* * - - - 17 votes

Gamestop Discussion (FAQ in 1st post)

#3331 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5847 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

Yep I agree, Blackbeard is just a douchebag to others who didn't kiss his ass for his sheets. Thank you CheapyD for banning the trolls and making CAG great again.

Which part is great? The lack of deals posted, the twitter account that autogenerates everything posted (including shitty deals) or the low users / high lurkers rates?

#3332 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5537 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:39 AM

Which part is great? The lack of deals posted, the twitter account that autogenerates everything posted (including shitty deals) or the low users / high lurkers rates?

Don’t forget to mention IATCG’s 500 alt accounts. He seems to have one for every pound he weighs...

#3333 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17634 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:50 AM

I’d like to see CAG evolve to include tools such as trade sheets, brickseek, etc.

With all due respect, i don’t use twitter so that aspect does not help my personally be a cheapassgamer, but better tools would be of great value

Yes, I’ve talked to John about this already. We will solicit feedback from you guys when he gets to this part of the 4.0 update.

I don’t know, that twitter account has over 14k followers and over 800k monthly tweet impressions. That seems pretty great for a bot. The main twitter account is about to hit 200k followers and 40,000,000 monthly impressions so in comparison not really that great I guess. I think what I’m saying is both twitter accounts are good and compliment each other.

Also, I’d challenge you to find many forums around as long as this one that are:
1) still online
2) not sold off
3) not hurting because of social media’s (and smart phones) rise

#3334 Mostly Human   Turtle Soup CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:25 AM

Deals are always slow after Christmas, people complaining don't know how things work at retailers.

#3335 coolrust   Kupalizm Mode CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

coolrust

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:17 AM

Yep I agree, Blackbeard is just a douchebag to others who didn't kiss his ass for his sheets. Thank you CheapyD for banning the trolls and making CAG great again.

lol, you're calling a person who made a big contribution/impact to cag a troll. probably bitter coz of denied access to sheet. most of new member probably joined because of the sheet.

#3336 DaimonMasaru   Burn in my fist, DigiSoul! CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

DaimonMasaru

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

I got access by JUST ASKING and BB isn't an douchebag regarding the sheets....

#3337 hotwheels68  

hotwheels68

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:41 AM

Yes, I’ve talked to John about this already. We will solicit feedback from you guys when he gets to this part of the 4.0 update.

I don’t know, that twitter account has over 14k followers and over 800k monthly tweet impressions. That seems pretty great for a bot. The main twitter account is about to hit 200k followers and 40,000,000 monthly impressions so in comparison not really that great I guess. I think what I’m saying is both twitter accounts are good and compliment each other.

Also, I’d challenge you to find many forums around as long as this one that are:
1) still online
2) not sold off

Sounds like you're raking in the dough, fam. RichyD in the house.  :D/

#3338 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:48 AM

If iatcg is going to just keep making new accounts why not just unban his old account?

#3339 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17634 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:51 AM

I got a cordial email from Blackbeard in which he apologized for the way he acted. I accept his apology and we both agree it’s best if he moves on. I’m sure I speak for my than just myself when I thank him for his past contributions and wish him good luck moving forward.

#3340 phantomphoenix   Make It Loud! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

phantomphoenix

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:56 AM

Ferrari has contacted me and has been unbanned.

The real reason Cheapy reached out and unbanned Ferrari was because Cheapy realized otherwise, he'd have to make lists, that one day (Black Friday).

#3341 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:14 AM

I got a cordial email from Blackbeard in which he apologized for the way he acted. I accept his apology and we both agree it’s best if he moves on. I’m sure I speak for my than just myself when I thank him for his past contributions and wish him good luck moving forward.

I would love to see that email.

#3342 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17634 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:19 AM

The real reason Cheapy reached out and unbanned Ferrari was because Cheapy realized otherwise, he'd have to make lists, that one day (Black Friday).

I was going to take my 14 Black Friday-related deal threads i found during a quick search and link to them here in the creative way you did but then I decided that would be a colossal waste of time.

EDIT:  I now realize you linked to a CAGcast and not to FR's BF post and think you were making a joke.  My bad.  In case you (or anyone else) are serious....  I'm happy to make the BF post.  In case it matters, last year, FR hit me up way ahead of time to see if he could make the BF post.  Thanks for listening to the CAGcast!

I would not share a personal email like that without his permission. Surely someone from here could get in touch with him and get it direct, but I tend to believe its not intended for public view.  I could be wrong.

#3343 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5847 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:02 AM

1) still online
2) not sold off

Yes, the twitter account is doing better than the site. My comment was for this site in general but still.

And SlickDeals (1999), GottaDeals (2004) and Blu-Ray.com (2002, this is where many ads are posted first) (albeit the latter 2 aren't as successful forums as they are websites in general). But you're right, these sites have grown with more social media, not hurting because of it but using it in conjunction with their site.

My point for the previous comment was the site wasn't doing too great before and this situation isn't helping it as they suggest it will. I hope CAG continues to grow but the current state is proving it won't (from my point of view that is).

Don't get me wrong though, it's a great accomplishment what CAG was, where it started and what the community was. This comment isn't to you specifically but to those that think all of this will make CAG what it use to be instead of pushing it to further decline.

