Best Buy: $1 off ANY games w/ in store pick up

poker360

Banned
This is something that i have seen work in the past for movies, but never noticed it working on games. I've tried multiple games already released as well as pre orders and it works fine.

Basically, choose shipping in your cart and then at checkout it will say save $1 with in store pick up.

Makes pre orders 46.99, or a dollar off any game. Tried it on a game less than 10 bucks and it still took the dollar off.

If old, I apologise I've just never seen this before on games.

UOOIsS8.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually known about this for a while and it works on more than just games, the problem is that it's very finicky.  It seems to be like they're using it to change a customer's mind on their order, as an incentive to pick up the item in the store rather than having it shipped to you.  So you have to add it to you cart for shipping first and it's during the checkout process where you see it give you that offer.  If you choose to pick it up directly from the cart, you won't get the offer.  Plus, it's very hit and miss on pre-orders, I usually find it only works if the item is already released.

I've actually known about this for a while and it works on more than just games, the problem is that it's very finicky. It seems to be like they're using it to change a customer's mind on their order, as an incentive to pick up the item in the store rather than having it shipped to you. So you have to add it to you cart for shipping first and it's during the checkout process where you see it give you that offer. If you choose to pick it up directly from the cart, you won't get the offer. Plus, it's very hit and miss on pre-orders, I usually find it only works if the item is already released.
Yea, that is how it has been in the past for me. I just pre ordered 3 games though and received the discount.

Interesting. They refused to give it to me on my last three preorders (White Day, RE7: GotY, Senran Kagura: PBS).  Eh, it's just a buck each, but it would be nice if they'd be more consistent.

Yes, I realize it’s only a buck but never knew about this before — even for movies. Guess that’s probably because I always choose store pick up right away. Now that I know the trick to ship it first, I’m gonna do this.

Just placed an order for Shadow of War and it worked just fine.

Hey, those dollars add up.

Thanks OP!

Thank you.  I always do pick up in store unless they don't let you so I never noticed that before.  $1 is a dollar and it is off each item so it adds up sometimes when I'm buying a few items.

Don't understand why some folks are being dicks on this thread. It's a good thing to know, and a $1 saved is a $1 earned pretty much.

Thanks for pointing this out but it’s never worked for me before and I always choose SPU. I’m afraid of picking shipping and accidentally clicking place order trying to get to screen where they beg you to change your mind.

Also, lol, that $1 is the true cost to ship crap that size.

A buck isn't even worth my time to drive there, let alone go into the store, but good for bulk purchases I guess.

Don't understand why some folks are being dicks on this thread. It's a good thing to know, and a $1 saved is a $1 earned pretty much.
This isn't really a deal. It's literally a teeny tiny bonus. If this were a prize on Let's Make a Deal it would be followed by a zoink noise. If someone made a Best Buy thread and then this was added to the front page or the FAQ section, then that would actually be great to know. To do that you would need a community , which goes hand and hand with the owner, mods, and members all working in unity. But we've all seen what happens when the members of this website try and actually help the website.

I have always opted for shipping even though I drive by the Best Buy almost daily.  Thanks for the heads up, for a dollar I'll stop in and grab it.

Still need to pre-order all the big fall games for pickup, I'll use this method when I do. Thanks OP for saving me some credit!

So much negativity on here. Times have changed.

Glad I could help some out.

This isn't really a deal. It's literally a teeny tiny bonus. If this were a prize on Let's Make a Deal it would be followed by a zoink noise. If someone made a Best Buy thread and then this was added to the front page or the FAQ section, then that would actually be great to know. To do that you would need a community , which goes hand and hand with the owner, mods, and members all working in unity. But we've all seen what happens when the members of this website try and actually help the website.
Sounds like a project for ya, bud!

I'm really not sure why so many of you are being dicks... yes it's only a dollar but jesus, it's not like it's a bad thing to save a buck if you have the option and plan to pick it up anyway. 

With some items, especially collectors editions, I'd rather go my BBY rather than know they're gonna ship it in a fucking bubble mailer. 

Now that's a good one. :)
The reason why I didn't make a brand new thread about it last Wed & only posted about it in the Weekly Ad thread last wk was coz its not for everything in store. It has to be on stuff from the Weekly Ad. Also people probably would've said its so measly or whatever just like here too. Plus its not an immediate discount just like all those times I posted about the SYWR pointsback promo from GS or BBY orders

I dunno.  It works out in my favor.  Bestbuy is less than five miles away from my office, on my route home, so I usually choose in-store pickup on anything that's not a pre-order, simply because it's quicker and easier to swing by on the way home than wait two days for it to show up via shipping.

Interesting. They refused to give it to me on my last three preorders (White Day, RE7: GotY, Senran Kagura: PBS). Eh, it's just a buck each, but it would be nice if they'd be more consistent.
It's not always going to work on preorders since stores don't get everything. White Day seems to be online only.

This is definitely something that's going to save them millions in shipping. ;)

It's not always going to work on preorders since stores don't get everything. White Day seems to be online only.

Yep, give a customer $1 off to save an average of probably $5, no brainer.

Hey Tyrok, speaking of online-only things... This is slightly off-topic, but what does it mean exactly when something shows as "Sold Out" on the website? Does it mean that it's just a temporary thing or that they're never, ever, ever going to get it back in again?

I held off on picking up the RE movies partially because they weren't that great and partially because I wanted to wait until they were all done and then just buy the box set. But when the box set came out and they didn't include the 3D versions, I said "screw it" and figured I'll just get the 3D versions of what I can and the special Pop-Art steelbooks (a Bestbuy Exclusive) of the rest. I have everything now except Apocalypse which is not at my store and has been showing as Sold Out on the website for months with no way to order it. Curiously enough, a couple days ago, it went on sale for $14.99 (previously $17.99) even though there is still no way to buy it. :(

If only my nearest best buy wasn't like 30 miles away

Nice deal, but i'll stick w/ amazon no-rush shipping for $1 off digital items.

Hey Tyrok, speaking of online-only things... This is slightly off-topic, but what does it mean exactly when something shows as "Sold Out" on the website? Does it mean that it's just a temporary thing or that they're never, ever, ever going to get it back in again?

I held off on picking up the RE movies partially because they weren't that great and partially because I wanted to wait until they were all done and then just buy the box set. But when the box set came out and they didn't include the 3D versions, I said "screw it" and figured I'll just get the 3D versions of what I can and the special Pop-Art steelbooks (a Bestbuy Exclusive) of the rest. I have everything now except Apocalypse which is not at my store and has been showing as Sold Out on the website for months with no way to order it. Curiously enough, a couple days ago, it went on sale for $14.99 (previously $17.99) even though there is still no way to buy it. :(
It probably just means Sony isn't going to make any more to supply Best Buy's distributor. I believe Steelbooks have to be purchased in a certain amount and they don't expect to sell enough to justify making more. The 3 $10 ones right now are only that cheap because they are available in stores in Sony's deal section.

Thank OP, must be new I didn't see it as a option a week when I preordered Super Mario, but see it now when I tried to preorder Wolfenstein 2, $1 dollar saved, plus if BB does Midnight opening I'll be able to get it the day on Thursday. :bouncy:

It only works if you put the item for shipping in your art first and then switch to in store pickup after going to your cart.

bread's done
Back