* * - - - 17 votes

Gamestop Discussion (FAQ in 1st post)

#3181 Kyle1022  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:04 AM

Well, none of those people work for me and Thorbahn does. Also, I know Thorbahn has CAG’s best interests at heart, EVEN THOUGH HE MADE A MISTAKE.

My interactions with BB have led me to believe he is not a good person with CAGs best interest at heart. Good people don’t troll charity theads and mock other users. Good people don’t make insulting avatars of other members. Good people don’t follow others posts around cag and troll them. Good people don’t treat you like shit when you treat them with respect. Good people don’t take their ball and go home when they Fuck up.

Hope this answers your questions. Theee users have emailed me and gotten their accounts back.

Was blackbeard ever warned for any of that behavior? I visit CAG quite often and can’t say that I ever saw you or another moderator tell him to quit it.

And you seem to be zeroing in on blackbeard for some reason when others were banned as well. What does anything you said have to do with Ferrari Racer (who is still banned as of this post), for example? I’m aware that all he did was post/quote those disruptive messages to deter sensitive info from getting out.

So Ferrari Racer did nothing malicious and got banned with no warning, despite being a longtime contributor. And you don’t even know if he saw your offer to email you to be allowed back. I’m sure Ferrari Racer isn’t the only one of the banned people in this situation. Surely you realize this is a bad solution you’ve come up with? Why not unban and warn them instead (banning them later if they break the rules again) when it is clearly the more sensible solution? Is it really worth losing longtime contributors to the site over an impulsive banning, when you literally don’t even know if they’ve seen you extend your “olive branch” of sorts?

#3182 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   18073 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:08 AM

I agree with you about Ferrari and emailed him immediately upon locking his account. BB stands for bye-bye as far as I’m concerned.  In addition to all the other stuff he did, I don't think a guy like BB who created alt-accounts including one impersonating/mocking a moderator (along with all the other shit) needs a warning.  He knows exactly what he is doing.

Again, I gave BB everything he asked for and the end result was toxicity.

#3183 ritchardf  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:20 AM

hmm, cue "another one bites the dust"

#3184 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:26 AM

You are free to criticize my workflow but again, you are fighting for people who don’t want to be here. Has anyone contacted you saying they have been unfairly banned? I haven’t.

I had people calmly explain their situation and get their accounts back. No begging required. Why? They want to be here. One user (Ferrari) I reached out to personally via email.

I'd bow to someone to get Ferrari back.  Don't make me start a gofundme or some shit.

#3185 wargod1212   Banned Banned   3 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

wargod1212

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:29 AM

Thank god someone listened to me around here and banned BlackBeard's toxic ass, he was a bitch to new members and was bringing the community down with his sense of entitlement and elitism. Good riddance!

#3186 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:35 AM

Thank god someone listened to me around here and banned BlackBeard's toxic ass, he was a bitch to new members and was bringing the community down with his sense of entitlement and elitism. Good riddance!

Wow great 1st post man you really help out the community, I hope I see you post all the time

#3187 kross036   Going home to be a family man. CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:47 AM

Lol, if this guy doesn't get banned I'm done at this point.

#3188 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   18073 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:02 AM

Maybe he’s one of Blackbeard’s alts, trying to throw me off

#3189 ck0  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:07 AM

thanks CheapyD for keeping this place in tip-top shape.  

get rid of all the toxicity.  some members here feel it necessary above all else to put others down, and make it an unwelcoming place.  when they should be helping new, inexperienced CAGs

#3190 Chuck Stank   People are fucking stupid. CAGiversary!   1169 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

So apparently, as long as you contribute to the site, you can act like a jackass and be an elitist prick ala blackbeard.

#3191 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7107 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:50 AM

Hope this answers your questions. Theee users have emailed me and gotten their accounts back.

I'm on Tapatalk, which doesn't show who's banned and who isn't very neatly like the normal site does, but I'm curious about both, really. Is there a list of who was banned and who has been unbanned?

#3192 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

i don't have a side in this but god damn that shit posting was annoying as hell. i shouldn't have to put up with that and i wish there was a solution that satisfied everybody. there's good contributors in this thread and i'm not talking about the exploit posts.

#3193 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:02 AM

Been a member of the forums since 2004.  It has always been my go-to place for video game related deals.  I thought Blackbeard and Ferrari Racer made significant contributions to the forums and revitalized activity.  I found the gifs to be hilarious and entertaining.  I never felt like I had to kiss BB's rear end to get access to the sheets.  It was a simple PM to him and boom it was done.  People are complaining that the sheets should have been open to the public because they are "easy" to create, but this was BB's work product so it was up to him on how to distribute it and I didn't see no one else putting in the time to make sheets available to the general public. The requirements for sheet access was reasonable and he was very timely in his responses even though I'm sure he was flooded with tons of PMs.  

It's a shame that the parties can't just have open dialogue and clear the air.  I do think something like this could have been avoided and still can be remedied if people just set aside their pride.  

#3194 The Rodfather   Mafia Don of Frugalness CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

The Rodfather

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:21 AM

Whoa stuff got real.

