* * - - - 17 votes

Gamestop Discussion (FAQ in 1st post)

#3091 Troe123  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Yeah but I can't make your dick look bigger in Photoshop sorry

What's the point then?

#3092 pdwayne   There is no 'I' in "TEAM", but there is a & CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:55 PM

Are controllers the same? I traded in 4x controllers yesterday (wired xbox one) I got from Walmart clearance for 5 bucks. Have one more wired one I’m trading in (personal one I’ve had) to get an extra wireless.

I can use my buddy’s account if I need to, just wanted to see before trading in to make 5.

Accessories work the same way. I found out the hard way last year when I traded in 7 move controllers. (Thought they 4x limit was just games) Banned the next day 😀

Nintendo Network ID: Dwayne    (yes, I actually got my first name!)

Xbox Live: bco

Currently playing: Halo 5 multiplayer, a lot!

#3093 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5476 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

LOL Ripstop is advertising the upgrade your console promo with the $50 bonus trade in on consoles and yet they go an bump up prices on used consoles $30 overnight....

The shit practices with this place never end...

#3094 Feeding the Abscess   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3251 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Feeding the Abscess

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

https://slickdeals.n...by-location?v=1

Now on clearance for as low as $169 at Walmart. It will sell out fast.

Grabbed for in-store pickup, I imagine I'll have to be a prick to get the $169 price since it wasn't applying that price at checkout after displaying $169 both on the site and in-app.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#3095 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:17 PM

Some stores are now reducing the price to $169 then when you go to the page with the TV, it goes technical difficulties. After 1 minute, the store pickup changed not $169 anymore. 

#3096 The Stache   I remember when GCU was $120 CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

The Stache

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

LOL Ripstop is advertising the upgrade your console promo with the $50 bonus trade in on consoles and yet they go an bump up prices on used consoles $30 overnight....

The shit practices with this place never end...

Unless you were wanting to upgrade the same day (although most people would), you could just wait until the trade-in promo ends, and then they'll change the prices back down.

It's kind of like how they take games that are normally $2.99 (such as Destiny or NBA 2K14) and bump them up to $4.99 when there is a 4 for $10 deal.

#3097 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Yeah but I can't make your dick look bigger in Photoshop sorry

I bet you could in GIF format though!

#3098 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6509 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

I bought a headset about 10 days ago and kinda want to return it. Anyone know if it’s still possible?

#3099 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

I bought a headset about 10 days ago and kinda want to return it. Anyone know if it’s still possible?

I'm betting the return policy printed in bold on the back of your receipt knows the answer. ;) You can return open accessories within the 30 days, they just put it back out with a 10% discount on it provided you didn't annihilate the box.

#3100 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6509 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

I'm betting the return policy printed in bold on the back of your receipt knows the answer. ;) You can return open accessories within the 30 days, they just put it back out with a 10% discount on it provided you didn't annihilate the box.

Ah so headsets do count as accessories?

I assumed it was just for controllers

#3101 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

Maybe someone can help me, I know the FAQ, and Ive been around a bit, in the case of a ban, if you try to trade something in to see if you are still banned and you are, does that trigger another 90 days?

And, I think today is last day for holiday returns, what was the first day or purchase window/time frame for holiday buying/returning?

thx in advance for any help

WANTED: Old games- N64, Turbografx, SNES, etc. Paypal/or trade for newer xbone/ps4 games.

#3102 mikespit1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

My PUR membership ends in a few days. If I pay off my bayonetta 2 pre order in full before then will i get the points?

#3103 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

Hadn't seen this elsewhere on the forum but apparently the ad has a misprint and is offering Injustice 2 preowned for 14.99.

Probably YMMV as all hell, but my store honored it.

#3104 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   633 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

Hadn't seen this elsewhere on the forum but apparently the ad has a misprint and is offering Injustice 2 preowned for 14.99.

Probably YMMV as all hell, but my store honored it.

Yeah it's definitely YMMV. It's supposed to be Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition in the ad. They corrected it online but not in-store it seems.

I'm just trying to keep it together over here...

