Finding a deal on a Playstation Move for a PS3.

maryadavies

CAGiversary!
So okay. The doc has basically told me to get off my butt. I fell off the "try to get fit" train.

Part of the problem is I like walking, but I can't when it rains without whining to go to the mall, which may not always be possible. I found a 10 minute workout on Youtube, which I've been playing with my PS3 and doing b/c I've been on my butt so long.

Was thinking, even tho I know already VR is out for me b/c of small room, since I can do aerobic workouts in my room (has to be low impact tho due to bad ankle), maybe I could get a PS3 Move? (I'm thinking the older system would have the cheaper one) Would anyone know of any good deals on it? I don't mind used, and if it's at Gamestop, I wouldn't say no either. (In that case I'd rather have it in store; we have two gamestops in town.) I figure eventually I'll need to take it up a notch, hence why I'm thinking this. ^^ I also figure, use what you HAVE.  Which is why I'm thinking PS Move since I don't want to get another system just to work out.

I don't think you'll get much exercise out of the Move. The games can be fun, but aside from standing and waving your arms, they're not super active.

You may want to consider EA Sports Active 2.0. You can select your own workouts to get around your ankle, and it will get your heart rate going. Plus it's inexpensive and doesn't require any additional peripherals that don't come with the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
That might be a option too, tho sadly according to the Amazon reviews, EA is not supporting it anymore.

Playstation Move Fitness was what I was looking at, but I'll consider EA Sports Active too if I can get one where the peripherals actually work..

That might be a option too, tho sadly according to the Amazon reviews, EA is not supporting it anymore.

Playstation Move Fitness was what I was looking at, but I'll consider EA Sports Active too if I can get one where the peripherals actually work..
The peripherals work fine, you just don't get online features. No leader boards and no group exercising. So no platinum trophy for those that crave that kind of thing.

Thelonepig: then if people are complaining about no online, I'm not worried, then. I tend not to worry about plat'ing games anyway, especially since I'm a rpg gal anyway. I care more about story/beating the game than trophies. So once I graduate off the 10 minute workouts, that might actually be a better/cheaper option.

I understand Sony has cut off online for everything but friend lists and a few apps (mostly stuff that streams music/video) for the PS3, so that is not a surprise.  I just wasn't sure what the recent, bad reviews were about. Even if EA isn't fully supporting it, if the offline stuff'll do me, that's great. ^^

bread's done
Back