Super Mario Run 50% off through October 12th (Android or iOS) (Better than SNES Classic)

CheapLikeAFox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1483 (100%)
Get all the fun of an SNES Classic at a fraction of the cost.  To celebrate a new update or mode or something you can unlock the full game for 50% off (or only $5) through October 12, 2017.

You have to do the tutorial and tap on a toad or something to get to the in-app purchases and do the unlock.  

They made a better platform game than I've ever played on mobile, but it still isn't a game I enjoy. You're not supposed to play platform games without buttons...

I bought the game for $10 before the huge update and more than got my money's worth. For $5 with the Remix 10 mode added in, it's a no-brainer. I've spent probably over 100 hours playing Super Mario Run and will definitely keep playing since they added the Remix 10 mode. It's awesome! And this is coming from someone who hates touch controls on games. They just work so well with this one

went from "$10? no thanks, that's real game price territory!" to "$5 with many new updates/features since the last time I heard about it?, sold!"

as an added bonus: I finally found something worthwhile to spend all of the MyWorthlessNintendo Platinum coins on!

250 for 10 tickets

140 for 3,000 coins!

300 for gold mario/bowser/peach statues

Last edited by a moderator:
Wake me up when it hits $0.00. Not so I can buy it though, I just need a cheap laugh.
If you got android, download Google opinion rewards - free play store credit for doing quick multiple choice questions. I still got $35 after buying a few apps, Mystery Layton, and this game.

I bought this, but it still bothers me that I can't really play it on my daily commute using the subway, since the game requires an active internet connection. Oh well.

Typical play session:

* Play a level through with pink coins and get them all after a try or two

* Play Easy Mode on purple coins (infinite time/lives) to find all the purple coins and plan out path

* Play regular mode on purple coins to get purple coins (few tries)

* Play Easy Mode on black coins to find the places they hid the suckers and plan out a path

* Play regular mode on black coins, curse the lack of ability to go back and get that coin just missed because the enemies setup for the jump only reset when the level resets, rail on Nintendo for making a Mario game that has bad controls meaning that it's not really a Mario game, and then finally finish the level with black coins

* Then go play Remix 10 and be happy

Repeat tomorrow.

Figure I'll get through it all eventually.  Remix 10 is fun.  Pink and even purple coins are fun.  The control limitations of jump-only controls are really glaring in black coin mode, though.

I'd buy this, if only I could pay with the $5 in Amazon Credit I have saved in my Wallet.

Can't even buy Google Play gift cards for face value.

Since it's in in-app unlock, does that mean it's pretty much limited to a single device?  I'd get it if I can play it on my phone, but also put it on the kids' tablets too.

Ah someone deleted that post about getting a free $30 I'm Google play. Doh

I was going to use that to buy this too but don't know how to get it.

Is this the game where super Mario runs?
Deal is dead unfortunately :( RIP

But yes, like almost every Mario game except the kart games and few other exceptions, Mario does run in this one. The main difference is he runs forward only and autoruns, though you can do some wall jumping to replay small sections of the game and use your cloud power up to rewind the stage and re-do areas to reach coins you may have missed.

He also jumps in this one.

Played through it ... honestly, didn’t have the same appeal as the DS mario games. Felt hollow and repetitive after the initial excitement of Mario on iOS wore off. Wouldn’t recommend it for $5 let alone $10.

Started out strong but quickly recycled assets into a set pattern of levels. No story, much like the original game, and minimal innovation. Rally mode and the remix are so-so and the kingdom building game is just meh.

Wouldn’t worry too much if you missed it. Only good in short bursts but lacks staying power.

Played through it ... honestly, didn’t have the same appeal as the DS mario games. Felt hollow and repetitive after the initial excitement of Mario on iOS wore off. Wouldn’t recommend it for $5 let alone $10.

Started out strong but quickly recycled assets into a set pattern of levels. No story, much like the original game, and minimal innovation. Rally mode and the remix are so-so and the kingdom building game is just meh.

Wouldn’t worry too much if you missed it. Only good in short bursts but lacks staying power.
Agreed. It's kind of fun for a while and I like the main levels and collecting the different coins. Everything else is really lackluster though. I'm already a little bored of it.

bread's done
Back