#3105 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

My PUR membership ends in a few days. If I pay off my bayonetta 2 pre order in full before then will i get the points?

Points happen when you pick up preorders.

#3106 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:15 PM

Maybe someone can help me, I know the FAQ, and Ive been around a bit, in the case of a ban, if you try to trade something in to see if you are still banned and you are, does that trigger another 90 days?

And, I think today is last day for holiday returns, what was the first day or purchase window/time frame for holiday buying/returning?

thx in advance for any help

No reset on 90 day ban that I know of.

"Any product purchased between 10/1/17 and 12/24/177 may be returned with receipt by 1/15/18. Product must be in resale condition. Package for new product misty be unopened. (Not available for DLC/POSA purchases.)" - from gamestop receipt

#3107 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:13 AM

Yeah it's definitely YMMV. It's supposed to be Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition in the ad. They corrected it online but not in-store it seems.

That's what they said yup. "But it's in the ad so we'll honor the price if you want to buy it."

Hadn't PLANNED on it, but...okay!

#3108 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14056 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

Points aren't until after purchase.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#3109 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14056 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Last chance for high TIV on Zelda LBW & Mario 3D Land on 3DS as they are becoming Greatest Hits in 2 weeks.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#3110 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2971 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:41 PM

Hey guys, I haven't been trading (or doing much) at GS the past couple years, but I stupidly never used my points and let my PUR Pro expire. The points are expired now, and I don't think I can just get them back by renewing my membership, so is it just a done deal for my points? TIA.

#3111 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

Hey guys, I haven't been trading (or doing much) at GS the past couple years, but I stupidly never used my points and let my PUR Pro expire. The points are expired now, and I don't think I can just get them back by renewing my membership, so is it just a done deal for my points? TIA.

I believe I’ve read people say they expire with a year of inactivity and are just gone.

#3112 sasukekun   Cat-Like Typing Detected CAGiversary!   6703 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

I believe I’ve read people say they expire with a year of inactivity and are just gone.

This is true. Doesn't matter if you have a active PUR or just basic account.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#3113 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2971 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

This is true. Doesn't matter if you have a active PUR or just basic account.

Yeah, it's been >1 year without using my card (just used it last week), so I'm guessing they're gone for good. Lost out on a lotta points, but oh well. Guess I'll learn from that.

Thanks guys.

#3114 MakaveliLPC   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

MakaveliLPC

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

anyone know if i can extract a list of all trade-in values from their website? I'm trying to find the list of all games that have a base $30 trade in value. I know COD WW2 is one, but looking for a few others. 

#3115 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3243 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

anyone know if i can extract a list of all trade-in values from their website? I'm trying to find the list of all games that have a base $30 trade in value. I know COD WW2 is one, but looking for a few others. 

No. But you could just type in the platform into the games category and sort it by value.

0bmqfY1.png

#3116 MakaveliLPC   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

MakaveliLPC

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:47 AM

deleted tahapeace

#3117 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2486 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:56 AM

Thanks man!

FYI, if you guys are elite pro and have a b2g1 coupon that might expire, there's a good credit earning opportunity.

COD:WW2, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe all earn $48 in trade in credit with the 60% bonus for trading in 4 or more games. they only cost $44 preowned with elite pro. you can essentially convert your b2g1 coupon into $50+ credit with no out of pocket expense if buying with previously accrued credit.

I just got back from the store and did this in addition to buying an additional copy with PUR $XX preowned reward certs and trading it back in immediately.

You bought a game and traded it right back in? Ignorant.

644690.png

https://www.gofundme.com/newhomeforpam - even social media shares help!

#3118 MakaveliLPC   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

MakaveliLPC

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:23 AM

You bought a game and traded it right back in? Ignorant.

i checked the faq and googled and didnt see anything that could get me banned. and the store said it was cool so idk, i think i should be fine.

#3119 woozie2  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:41 AM

i checked the faq and googled and didnt see anything that could get me banned. and the store said it was cool so idk, i think i should be fine.

So you not only traded in their own products to them, but you even did it in the same location? The balls on this guy :-

#3120 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:45 AM

Do not do stuff like this.