (although expect servers to go down on you). Full mode out the 26th.

I just started this game this week since it was on sale. I have a buddy that plays, so he kinda roped me into it. I like it so far, but after the tutorial and helpinghim defend his Stormshield agains 5 waves, it was a little daunting. His damn Stormshield was like 8 times the size of mine... I don't know if I have that kind of time to sink into a game

^ Yeah I've helped out a few people that have done a lot of prerequisite fortifications for their Storm Shields but the biggest thing is it's all up to your playstyle. I've been with some others that have set up a bunch of traps or just grid like fences all the way to slow down the monsters. I've also encountered some that have a lot of defender placements around to help out. I recently traveled and unlocked the next region, Plankerton, and you start with a new location and Storm Shield. There were a few times when I couldn't build enough or defend against the hordes of zombie husks so I had to do the Storm Shield missions again and repair a bunch that got wrecked. It really depends on how many and who joins you on those I think.

Not related to that, yeah just unlocked Plankerton the other day and am doing missions in the 19+ zones. It's quite a challenge but I've got the weaponry to handle them thankfully. It just sucks that it always boils down to nuts and bolts (what resource you need to craft ammo). There's a bunch more you unlock and can customize. I've got a bunch of Hero XP which I decided to place evenly throughout my characters. I could have saved up and evolved one of them but those are also the decisions you have to make. There's a lot of RPG elements with this game, with some slight tower defense (esp if you build it out that way in some levels - like yesterday a stranger and I had a really good chokepoint kill zone going on with walled off sections/traps for the floor, wall and ceiling on the main kill zone) but ultimately yeah you're shooting things. The higher leveled monsters can turn the tide of the battle if you and your teammates don't respect their presence. Overall I'm still enamored with this game lol.

The Fortnite devs put out a dev update video where they talk about a number of things but apparently there's people that are doing the "Fortnight" length of 4.5 hours in the game (the devs were surprised how many people challenged that mode) - I might have if I was higher level, it's kinda raid level stuff. Also the next community event will be "Horde Bash" (transitioning Oct 4th) where it'll be a persistent fort and waves of zombies - apparently they've done such an event before and, have with iterations from them and feedback from players, improved upon it. Also a Halloween event is in the works with a new biome to explore and such, looking forward to that.
Video Below:
https://youtu.be/3LHp9ewHUug

The horde bash mode is fun, but suffers from a good number of fuckers that join a game and then quit. There’s no way you can run one of those sessions without at least 3 people.

New update introduces Hexsylvania, Fortnite's Halloween special event. Trailer in Wiki, below & description below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfjia2IXVkk

It’s the spookiest time of the year, especially in Hexsylvania. A jam packed update with 8 new Heroes, over 20 story quests and new creatures to defend against! Play it in our 1.8 update coming October 26th.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back