* * - - - 17 votes

Gamestop Discussion (FAQ in 1st post)

#3211 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

As a spectator of previous arguments/drama, I am dissapointed this thor guy will be around. Hopefully the new site changes will encourage me to visit more often but ill just stick to following cag on twitter for the most part.

Your disappointed Thor is still around but you follow his Twitter? Ok

#3212 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17646 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

And yet again, not once were these people warned. You could have simply changed the offenders’ avatars to the default picture and sent them a message saying “knock it off.” And you could have done the same with the walls o’ text messages. But instead you delete their accounts with no warning.

Ok, then...let’s consider this the warning!
If you were banned, this serves as your warning. If you want your account back just email me at cheapyd@gmail, acknowledging the receipt of this warning. Let me know what you will do to prevent that behavior from happening in the future. If I think the user is sincere I give them their account back. But, like I said before...these guys do not want to be here.

#3213 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5948 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, thought that was really weird too.

#3214 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

Would appreciate it if CAG Twitter didn't post exploits and glitches, turning into SD here

#3215 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1103 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

yikes! Didn't know he was the marketing guy or simply the guy running the twitter account.

#3216 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

yikes! Didn't know he was the marketing guy or simply the guy running the twitter account.

Absolutely and it's the stem of all the backlash whether cheapy admits it or not. I'm sure more prominent members would enjoy taking the mantle but he must do it for free or something. The shenanigans starts there

#3217 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

I'm seeing multiple saved trades were the regular value is higher than the pro value.  It's kinda crazy.  And it's been like that for weeks.

Has anyone else seen this?

Yes. Just search for the games again. It's some kind of bug.

#3218 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17646 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:15 PM

Absolutely and it's the stem of all the backlash whether cheapy admits it or not. I'm sure more prominent members would enjoy taking the mantle but he must do it for free or something. The shenanigans starts there

I mean i wrote this so I guess I admit it https://www.cheapass...ost/?p=13930226

Thor does a fantastic job with the Twitter account and happened to be having a bad day when a bunch of CAGs went a little overboard and started harassing him and @videogamedeals followers. The guys who were banned deserve a second chance but not thor?

#3219 NatiRedGals   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

NatiRedGals

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

Is this Game of Thrones? That's my throne, no mine, mine, mine. Keep it in your pants boys

#3220 Kyle1022  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

If you were banned, this serves as your warning. If you want your account back just email me at cheapyd@gmail, acknowledging the receipt of this warning. Let me know what you will do to prevent that behavior from happening in the future. If I think the user is sincere I give them their account back. But, like I said before...these guys do not want to be here.

I’m sorry but what a weaksauce “solution.” Imagine doing something like this in a workplace, or in an apartment complex. One guy gets warned while five others get fired/kicked out, and told “If you kiss up to me then you can come back.” Surely you can see the discrepancy with which you treated thorbahn last summer, and how you’re treating the banned people now.

#3221 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

Very sad turn of event. First DS now BB. Guys who kept this site alive.

#3222 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5948 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

If their accounts are banned, how would they know they can bow down via email to get them back?

#3223 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:29 PM

I’m sorry but what a weaksauce “solution.” Imagine doing something like this in a workplace, or in an apartment complex. One guy gets warned while five others get fired/kicked out, and told “If you kiss up to me then you can come back.” Surely you can see the discrepancy with which you treated thorbahn last summer, and how you’re treating the banned people now.

A real TrumpyD maneuver. People have complained about certain mods for awhile now and since they are boys with the head enchilada, they get free reign. Its his world but without contributors, its not much of a world.

#3224 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:31 PM

You banned DS and BB but not Twitter/Instagram???!!  

CUM ON!!!!!!

#3225 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17646 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

I’m sorry but when guys are spamming walls of text I ban first and ask questions later. I guess you would do it differently?

I’ve already been contacted by 3 users and unbanned them. No bowing.
  • ck0 likes this

#3226 Kyle1022  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:42 PM

I’m sorry but when guys are spamming walls of text I ban first and ask questions later. I guess you would do it differently?

I mean, yes, that’s what I’ve said in several posts now. What’s so wrong with deleting the messages and PMing the users (or posting in the topic) to knock it off, and that further violations will result in a ban? I’m sure most people would agree that’s a much more sensible solution than going on a banning spree. Including you, since as you say, you’re already walking it back and unbanning people.

#3227 kross036   Going home to be a family man. CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:44 PM

RIP CAG, we hardly knew ye

#3228 AFarewell2Arms   We President Now CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

If their accounts are banned, how would they know they can bow down via email to get them back?

Maybe they took thorbahn's advice and made another account and pretended to be someone else.

#3229 bawlsack   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

#FreeFerrariRacer

#3230 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17646 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

My method is much faster and the end result is the same. People who act badly don’t seem to mind being slightly inconvenienced if they get their account back.

#3231 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

I'm seeing multiple saved trades were the regular value is higher than the pro value. It's kinda crazy. And it's been like that for weeks.

Has anyone else seen this?

Usually if you clear out the saved trades and redo that will resolve the issue. But please stay focused on the ensuing and escalating drama.

#3232 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:50 PM

If by end result you mean hastening the death of this site...yes.

#3233 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5884 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

RIP CAG, we hardly knew ye

A bit late but it's appreciated.

#3234 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17646 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

If by end result you mean hastening the death of this site...yes.

If clearing out jerks leads to the end of CAG, I’m fine with that.

#3235 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5948 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

That's a surprisingly all-in approach, and I can respect the conviction even if it doesn't seem the slightest bit smart. GG.

#3236 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

So thorbahn is getting banned too? Sweet

#3237 AFarewell2Arms   We President Now CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:10 AM

So thorbahn is getting banned too? Sweet

Got 'em!

#3238 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17646 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

if I had $1 for everytime some predicted the end of CAG over the last 15 years...

I mean really, if something ended after 15 years that seems like a pretty damn good run to me. I certainly wouldn’t be embarrassed by any of my actions on CAG whether or not they lead to its end.

#3239 Kyle1022  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

My method is much faster and the end result is the same.

By “much faster” are you factoring in the time you’ve spent explaining and damage controlling the ban-spree decision on here and social media? Because it seems like you’ve spent pretty much your entire Saturday doing just that.

And the end result clearly is NOT the same. I’m sure you knew that some people on pride alone weren’t going to be proactive and email you, begging for forgiveness. Hell, since they were banned here I’m sure a lot of people won’t even see or know about your offer. Nor should they even have to email you. They should get a warning just like thorbahn did.

#3240 Kyle1022  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

And thorbahn is still here because...?

Oh, because he was warned and fixed his behavior. Which is the same treatment that the people banned today should get. They should not have to be the ones to reach out to you and kiss up to be let back on the site. And as I said before I’m sure a lot of people didn’t even see your post since they were banned, and won’t have the opportunity to do what you offered.