#3344 Mrclarkkent  

Mrclarkkent

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:14 AM

the king is back!
#likeapheonix

#3345 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:34 AM

Wrestling gifs please and Sportscenter headlines

#3346 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7548 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:06 AM

c9MK8hk.jpg

#3347 Ratmonkey  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:44 AM

I can't tell if this thread makes me

popcorn_the_it_crowd.gif

or makes me

original.gif

#3348 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   1015 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

My god, you people are childish as hell. Get over it, he's gone! CAG survived just fine before him and will do great without him. All of you people just need to leave already or shut the hell up and get on with your lives.

#3349 Wrectifyy  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

Yes, the twitter account is doing better than the site. My comment was for this site in general but still.

And SlickDeals (1999), GottaDeals (2004) and Blu-Ray.com (2002, this is where many ads are posted first) (albeit the latter 2 aren't as successful forums as they are websites in general). But you're right, these sites have grown with more social media, not hurting because of it but using it in conjunction with their site.

My point for the previous comment was the site wasn't doing too great before and this situation isn't helping it as they suggest it will. I hope CAG continues to grow but the current state is proving it won't (from my point of view that is).

Don't get me wrong though, it's a great accomplishment what CAG was, where it started and what the community was. This comment isn't to you specifically but to those that think all of this will make CAG what it use to be instead of pushing it to further decline.

I don’t know if any of us can truly judge if the site is doing great or not, from a business perspective. We don’t know what Cheapy is generating from his affiliations, ads, and what not. I hope he’s doing quite well with it.

#3350 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5847 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

I don’t know if any of us can truly judge if the site is doing great or not, from a business perspective. We don’t know what Cheapy is generating from his affiliations, ads, and what not. I hope he’s doing quite well with it.

Not judging it as a business though I'm sure its low users (and lurkers) attribute to lower ad generated profits.

I'm judging it as an active community that post deals. It isn't active as it once was and deals aren't even posted here anymore (for the most part). Sucks that for a while people came for the GameStop trades, AWD, and constant new Dela threads. Those are pretty much gone and its forums are pretty much empty and active users that contributed deals are leaving or being banned.

But whose to say that you new people and registered lurkers (not you specifically) can't pick up where us users left off and post deals instead of complaining that others are complaining of what it once was.

#3351 Flippingfordays   Flip god CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Flippingfordays

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

Guess this is the gamestop thread until there is a new thread for the cagversity lounge =/ sad how things are turning out

#3352 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17634 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

I think some of you guys think about about my finances more than I do. Thanks for your concern but everything is fine in that department. Nobody needs to play armchair web analyst on my behalf.

I had a phone meeting with a guy who owns a HUGE HUGE forum and we discussed how the vast majority of forums are suffering, closing, and being sold off for much less than they were worth 5 years ago. I’m not saying that I couldn’t have done a better job but this is something that most forums are dealing with these days. Social media and smartphones has taken a large bite out of forums popularity in general.

Guess this is the gamestop thread until there is a new thread for the cagversity lounge =/ sad how things are turning out

Wednesday, I think.

#3353 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3201 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Is there a thread for financial advice?  A few years ago, I got nervous when my bitcoin hit $20 apiece, so I sold it and bought Enron stock.  I'm wondering what my next move should be.

#3354 Ibacai  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

So, I know my join date is June/July of last year. I know I’m seen as part of the “downfall” of CAG. I know what I say holds less weight than most everyone else.

But....

What I don’t understand is why people are saying CAG is now dead because of the fallout here. Or that it has become a shell of what it once was because of the loss of the those that were banned. I just don’t get it.

Having followed this thread though, the ones that were actively trying to stop any talk of deals or flips here are the ones being lamented. I’m confused by that logic. I know it’s a catch 22 because the more “things” get out the more companies change to combat them. But then it just comes back to the fact that stopping deal talk killed parts of this community as much as the loose lips did.

No one is “innocent” here. And it’s not going to go back to the way it was, it can’t, the market is changing. We’re going to have to change with it. I wish B.B. and the rest would come back and we could all move forward, but I think that’s a pipe dream.

Two cents from a shitty member who tries to contribute but is slow on all the deals.

#3355 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Is there a thread for financial advice? A few years ago, I got nervous when my bitcoin hit $20 apiece, so I sold it and bought Enron stock. I'm wondering what my next move should be.

Mars REIT's

#3356 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12395 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

you think "Blu-ray.com" is individual owned? Hahaha. You think a major group of studios would allow a fan to keep, run and make money from such a unique website address like Blu-ray.com? Hahahahahaha

#3357 ck0  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

Social media and smartphones has taken a large bite out of forums popularity in general.

Yeah dude, I got that feeling too - just as a forum user.  For some reason I heard that Discord is gaining in popularity, but I just don't see the appeal.  Life is too busy to be hanging around a chat room.

#3358 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

you think "Blu-ray.com" is individual owned? Hahaha. You think a major group of studios would allow a fan to keep, run and make money from such a unique website address like Blu-ray.com? Hahahahahaha

i'm pretty sure they just got to the domain name first. brilliant move, honestly.

#3359 Alexpguy  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

*** Actual GS deal***

New 3DS XL w/ Mario Maker and Lego SW: FA for $109.99. I just bought this on sale last week when it was $129.99 and the system was in like new condition. Plus the games are $26 base tiv combined.

https://m.gamestop.c...urbished/156235

#3360 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

i'm pretty sure they just got to the domain name first. brilliant move, honestly.

They did. It's why they can get away with ripping movies to shreds with bad reviews.