* * * * - 5 votes

Redbox Games On Sale

#961 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:41 AM

I will always cherish my Redbox Edition Transformers Devastation.

maxresdefault.jpg

#962 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11155 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:53 AM

I will always cherish my Redbox Edition Transformers Devastation.

maxresdefault.jpg

One of my local GameStops has been cherishing mine for a while now. :)

#963 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2239 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:33 AM

None of the Redboxes around me have had video games available for sale for at least 2-3 days. RIP

#964 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3364 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2020 - 02:13 AM

Anybody else get the Redbox email with 60 days free Gamefly rentals?

#965 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11155 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:10 AM

Anybody else get the Redbox email with 60 days free Gamefly rentals?

Yup.  The email has a (probably unique) code in it that expires 4/30/20 at 11:59.

Sender - Redbox <no-reply@email.redbox.com>

Subject - Exclusive Offer for Redbox Customers

#966 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:32 AM

I was just thinking the other day how Redbox may regret getting rid of video games this year with what happened. A lot of people at home seems like they'd want to rent a game and stay home and play it and you don't even have to enter a store or be within 6 feet of someone to rent it. But on the other hand their selection was always kinda meh, or maybe that's just my perception since a lot of games that come out today are kinda meh to me.

#967 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11155 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:59 AM

I was just thinking the other day how Redbox may regret getting rid of video games this year with what happened. A lot of people at home seems like they'd want to rent a game and stay home and play it and you don't even have to enter a store or be within 6 feet of someone to rent it. But on the other hand their selection was always kinda meh, or maybe that's just my perception since a lot of games that come out today are kinda meh to me.

While this is true, you would have to provide your own way to sterilize that nasty ass screen or risk getting what the last 20 people that touched that screen have.

#968 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:15 AM

While this is true, you would have to provide your own way to sterilize that nasty ass screen or risk getting what the last 20 people that touched that screen have.

True but isn't that still the case right now with movies at Redbox? I mean AFAIK they are still running although I haven't looked lately. 

Like if I could I'd go rent Doom Eternal right now .But renting games locally doesn't really exist anymore. I don't care for gamefly.