People who buy up all the stock to flip them on eBay are the dregs of society

Moonbathing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I want to buy my nieces Fingerlings for Christmas.  Here we are, with 3 months left to go until Christmas, and stock is already sold out in stores and online.

Meanwhile, there are plenty available on sites like eBay for drastically inflated prices because greedy assholes bought up all the stock so they could take advantage of people and flip them for a profit.

And retailers who let people buy more than one of these items, knowing full well people who do are only going to re-sell them, are equally to blame.

All I want is one of each of the two playsets at normal retail price.  Is that too much to ask?

If hell exists, I hope they have a special wing just for people like this.

If people would just have patience and not buy whatever it is being flipped then the market for this behavior would be less.  Of course that is easier said than done when morons willingly open their wallets/purses for things and don't care the cost.  

Limits help, but don't solve the issue entirely.  There is always a workaround for this.  I've seen it in the gaming market as well as the ammunition market back when .22 caliber ammo was very scarce.  People paying others just to stand in line and pay for it with money they had been given prior.  To not have a limit on something that is known to be highly sought after is a garbage move by any retailer no matter the item.  

In the end its all business and every single major retailer has the same fundamental goal to make profit, just like the flippers.  More crap is given to the flippers trying to make profit because the increases in that profit are so much higher than what any retailer will have on a few items.  Same goal and same results, it's just the volume is different.  Yeah, it sucks, but can you blame someone for doing it if people are willing to pay the insane prices?  I don't like it, but I can't say that I blame them for it.  In the end it always falls to the consumer to dictate the market and which way it goes.  We as the consumers have to have more patience and restraint on paying high prices in the secondary market, but as I said that's easier said than done when Sally has to buy the love and affection of her kids/family with overpriced crap.

I want to buy my nieces Fingerlings for Christmas. Here we are, with 3 months left to go until Christmas, and stock is already sold out in stores and online.

Meanwhile, there are plenty available on sites like eBay for drastically inflated prices because greedy assholes bought up all the stock so they could take advantage of people and flip them for a profit.

And retailers who let people buy more than one of these items, knowing full well people who do are only going to re-sell them, are equally to blame.

All I want is one of each of the two playsets at normal retail price. Is that too much to ask?

Cry more. If you truly loved your nieces, you'd just buy from eBay.

Murderers, rapists, thieves. Sorry but there are far worse people. Get over it man. If you don’t like capitalism then you are in the wrong country. Everyone buys and sells things for profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to buy my nieces Fingerlings for Christmas. Here we are, with 3 months left to go until Christmas, and stock is already sold out in stores and online.

All I want is one of each of the two playsets at normal retail price. Is that too much to ask?

what ones is she looking for?

So did you even try to line up 30 minutes before stores opened on Friday? Cause pretty much everyone who made this minimum effort managed to snag at least 1. Some even got it just from walking in shortly after stores opened. SNES Classic was nowhere considered hard to get compared to many other high demand items.

The real question is: what the fuck are fingerlings?
Fingerlings-Baby-Monkeys-equal-friendship-at-your-fingertips.jpg

The people on eBay are doing you a favor by eliminating such crap, btw... I some available at TRU.com.

How are you contributing to society? Not that I'm fond of people that resell but you could blame the ones that condone it too by buying such merchandise.

The guys dumb as his post, I will give him the benefit of the doubt if stock suddenly appeared in the last 8 hrs but I found them at TRU, Gamestop, Walmart, and Target.com.

Gamestop and TRU seemed to have the biggest allotment, I don't know wtf he's talking about.

The guys dumb as his post, I will give him the benefit of the doubt if stock suddenly appeared in the last 8 hrs but I found them at TRU, Gamestop, Walmart, and Target.com.

Gamestop and TRU seemed to have the biggest allotment, I don't know wtf he's talking about.
You are full of shit. I checked toysrus.com and target.com all day yesterday and they were never in stock. And walmart.com doesn't even stock them aside from 3rd party sellers.

So did you even try to line up 30 minutes before stores opened on Friday? Cause pretty much everyone who made this minimum effort managed to snag at least 1. Some even got it just from walking in shortly after stores opened. SNES Classic was nowhere considered hard to get compared to many other high demand items.
This may be a hard concept for some people to understand, but I actually have a job I need to be at which does not afford me to stand outside of stores all morning in hopes to get a toy that would otherwise be available any time if it weren't for greedy assholes.

