* * - - - 10 votes

Gamestop Deals (FAQ in 1st post)

#451 Omni99  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

I just tried looking up that UFC 2 in my app to compare. I got $12.50 for base trade credit and $15 with elite pro

#452 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   958 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:03 PM

This is what I get under iOS.45178666-85E4-4FAF-9F11-3D321CBEADCB.jpeg

#453 Leilas_Dad   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Leilas_Dad

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Am I the only one seeing crazy TIVs in the app? Base values and pro values [base value * 1.1] don't align. Not all TIVS are off like these are but a significant number I have looked at seem to be.

Seems as though even if base to pro is wacky. Trade to cash maintains that cash price is 0.8 * TIV.

6e626ed317365b66e8f29b677656d9a6.jpg84d1a6d83926f40c716037f47ed393dc.jpg213e28cc6ea152c3d41076f7d8fae909.jpg

Are you refreshing your Saved Trades in the app? I noticed mine was doing the same thing but only if I refreshed an old trade save. When I did a fresh search for the game, the numbers would be correct.

#454 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

That my be the issue. I'll try that. Thanks.

#455 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Seems to be an issue with saves trades. Direct TIV lookup works. So I'll just delete my save trades and reenter them.

#456 Dreamcastguy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Dreamcastguy

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

I can't find this info anywhere else and Gamestop local store and customer support don't really help.

I got the Elite thing because I traded in a ton of games and I was supposed to get a coupon and "collectible" whatever that is.

So no coupon in my email or in my active offers 2 days after.

Has anyone else had this issue.  Customer support told me it took 24 hours.

#457 dkstariob   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

I can't find this info anywhere else and Gamestop local store and customer support don't really help.

I got the Elite thing because I traded in a ton of games and I was supposed to get a coupon and "collectible" whatever that is.

So no coupon in my email or in my active offers 2 days after.

Has anyone else had this issue.  Customer support told me it took 24 hours.

Wait one more day as it can take as long as 3 days.  It took about 2 days for me to get mine.  The collectible offer is just 10% off one collectible which is not that great unless you buy a high priced collectible.  

#458 Dreamcastguy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Dreamcastguy

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

Wait one more day as it can take as long as 3 days.  It took about 2 days for me to get mine.  The collectible offer is just 10% off one collectible which is not that great unless you buy a high priced collectible.  

Thanks!   It's definitely a bit underwhelming but the extra 10% will pay for itself.   I got a lot of stuff to trade in and I am sick of dealing with ebay for the stuff of lesser value / random beat up stuff in my collection.

#459 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7209 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:50 PM

He's right. They can only move the pre order over to something else and they have to call that store and move it over so the store you pre ordered takes the hit, not the store you're at.

Also, pre order % has absolutely zero to do with prestige.

After you move it could you come in another day to the 2nd store and cancel the new pre-order?  Not something I am likely ever to do but curious if that was possible.

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#460 Chargin73   Great Scott CAG in Training   37 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Chargin73

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

After you move it could you come in another day to the 2nd store and cancel the new pre-order?  Not something I am likely ever to do but curious if that was possible.

You could cancel same day if you wanted, but that will draw a lot of attention to yourself. If you really want to cancel, wait a few days and just say you changed your mind. It would also be good if you had something else in mind that you actually wanted to pre-order.

#461 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:13 AM

Not sure if anyone cares, but the Halo energy swords are down to 19.97 on clearance, which is buy one get one, so 2 swords for twenty bucks, YMMV, in store only

https://www.gamestop...gamestop/128701

WANTED: Old games- N64, Turbografx, SNES, etc. Paypal/or trade for newer xbone/ps4 games.

#462 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1672 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:30 AM

I bought a bunch of games during the buy 4 preowned sale. One of the games they sent me has the correct case but the wrong disc in it. I ordered Armored Core Verdict Day, they sent me Armored Core V. Basically I ordered the GOTY edition but got the regular version. How do you guys recommend I get this fixed? Should I bring it to a local gamestop or email gamestop directly? Anyone know their email address for these kind of problems?

#463 coolduck   super cool duck CAG Veteran   175 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:38 AM

I bought a bunch of games during the buy 4 preowned sale. One of the games they sent me has the correct case but the wrong disc in it. I ordered Armored Core Verdict Day, they sent me Armored Core V. Basically I ordered the GOTY edition but got the regular version. How do you guys recommend I get this fixed? Should I bring it to a local gamestop or email gamestop directly? Anyone know their email address for these kind of problems?

