amazon jp super famicom mini now live

Got 1! Consider its basically no higher than a USD unit. think 79+tax+free shipping

The mod/hack will be incoming soon enough, so no worries for most.
If you're just going to use pirated roms then what is the point of buying an SNES classic at all? You can put those roms on plenty of other cheaper and more powerful devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I setup a tracker on Nowinstock.net and everything and I still did not get a email or text - nothing!  I am so pissed right now!!!  

Just curious, for anyone who bought one from the US, what was the shipping charge?
$26.29 USD. System + AC adapter + 18 LE post card set. An extra $13.30 in shipping for an AC adapter, and 18 LE post cards? lol. My total came out to just under $109. Thankful either way.

Did yours come with the 18 LE post card set?
No. When it was first posted (even before the link in the second post of this thread saying it was in stock), it was showing unavailable for me for some reason. So I just got the standard. So possibly those extras that you got drove up the cost which is pretty ridiculous. Maybe the postcards are heavy lol.

When I tried to order earlier when still in stock and sold by AmazonJP it would not let me check out because it said cannot ship to my US address. How were you guys able to order with an US address?

When I tried to order earlier when still in stock and sold by AmazonJP it would not let me check out because it said cannot ship to my US address. How were you guys able to order with an US address?
did you have a amazon jp accout? cause when you tried to order it was probably a third party seller

did you have a amazon jp accout? cause when you tried to order it was probably a third party seller
I had used my US log in information and it defaulted with my address so I assumed all is good and did not have to change anything maybe thats the issue ah well to late now anyways since is oos. It did say AmazonJP was the seller.

I had used my US log in information and it defaulted with my address so I assumed all is good and did not have to change anything maybe thats the issue ah well to late now anyways since is oos. It did say AmazonJP was the seller.
it was probably your log in, you need a japan amazon account. cause i have two one for japan and the other for the rest of amazon

The mod/hack will be incoming soon enough, so no worries for most.
If you're just going to use pirated roms then what is the point of buying an SNES classic at all? You can put those roms on plenty of other cheaper and more powerful devices.
Was going to say the same.

Been playing NES, SNES, GBA, MAME, PSX... games on PC, PSP and Vita (and even Nokia N900), haven't tried the emulators on Android phones though.

To me, it's just for fun to see what I can do with those devices and how good they emulate. Those retro games were good for their days, but definitely don't worth the price they charge now. I'd rather play other backlog modern games.

Well, that's like asking why buy games in general, when often most buyers here never play them to begin with. So I don't know that logic is really the order of the day around here, but to each his own. And I didn't say anything about pirating anything, as it would be easy enough to swap the games in the unit, for the "English" equivalents, and not really be stealing or pirating anything.

Once again, the end users choice. I'm sure some will, and some won't. The same way some pirate games now, while others don't, I was merely pointing out ones options, and nothing more.

EDIT: I'm also pretty sure that most people who are willing to pay money for what is pretty much an emulation device, with "N" branding on it, already have most of the games offered in many forms across many devices. So once again, I don't know that anyone would be pirating anything.

Well, that's like asking why buy games in general, when often most buyers here never play them to begin with. So I don't know that logic is really the order of the day around here, but to each his own. And I didn't say anything about pirating anything, as it would be easy enough to swap the games in the unit, for the "English" equivalents, and not really be stealing or pirating anything.

Once again, the end users choice. I'm sure some will, and some won't. The same way some pirate games now, while others don't, I was merely pointing out ones options, and nothing more.

EDIT: I'm also pretty sure that most people who are willing to pay money for what is pretty much an emulation device, with "N" branding on it, already have most of the games offered in many forms across many devices. So once again, I don't know that anyone would be pirating anything.
If someone is buying the unit as a collectable then they probably won't open it. The fact that it has Japanese versions of the games and the fact that it can be modded are both irrelevant.

But if someone is buying the system to play why would they be fine with downloading roms to use on an SNES classic but against downloading roms to use on other devices? And if they are fine with downloading roms on everything what is the advantage of an SNES classic? I'm genuinely very confused as to why anyone would want to hack an SNES classic.

But if someone is buying the system to play why would they be fine with downloading roms to use on an SNES classic but against downloading roms to use on other devices? And if they are fine with downloading roms on everything what is the advantage of an SNES classic? I'm genuinely very confused as to why anyone would want to hack an SNES classic.
Well, the classic does show vintage games in true HD, and has some other nice bonus features(the SNES has a rewind feature the NES Mini didn't), but yeah, not much really. I'll assume most want it for the specific branding that matches the original offerings.

The Super NES/Famicom is probably my favorite system of all time, and I came close to ordering the classic, and thought better of it, as I knew I would never use it. As I personally have other(better) means to play everything offered, and I also didn't want to be a part of the normal madhouse surrounding these "N" offerings. Which turns in to this :wall: , more often than not. LOL

I've kind of wondered that as well.  A Raspberry Pi is cheaper, plays multiple systems, has multiple controller options including wireless, save states are less cumbersome and is a better option if you want to hack something for more games.  However, there is a tad more controller lag using the Pi option if you are into purity or speed runs.  The addition of the rewind is great on the Classic, but it likely won't be long until something similar is added to the Pi emulators.

The Classics are nice if you want a quick plug and play option and don't want to mess with any technical stuff.

bread's done
Back