#3195 Diesoft  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

Oh, so you are calling me a liar now?  Awesome.  Users were dragging Thorbahn and he overreacted, making a mistake which was very quickly corrected.  Not everyone reacts well to being bullied (nor towards our twitter users being harassed by these guys), especially since he was just doing his job (posting deals on Twitter).  There was no damage done and efforts were made to make sure the mistake didn't happen again. 

Actually, I want to bring some light here and ask this question: Is any person in this whole drama actually employed to do this? 

I'm asking this because anybody who posts gaming deals on their own time is just doing it as a hobby and wants to include others. That's part of the whole point of CAG, I thought, and I know I've saved a lot of cash and gotten great deal info because of this place. 

I just wanted to point that out because maybe a few people need to remember we're having fun with vidya games. Letting us all know about deals with games: good. Bullying and harassing people you deem beneath you: bad.

#3196 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:35 AM

Don't forget the $5 Big Box is back at Popeyes for a limited time

#3197 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11601 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:44 AM

tenor.gif?itemid=5610222

#3198 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   954 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:01 AM

Been a member of the forums since 2004. It has always been my go-to place for video game related deals. I thought Blackbeard and Ferrari Racer made significant contributions to the forums and revitalized activity. I found the gifs to be hilarious and entertaining. I never felt like I had to kiss BB's rear end to get access to the sheets. It was a simple PM to him and boom it was done. People are complaining that the sheets should have been open to the public because they are "easy" to create, but this was BB's work product so it was up to him on how to distribute it and I didn't see no one else putting in the time to make sheets available to the general public. The requirements for sheet access was reasonable and he was very timely in his responses even though I'm sure he was flooded with tons of PMs.

It's a shame that the parties can't just have open dialogue and clear the air. I do think something like this could have been avoided and still can be remedied if people just set aside their pride.

100% Agree

#3199 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:23 AM

This the deal that I have been waiting for. Fuck GS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3200 wargod1212   Banned Banned   3 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

wargod1212

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:41 AM

Lol, if this guy doesn't get banned I'm done at this point.

Why would I get banned? I did nothing wrong at all.

#3201 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   18073 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:46 AM

Actually, I want to bring some light here and ask this question: Is any person in this whole drama actually employed to do this?

It's a shame that the parties can't just have open dialogue and clear the air.  I do think something like this could have been avoided and still can be remedied if people just set aside their pride.

A few CAGs like BB are power traders and are treating it like a job which is perhaps why tensions run high. There is a lot of $ to be made if you put in the time and energy. Maybe they were overly paranoid about the public seeing their goodies. Honestly, I have no idea why some of these guys acted out. I’ve pretty much done everything they ever asked and treated them with respect.

Perhaps some CAGs just were not able to get over being very briefly banned by Thorbahn. Perhaps they resent that he runs our popular twitter account. Perhaps they resent me for any number of reasons but it’s certainly not how I treated them. I always listened to their criticisms and took action that they seemed to be satisfied with.

#3202 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:50 AM

Traded some games I had laying around and bought a tv at GameStop.   :D/

#3203 The Rodfather   Mafia Don of Frugalness CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

The Rodfather

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:06 AM

Perhaps some CAGs just were not able to get over being very briefly banned by Thorbahn. Perhaps they resent that he runs our popular twitter account. Perhaps they resent me for any number of reasons but it’s certainly not how I treated them. I always listened to their criticisms and took action that they seemed to be satisfied with.

I can answer this one for you. There is no perhaps. They resent Thorbahn getting by unscathed. He didnt just abuse power - he was a straight up turd.

#3204 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:10 AM

Traded some games I had laying around and bought a tv at GameStop. :D/

No one cares. This thread is for drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3205 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   18073 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:27 AM

I can answer this one for you. There is no perhaps. They resent Thorbahn getting by unscathed. He didnt just abuse power - he was a straight up turd.

1) they were straight up turds first
2) what abuse of power? There was no damage done to any users except for their egos. Nobody’s accounts were deleted and nobody’s posts were erased. A few users who harassed my staff and our twitter followers lost access to their account for a very brief period of time and had their insulting posts hidden. If they can’t get over that after I personally reached out to them, they should move on.
3) even after all that the users continued to harass Thorbahn, myself, and other users. These aren’t nice people responding reasonably.

#3206 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:36 AM

I don't even know who was doing what, just that some people were being obnoxious and posting really long unrelated posts to take up space. Which, no surprise is annoying and pointless. Its called spam is frowned upon for good reason on forums. Fairly simple, straight forward, and a staple of most any sort of forum, its not like its some really arbitrary unusual rule/etiquette that came out of left field.

#3207 astros75  

astros75

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:53 AM

So Blackbeard and Ferrari are gone?

#3208 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:55 AM

yeh

#3209 ritchardf  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:57 AM

dont worry, we still have icemagician and gameguy2!

#3210 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:04 AM

dont worry, we still have icemagician and gameguy2!

Yeah that's right I'm cool but  Fuck gamerguy2 tho