Uh huh. Obviously, I deserve to go to hell for committing such a heinous act against humanity.
You take advantage of people out of greed. That's pretty heinous by my book. Obviously your standards aren't as high.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may be a hard concept for some people to understand, but I actually have a job I need to be at which does not afford me to stand outside of stores all morning in hopes to get a toy that would otherwise be available any time if it weren't for greedy assholes.
Real Nintendo fans asked for the 29th of September off.

I don't know. It was a lot of fun to buy all the Fingerlings I could find here to flip.

I donated some to the hurricane relief efforts.

There's a lot of entitlement coming from you OP. Did you stand in line and wait, did you go to a store once it opened, did you check online pre-orders, did you save up the money to buy any, did you even attempt to get one? The only people that "deserve" one is the people that actually tried to get it. If you didn't, than too bad. I'm sure you'll survive without your toy to sing you to sleep.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the hate for scalpers but no one is entitled to these things. Food, water, electricity, gas, that's a different story but some toy that you'll forget about in a month, you'll live.

Real Nintendo fans asked for the 29th of September off.
The OP was complaining about another product, not the SNES Classic, if you read more than just the title of the thread you'd know this. However, you are right, they should have waited on it like anyone else or found someone to make the efforts of obtaining it themselves.

OP, honestly trying to complain about scalpers, doesn't make a difference, they are the types of people who have no compassion for others. Would you really want a single corporate business man to take advantage of scalping if everyone was against it? No, that is why most people do it, because why let a single ring of scalpers provide a service of obtaining a high sought item. There are some things in life not entirely understood and require a deeper understanding. Bottom line, you snooze, you lose. Just be patient and persistent on checking for stock.

Congratulations on actually having a job. That means that surely you can afford to buy your precious toy on eBay.

You are full of shit. I checked toysrus.com and target.com all day yesterday and they were never in stock. And walmart.com doesn't even stock them aside from 3rd party sellers.
They were in stock last night when I checked, I just couldn't believe something so dumb be sold out. Gamestop still has pick up in store or check availability for most.

Walmart did have 2 in stock when I checked, the rest were third party sellers, Target only had one.

Should have taken pictures last night but here you go for Gamestop.

The OP was complaining about another product, not the SNES Classic, if you read more than just the title of the thread you'd know this. However, you are right, they should have waited on it like anyone else or found someone to make the efforts of obtaining it themselves.

OP, honestly trying to complain about scalpers, doesn't make a difference, they are the types of people who have no compassion for others. Would you really want a single corporate business man to take advantage of scalping if everyone was against it? No, that is why most people do it, because why let a single ring of scalpers provide a service of obtaining a high sought item. There are some things in life not entirely understood and require a deeper understanding. Bottom line, you snooze, you lose. Just be patient and persistent on checking for stock.
Real fingerling fans would of asked for the release day off work, I did.

Seems the only fingerlings of value are the exclusives thanks to Chinese knock-offs. My TRU is too far for all this nonsense lol.

What a great idea to post to every Craigslist in the country. (If you're not standing in line waiting to buy an SNES-C, you should have enough time to do this instead.)

Simple solutions here. Either put in the tiny bit of effort or use some semblance of foresight (if you think something might sell out soon, put in an order) to make the purchase, or forget it ever existed. Bitching and moaning doesn't do anyone any good. Whenever I want something, whether it's the SNES classic, a Mondo poster, or something else, I manage to get it. If I'll be working and can't, I forget it exists. Simple. 

Fingerlings aren't even really worth reselling, they are going for $22-25 on ebay.

I saw Best Buy had them in stock yesterday.

This has been happening since basically the beginning of time when it comes to toys however more recently its been happening because apparently there is a stigma that if a child doesn't get the exact toy they want for Christmas they call their parents bad parents and say they  hate them and parents are buying these toys to passify their kids so they do not get called bad parents. Respect seems to be a thing that is completely gone from society today. Teach your children or your nieces and nephews or other relatives love and respect and you will not need that one specific toy on Xmas morning that cannot be found anywhere just so you do not get called a bad parent. Yes I know you want to be the cool relative but there are other ways to accomplish that. There are also plenty of other toys that you can buy kids besides this one.

If its 16.99 in stores and $20-25 on ebay that is not a big price difference, in my state you would be paying $19-20 for it with tax anyways, so that's a couple bucks more for piece of mind... not really a big deal in this case. Also its a plastic toy so they could easily flood the market before XMas... you still have time to find them.

bread's done
Back