I would call instead of email, but you should be able to take the game into a store with the slip you got in the package and they should be able to replace it

#464 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4958 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:02 AM

Verdict Day isn't like a GOTY edition at all. It's a new game with new missions. The missions are much harder than in ACV because they assumed you played that already, so unless you have a friend to play co-op with in VD, you'll probably have a difficult time if you haven't already played ACV.

#465 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1775 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:58 AM

I wonder why the black DualShock 4 has a TIV of $0.01 right now... sucks because I was going to trade one in tomorrow.

#466 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1672 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

Verdict Day isn't like a GOTY edition at all. It's a new game with new missions. The missions are much harder than in ACV because they assumed you played that already, so unless you have a friend to play co-op with in VD, you'll probably have a difficult time if you haven't already played ACV.

Well regardless, I still want the game I bought.

I would call instead of email, but you should be able to take the game into a store with the slip you got in the package and they should be able to replace it

No store around me has it unfortunately. Guess I'll call. Thanks.

#467 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

Heres to hoping GS has a trade promo soon because I have a bunch of games I would like to trade in but afraid that once I do they will have a promo. 

#468 ritchardf  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

Heres to hoping GS has a trade promo soon because I have a bunch of games I would like to trade in but afraid that once I do they will have a promo. 

heres to hoping you trade your games in soon

#469 miketheplantguy  

miketheplantguy

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

GS ever do a flash sale for Friday the 13th?

Shouldn't we be getting another prestige day soon?

#470 anthonyd46   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

anthonyd46

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

No idea if this is a limited offer, but my friend said a $20 coupon for NBA live 18 appeared in his active offers making it $10. I don't see anything in mine though. I know they were giving $20 off if someone pre-ordered, which he did, but It looks like they sent an additional coupon by mistake. 

#471 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1028 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

No idea if this is a limited offer, but my friend said a $20 coupon for NBA live 18 appeared in his active offers making it $10. I don't see anything in mine though. I know they were giving $20 off if someone pre-ordered, which he did, but It looks like they sent an additional coupon by mistake.

Yes i was one of the lucky ones to get in on this

I was able to stack both coupons and get it for cheap

Still feel like i paid too much lol

#472 Omni99  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:20 PM

GameStop Facebook page says they have a buy two get one free on pre-owned Xbox one games this weekend. Just a heads up, sorry if it's been mentioned already.

Edit: They took it down. I wonder if it was because it was a mistake or because it was too early...

#473 Inferno700  

Inferno700

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

The post being taken down is frustrating as I was on my way but didn't get a screenshot of the post. Anyways, the B2G1 will be next weekend beginning the 21st.

#474 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   958 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

Good. Elite should be rolled out to everyone then.

#475 ajourneywelove  

ajourneywelove

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

Ugh. Why only XBOne games?? No love for Nintendo or PS4?

#476 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   789 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

Not much of a demand for X1 games as compared to the other two

#477 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

This may have been mentioned before, but if not I just wanted to ask if anyone else had realized that getting Elite Pro leads to a higher price on pre-owned games online?

If you bought a 19.99 game with Pro, it drops to 17.99 + CAG16 = 15.11, but that code isn't working with Elite Pro. I completely didn't consider this possibility prior to signing up. Here's to hoping the 10% trade-in bonus and other perks offset this situation, or better yet, GS allows the code to work once the program goes live for everyone.

#478 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1446 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

elite pro has not been stacking online for some reason

micbelt.png

#479 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   2823 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:41 AM

Are you refreshing your Saved Trades in the app? I noticed mine was doing the same thing but only if I refreshed an old trade save. When I did a fresh search for the game, the numbers would be correct.

That has to be one of my biggest pet peeves ever, is when a website or app is updated and functionality is screwed (not only because it worked fine before, but because subsequent updates may not even fix the issue). Freaking GameStop man. I knew there was something up when I had that same issue (except refreshed trade ins we're showing considerably higher values in my case). Between this and the elite not stacking, I would otherwise be worried, but I just know it's GameStop web/app devs sucking at their job and hopefully it will get ironed out.

Personal trade thread

"A motherf***ing bunny"

HFSjU9D.png?1

#480 effudee  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for posting this! I have the coupon and was wondering if it stacked, but was too lazy to go.