Starwars Battlefront Free Season pass

wow now i really feel bad for those who paid $110-120 for this shit...
I feel bad for those who bought used Ultimate Edition from Amazon.

Bought it from BB when it's cheaper than the trade-in price of Amazon, redeemed the code and traded it in.

Nice. Picked it up s I only started playing it for a bit a month ago. Guess I'll see if any dlc is good.

It’s free on origin too
Don't quite understand the season pass on Origin. It said it requires Ultimate Edition to use the Season Pass.

But the Ultimate Edition itself is $4.99 now and its description said include Season Pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the ultimate edition when it first hit $10.  I have about 5 hours in and it's fun enough, but I just don't see the big deal.  Also, be prepared to go up against people with better unlocks than you. 

I grabbed this and want to play it some before the second one hits but with Destiny 2 and Shadow of War I doubt I will.

according to PSN Store looks like (at least on PS4) Ultimate Edition $5 price ends 9/18, but Free Season Pass good until 10/5.

I am assuming (correctly, I hope?) that if you purchase this on PS4, then you must have Playstation Plus membership to play the game?

I am assuming (correctly, I hope?) that if you purchase this on PS4, then you must have Playstation Plus membership to play the game?
It's just the season pass which includes 4 DLC, you still need the original game disc or the game itself purchased from psn, but you don't need psn plus.

It's just the season pass which includes 4 DLC, you still need the original game disc or the game itself purchased from psn, but you don't need psn plus.
Cool. I think you have to have Xbox Gold to play it on Xbox One so if psn plus isn't required to play the game itself then that's a win for me (budget wise right now). Thanks.

wow now i really feel bad for those who paid $110-120 for this shit...
Why? The game came out almost two years ago. As time goes on with paid map packs finding a game becomes near impossible to the point that the additional content one pays for becomes obsolete. Making content free after a lengthy period of time means that content is no longer obsolete. It breathes life into that DLC that it would not otherwise have. It renews value to that purchase because it means it is useable again.

Why time does the $5 sale for Battlefront Ultimate end?

**EDIT* Looks like I missed it.  Oh well.  I will look out for it again if it ever gets that low.

EA can go fuck themselves.
e94s3.jpg

Show me on the doll where EA touched you...

I was excited to download it on Saturday night/Sunday morning, but I couldn't get into any lobbies except one 40-player lobby that had like four people waiting in it. I went and played some Battlefield 4 instead.

Thanks OP, and thanks infocynic for the PS link.

I nabbed this, but not sure why cause I don't have the game and don't intend to buy it really ...

You obviously need it to play online, where the bulk of the value lies, but you can play offline against bots and complete challenges to earn better eqipment.

EA games literally sell millions of copies, but...

1w4t4b.jpg
Uh oh you mad bro? Hey I'm mad too. Let's be friends.

Just because someone doesn't drink from the hatorade you drink from doesn't make them a fanboy.
I dunno dude.. in general you're right but when a shitty corporation posing as a game company gets some well-deserved flack, and then someone responds to that flack with unintelligible meme pics, it makes one wonder.

EA can go fuck themselves.

Uh oh you mad bro? Hey I'm mad too. Let's be friends.

I dunno dude.. in general you're right but when a shitty corporation posing as a game company gets some well-deserved flack, and then someone responds to that flack with unintelligible meme pics, it makes one wonder.
Show me in that post where you gave EA some "well-deserved flack?"

I'm all for everyone's right to be a whiny bitch online, but at least explain why you're so mad at EA instead of coming in and shitposting when someone posts a helpful deal for owners of the Battlefront base game.

I have no illusions that this is just EA being nice to us. They want to infuse more players into the DLC so they can sell more copies of the ultimate edition and they essentially are done with this one as 2 is coming out soon, but it's far from EA being shitty in this particular instance.

Anyway, waiting for your rant about something EA did 10 years ago.

Show me in that post where you gave EA some "well-deserved flack?"
It's right there staring back at you: "EA can go fuck themselves." That's all there is to it, this isn't a complex philosophy debate.

Why am I mad at them? Because I like games, and EA isn't a game company.. it's a "make money at all costs and damn the gamers, the art and the industry so long as we make our $$$" company. It's an invasive species in this industry that churns out big budget half-assed crap every single year. If they were a car manufacturer, they'd sell you a car without wheels and 100% tinted windows that you would have to pay them extra $ to see through. I could go on all day but let's end it here.

Not trying to shit on anyone's helpfulness, sorry if that's what it sounded like. Just saw a deal thread for an EA game it made me think "y'know, fuck EA".

Anyway, thanks OP.

This is dead...
Wish there is a down vote for unexplained reply.

First, this deal as in topic is about the season pass, not the game.

PS Store is still saying the seasons is FREE from 9/12 - 10/5.

Origin only says limited time, but it is still available for FREE. Unfortunately, the game is now back to $29.99.

This is good even for those who bought the damn pass as now everyone is playing the same game they're planning.

By which I mean, they actually have someone to play with now. 

bread's done
Back