snes classic O F F I C I A L thread

but these things won't be hard to find trust me. erry store is gaytting at least 20,at $80 it's not that cheap

I got lucky: my BestBuy order arrived at 8 AM this morning, Thursday 8/28.  Was able to pick it up from local post office.

I also have one at BB for local pick up (I ordered one each way since I basically don't trust them with big time pre-orders).  They really came through.  Prob just gonna cancel that one so someone else can have it :)

Did anyone from the US order one of those Amazon UK SNES units?  I like that look!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got lucky: my BestBuy order arrived at 8 AM this morning, Thursday 8/28. Was able to pick it up from local post office.

I also have one at BB for local pick up (I ordered one each way since I basically don't trust them with big time pre-orders). They really came through. Prob just gonna cancel that one so someone else can have it :)

Did anyone from the US order one of those Amazon UK SNES units? I like that look!
i did but sold it on ebay for $100 profit

gotta get a couple of us ones for my other customers

Who is chessnerd, I can't put a name on him but I know he's been banned more than once. He mispells the same words with the usual banter.

My walmart had a bunch and only a few showed up. The one across town I went afterwards had nobody there and they had plenty behind the counter.

did the $99 for the bundle with the book off GS, cause I kind of wanted the book anyway so it worked out! 

Still available as of right now if you wanna do the same.

I'm not sure if I did. I got stuck on the order page and my Paypal has it under pending. It has all the necessary info there though.
Yeah it took quite a while for the processing page to move to the confirmation page. Hope you get it, though!

This isn't even worth the hassle of the refreshing for this little plastic box. What a shit company to make buying a product such a hassle. This is why I never and will never buy from Nintendo. I'm not sitting here for twenty minutes refreshing so I can give a company my money. Bunch of bums...

Yeah it took quite a while for the processing page to move to the confirmation page. Hope you get it, though!
Yeah by the time I got something to load I was back to an empty cart :/

I did get a confirmation email from Paypal, just no confirmation of any sort from Thinkgeek. Heh gotta love crashing sites n' what not.

I was just at walmart and i showed up and would have gotten one, but there were 50 other people there. All were resellers. fucking scumbags.
Wow. You asked them ALL and they ALL said they were reselling? Are you sure you’re not just lashing out because you suffer from snooze-ya-lose syndrome? I’ll bet you one of my extra SNES Classics that they weren’t ALL resellers. Relax and breathe. Try TRU or maybe Best Buy in the morning. Or Fry’s Electronics if you have one in your area. There’s plenty more places you can still be too late to get one at.

Yeah by the time I got something to load I was back to an empty cart :/

I did get a confirmation email from Paypal, just no confirmation of any sort from Thinkgeek. Heh gotta love crashing sites n' what not.
i hacked into ur cumcount and its in ur order history

i hacked into ur cumcount and its in ur order history
Heh, thanks. I guess it went through ok, but I have no order history because I it was my first time using them and I didn't want to spend time trying to make an account. Just clicked Paypal button once it was in my cart. But since others had a similar experience I assume mine is alright, they have my paypal and my address and all that fun stuff.

I just would have felt better if I had landed on an order confirmation page instead of an empty cart hehe.

Edit: Saw in another thread where they said their order confirmation emails are going out and Paypal notice should mean it was completed.

Wow. You asked them ALL and they ALL said they were reselling? Are you sure you’re not just lashing out because you suffer from snooze-ya-lose syndrome? I’ll bet you one of my extra SNES Classics that they weren’t ALL resellers. Relax and breathe. Try TRU or maybe Best Buy in the morning. Or Fry’s Electronics if you have one in your area. There’s plenty more places you can still be too late to get one at.
I wasn't even there lol. Guess my sarcasm didn't come across. lol

I wasn't even there lol. Guess my sarcasm didn't come across. lol
Your language was not of sarcasm. People tend to not throw out obscenities when being sarcastic. You had a completely serious tone. No biggie though. Misunderstandings happen all the time online, just maybe consider word choice or just not try to come across sounding whiny and douchey.

Heh, thanks. I guess it went through ok, but I have no order history because I it was my first time using them and I didn't want to spend time trying to make an account. Just clicked Paypal button once it was in my cart. But since others had a similar experience I assume mine is alright, they have my paypal and my address and all that fun stuff.

I just would have felt better if I had landed on an order confirmation page instead of an empty cart hehe.

Edit: Saw in another thread where they said their order confirmation emails are going out and Paypal notice should mean it was completed.
I just did a refresh a few minutes ago and it was in stock, I was able to check out but experienced pretty much what you have. I guess I'll find out if it's valid or not.

*edit* I got an order confirmation and its in my order history. I think I got it?

6:20 am at New York's Long Island city Best Buy, there are about 50 ppl waiting on a chilly 58 degree early morning. No words on how many units they have it stock. If you're just now reading about this, my advice is don't come to this place. And i assume the same goes for all of Best Buy in the east coast. In the west coast, better wait in line now at 3:30 am

Update : its 7am now, and the line grew longer and around 100 ppl.

KDn3lFl.jpg

Swung by Target close to my house on a whim and should get a SNES. 47 in inventory, only 16 in line. Opens in an hour and line hasn't even reached 35. I'm worried that vans full of a-holes will join line holders up front, but I guess we'll see.

San Diego people. As of right now, at 4:19 in the morning at the National City toys r us there are 25 people in line for the snes classic. They have 42 consoles available. They open at 10. At midnight i was number 10 in line.

thinkgeek charging for shipping? those pieces of fucking shit
I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, lame. I was about to click Place Order but I still have some dignity.

Amazon better not screw us over.

"We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate"

Umm, the product is launching today, Amazon.

Delighting the customer would have been delivering today.

Failing that, the least you can do is provide an educated delivery estimate.

Anybody have a delivery estimate on their Amazon order?

I got mine at thinkgeek a little under an hour ago luckily.  It's 5 something for shipping that's not a big deal, even if its supposed to be free.

Ouch lots of horror stories. Walmart was so easy last night.

Thinkgeek actually has a disclaimer on the product page, not valid with sitewide and shipping promos.

bread's done
Back