* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy: $1 off ANY games w/ in store pick up

#61 Captain N The Game Master  

Captain N The Game Master

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

Save a dollar only to have no one at in store pick up, then fumble Fuck around for 20 minutes finding your game. No thanks.

#62 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1348 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:56 AM

I've never had an experience like that...  Usually there's at least one person manning to the counter and they tend to find my item right away...  I usually do in-store pickup instead of just grabbing it off the shelf because I'm in and out faster than waiting in a regular checkout line...

#63 B-Man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:02 AM

This is also useful to those of us who need to use in-store pickup because UPS destroys our packages otherwise.

#64 YawnAmuroYawn  

YawnAmuroYawn

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:00 AM

This thread is still on the first page? Will wonders never cease!

#65 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8846 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:35 AM

imo its a better deal on if you buy in bulk and buy cheaper games/blurays/dvds. not so much a waste of gas then.

#66 sonicnewboy  

sonicnewboy

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:25 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I did not know this! I'm glad because I live less than a mile away from one, and I like to walk into the store and pick it up as opposed to having it shipped to my house days later. Will be taking advantage of this :)

#67 LucaBlight  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:32 AM

Just a heads up with this, when shipping Best Buy seems to use the cheapest tax bracket in your state, whereas your local store may be higher. I attempted this on a $48 game and the tax difference was $1 more to pick up in my local store vs. shipping, thus nullifying this bonus.

#68 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15253 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:38 AM

Is this a joke. It's $1 off. I make $1 every 1.6 minutes at work.

#69 poker360   Banned Banned   1917 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

cool story bro

#70 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1348 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

Just a heads up with this, when shipping Best Buy seems to use the cheapest tax bracket in your state, whereas your local store may be higher. I attempted this on a $48 game and the tax difference was $1 more to pick up in my local store vs. shipping, thus nullifying this bonus.

I can't speak for where you live, but in New York, they use the tax bracket of wherever you ship the item. My mom lives in an 8% county and I live in a 7%, and have shipped things to both places, and they adjust the tax accordingly.

#71 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8262 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:49 PM

Save a dollar only to have no one at in store pick up, then fumble Fuck around for 20 minutes finding your game. No thanks.

Store pickup at the BB by my house is really good.  Right by the front door.  Never had an issue.  The one near my job is over by customer service.  Can always find someone to help but not nearly as nice as having it right at the front door.

#72 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

If I don't get 5 cents off for my canvas bags at Target I get piiiiiissssssed.

This is cheapassgamer get the Fuck outta here with your humblebrags about your salary. This deal is for us serfs who want the absolute lowest price - even if it's just a dollar less.

#73 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15253 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

If I don't get 5 cents off for my canvas bags at Target I get piiiiiissssssed.

This is cheapassgamer get the Fuck outta here with your humblebrags about your salary. This deal is for us serfs who want the absolute lowest price - even if it's just a dollar less.

$1 AND some 5 cents off? Oh hell yeah boiii, someone's going dollar menu splurging tonight!

#74 gd224  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:50 AM

The Best Buy closest to my house is like this all the time. Went in there last Friday to pick up Project Cars 2 and waited for 15 minutes only for them to tell me to come back tomorrow since we haven't got it of the order yet. I'll end up going to any other Best Buy before going to that one ever again.

Edit: Also I pre-ordered it 3 days before for in store pickup too.

#75 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

Did they stop this? Just tried South Park and Friday the 13th and the discount didn’t show.

#76 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3046 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

Did they stop this? Just tried South Park and Friday the 13th and the discount didn’t show.

I'm still seeing it on both of those.

#77 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

I'm still seeing it on both of those.

Hmmm weird, so I messed with the Best Buy app a bit and it seems to be an opt-in kinda thing only for me - meaning the offer only activates if I select shipping first and only then does the $1 off indicator appear for in-store pickup. If the order defaults to in-store, there is no discount for me until I swap back and forth between shipping and in-store.

#78 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

The Best Buy closest to my house is like this all the time. Went in there last Friday to pick up Project Cars 2 and waited for 15 minutes only for them to tell me to come back tomorrow since we haven't got it of the order yet. I'll end up going to any other Best Buy before going to that one ever again.

Edit: Also I pre-ordered it 3 days before for in store pickup too.

Not trying to combat you on this, but did you get a confirmation? For in-store pickup orders placed online, they notify you when it’s ready to go... not sure if they offer the same service for preorders placed in-store.

#79 nietzsche74   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1720 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

nietzsche74

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

OH BOY!

#80 gd224  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:43 PM

Not trying to combat you on this, but did you get a confirmation? For in-store pickup orders placed online, they notify you when it’s ready to go... not sure if they offer the same service for preorders placed in-store.

Yep got a confirmation and everything too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk