• :xb1: :ps4: The Evil Within 2 $59.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: Friday the 13th: The Game $39.99
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: Destiny 2 $49.99 Save $10
  • :xb1: :ps4: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare $39.99 Save $10
  • :3ds: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia $34.99 Save $5
Everything Else:

• Xbox One S 500GB Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels Bundle $279.99
  • Save $10 on an Xbox One Wireless Controller when you buy an Xbox One Console
  • Save $5 on an Xbox One Play & Charge Kit when you buy an Xbox One Wireless Controller
  • Save $10 on 3-Month or 6-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership when you buy an Xbox One Console
  • Free Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege download code when you buy an Xbox Live 6-Month Gold Subscription
  • Free Resident Evil 7 when you buy a PlayStation VR (Excludes PSVR Bundle)
  • Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tournament Wired Gaming Headset $169.99 Save $30
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Baby Driver $19.99 Save $5
  • Baby Driver 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $29.99 Save $2
  • The Beguiled $22.99 Save $2
  • The House $22.99 Save $7
  • Pilgrimage $16.99 Save $3
  • Wish Upon $19.99
  • The Peanuts Holiday Collection 4K $34.99

Man, I want to pick up Friday the 13th but I'm thinking it'll be $20-$30 come BF. Gotta sit it out
It sounds like a lot of fun but seeing the gameplay videos it looks pretty bad, at least the MP portion. Really, really amateurish but I'm sure it's a blast so I'm waiting for BF or beyond too.

So that confirms it.

Zero deals on Shadows of War.
Really not sure why in the hell you would want to support more Devs who are trying to push microtransactions. Every reviewer has said you have to grind needlessly for 40-60 hours to get all the shit you need to see the true ending of the game unless you buy in game credits for it. Stop supporting this sickness that is infecting the gaming industry that is Pay to win Microtransactions.....Speak with your wallet and dont but this shit or Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Really not sure why in the hell you would want to support more Devs who are trying to push microtransactions. Every reviewer has said you have to grind needlessly for 40-60 hours to get all the shit you need to see the true ending of the game unless you buy in game credits for it. Stop supporting this sickness that is infecting the gaming industry that is Pay to win Microtransactions.....Speak with your wallet and dont but this shit or Star Wars Battlefront 2.
I have heard the opposite, that the transactions arent needed at all. Im gonna support these Devs cause they make fun games, and not support them thru the microtransaction.

I have heard the opposite, that the transactions arent needed at all. Im gonna support these Devs cause they make fun games, and not support them thru the microtransaction.
That is not true, yes you can play it without the lootboxes and such but to get the TRUE ending of the game you have to endlessly grind for 40-60 hours or buy loot boxes....watch this video if you do not believe me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-61uMtjcSz0

Honestly I don’t see the problem with a 50hr game. I recall putting 100+ in games like final fantasy. And never gave it a second thought. Maybe I’m alone on this but I like play value not replay value. I guess I don’t often start my games over after completion.

Honestly I don’t see the problem with a 50hr game. I recall putting 100+ in games like final fantasy. And never gave it a second thought. Maybe I’m alone on this but I like play value not replay value. I guess I don’t often start my games over after completion.
The problem isnt so much a 50-60 hour game, the problem is that the ending of the game is locked behind tedious grinding that is not story or side quest related. And if you dont think this is an issue or a problem moving forward then your a highly naive. This is only the beginning, pretty much every game is doing loot boxes now and when those loot boxes give a competitve edge in PVP or lock out an entire ending of a game behind them like with Shadow of War it is a gigantic problem going forward because when does it end, when does the line get crossed if you think this is ok then companies are going to continue doing it more and more. Games already cost enough as it is, if things keep going the way they are in a few years we will be paying 60 dollars for a game and then 5 bucks to level up or whatever every time we level up, do you really want that to happen?

While I don't disagree with you, it would be just as powerful for everyone to buy the game and not purchase any micro transactions.
Unfortunately, the micro transactions sell.
Buying the game and completely ignoring the micro transactions would actually be a much louder message than not supporting the game and causing them to panic and attempt to recoup some more money.
I'm hoping the game is fun enough to not mind the grind as much and maybe also get lucky and end up with the 40 hour experience versus the 60. In that case I think everything would be fine
Of course in a perfect world I would want your vision to prevail, but honestly I don't see that happening.

That is not true, yes you can play it without the lootboxes and such but to get the TRUE ending of the game you have to endlessly grind for 40-60 hours or buy loot boxes....watch this video if you do not believe me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-61uMtjcSz0
But I heard the game is so fun and long, that it doesnt feel lile a grind. I didnt really care for the story in Shadow or Mordor, and the reviews have said Shadow of War story is kinda meh. Im gonna play Shadow of War the same way, go around and be like Aragorn, slicing up orcs. The combatis what I want out of this game. The Nemesis system, combat and difficulty have been ramped up, so thats good news to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to buy the game and I promise you, I would never buy a loot box.

I would prefer to get the digital version for Xbox to have it on PC as well, but currently no deals for that.

I may just wait until the Nvidia keys from promos make their way to ebay.

I'm gonna buy and play what I want because in the end you will never convince enough people to make any difference in the industry. So I'm not going to miss out on fun games over stuff like this.

I don’t think I’m going to buy any games until the B2G1 in December or perhaps Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Also, a few gripes...Baby Driver has to be the dumbest Fn name for a movie that I can recall and Peanuts Holiday 4k is $35!!! Why, it’s a group of old cartoon, how 4k could it actually be? I’ll take 1080P for $8 to watch w my kids instead.

Thanks for the posts Tyrok. I always look forward to them.

The problem isnt so much a 50-60 hour game, the problem is that the ending of the game is locked behind tedious grinding that is not story or side quest related. And if you dont think this is an issue or a problem moving forward then your a highly naive. This is only the beginning, pretty much every game is doing loot boxes now and when those loot boxes give a competitve edge in PVP or lock out an entire ending of a game behind them like with Shadow of War it is a gigantic problem going forward because when does it end, when does the line get crossed if you think this is ok then companies are going to continue doing it more and more. Games already cost enough as it is, if things keep going the way they are in a few years we will be paying 60 dollars for a game and then 5 bucks to level up or whatever every time we level up, do you really want that to happen?
You mean like how the ending of Bravely Default is locked behind hours of tedious grinding?

Seriously though you're overreacting and your examples given at the end of your post are things that would never happen.

Charging $40 for that busted, shitass Friday the 13th game is way more reprehensible than any loot box business

Also yes lots of games have secret endings locked behind huge grinds or multiple playthroughs. The loot box stuff was a last-minute addition (why it was delayed a month) and had no impact on the development or balancing.

But hey, why bother to look up facts when you can just rely on hysterical ranting from YouTube assholes

Yes, because everyone is an unemployed loser that has dozens of hours to spare to have to go through that bullsht just to be able to progress...

Yes, because everyone is an unemployed loser that has dozens of hours to spare to have to go through that bullsht just to be able to progress...
Jesus why do you have to say that person who can make it thru a game like that Is an unemployed loser? You’re putting yourself down too since it’s your hobby as well. People consume games differently.

fire emblem valentia...now for $28 or wait for cheaper?

I just spent a good chunk of money on a steam sale so I would like to wait...but if the game doesn't go on sale again I'll kinda regret it

Charging $40 for that busted, shitass Friday the 13th game is way more reprehensible than any loot box business
Also yes lots of games have secret endings locked behind huge grinds or multiple playthroughs. The loot box stuff was a last-minute addition (why it was delayed a month) and had no impact on the development or balancing.
But hey, why bother to look up facts when you can just rely on hysterical ranting from YouTube assholes
Lol dude really? Every single one of you condoning this behavior from companies like WB and the various other companies locking content behind either loot boxes or hours and hours of tedious grinding are blind to the fact that this will get worse if you continue to say it's alright and buy games like this. Because even if you buy these games at launch and don't give into the microtransactions you are still giving your stamp of approval on the game. It was not that long ago when the thought of season passes sickened people and now there rarely is a game released without one. If you continue to support the loot boxes crave this will get worse and worse as well. Developers continue to take more and more centent from gamers without paying for it so again I ask where do you draw the line. Because mark my words sooner or later if you keep allowing this it will get to the point to where being able to fully enjoy a game is going to cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars due to more and more content being locked behind either paid elc or loot crate.

Can't wait for The Evil Within 2 on Friday as it starts five games in three weeks for me!!!

Was going to buy Shadow of War but the final battle that must be won in order to see the true ending and the fact that you need to build an army in order to take over the fortresses turned me off to the game. Also, an expansion has already been confirmed for the game in early 2018 so I'll just wait for the complete/goty edition next summer.

The micro-transactions don't even bother me as I have never ever spent a penny on them and never will. NO ONE should ever blame the developers though as it has NOTHING to do with them. It's all about the publishers. WB Games owns Monolith and like every publisher that owns development studios, it's up to them what gets put into the game. It definitely sucks but it's 100% on the publisher as in this case like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, the publisher decided to force it into the game in the last stages of development.

Like every development studio that's owned by a publisher, Monolith is good but in the end, it's not their decision to make so please don't bash the developers.

fire emblem valentia...now for $28 or wait for cheaper?

I just spent a good chunk of money on a steam sale so I would like to wait...but if the game doesn't go on sale again I'll kinda regret it
If you plan to play it soon I'd say go for it. I really enjoyed it.

Battleborn (PS4) $2.99 for GCU Members w/In-Store Pickup

$4.99

-$1 off GCU

-$1 off for switching to store pickup (after initially choosing shipping).

At least don't buy launch day. Make them sweat a little. And then buy end November/early December when we know it'll be $30 somewhere.

Beat Buy has the HD558 for 60 on the app. It is listed in the ad as 80. I think the its lowest it's been I think. Pretty solid price for these.

Lol dude really? Every single one of you condoning this behavior from companies like WB and the various other companies locking content behind either loot boxes or hours and hours of tedious grinding are blind to the fact that this will get worse if you continue to say it's alright and buy games like this.
I replayed the Crash Bandicoot games recently and those lock (very lame and short) secret endings behind tons of tedious collecting. Everyone who bought those PS1 games is to blame for this current situation, obviously. This has always been a thing in video games, dude. Secret endings are always just a huge waste of time. If you're such a completionist that it bothers you, that's your problem.

Because even if you buy these games at launch and don't give into the microtransactions you are still giving your stamp of approval on the game.
Yeah, I do. Because Monolith makes good games. They always have... Except for SHOGO. If you don't buy it, you're not sending any message other than "I don't care about LOTR", while if you buy the game but then buy none of the dumbass boxes, it's much clearer that you're not interested in that bullshit. And given that everyone except Polygon (which, you know, is Polygon) says the boxes are completely inessential, I don't see many people ponying up the cash for them anyway.

It was not that long ago when the thought of season passes sickened people and now there rarely is a game released without one.
I don't care, I don't buy them. I think you've got a big FOMO problem or something. DLC is almost never worth buying.

Developers continue to take more and more centent from gamers without paying for it so again I ask where do you draw the line. Because mark my words sooner or later if you keep allowing this it will get to the point to where being able to fully enjoy a game is going to cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars due to more and more content being locked behind either paid elc or loot crate.
I would draw the line if what you were suggesting actually happened, but it hasn't, and because I don't believe in the slippery slope theory, I don't think it will. If anything, games have been walking it back recently.

Also I paid like 30 dollars for this game so I extra don't care.

Lol dude really? Every single one of you condoning this behavior from companies like WB and the various other companies locking content behind either loot boxes or hours and hours of tedious grinding are blind to the fact that this will get worse if you continue to say it's alright and buy games like this. Because even if you buy these games at launch and don't give into the microtransactions you are still giving your stamp of approval on the game. It was not that long ago when the thought of season passes sickened people and now there rarely is a game released without one. If you continue to support the loot boxes crave this will get worse and worse as well. Developers continue to take more and more centent from gamers without paying for it so again I ask where do you draw the line. Because mark my words sooner or later if you keep allowing this it will get to the point to where being able to fully enjoy a game is going to cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars due to more and more content being locked behind either paid elc or loot crate.
Shut up. Go rally losers somewhere else. This is cag, save money on a hobby we like to do. End of story. You sound like a ignorant teen or college kid because everything in life has microstransactions. I bought a saw to see the ending of a deck I was building but I had to buy saw blades to unlock that ending. I bought a lamp to see the ending of a lit up fucking room but I keep having to buy bulbs.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your philosophy 101 class or trying to save your moms money but none of your nonsense belongs here.

Blah blah blah...
You've successfully converted zero people in this thread with your rant so you can shut up any time now.

Ugh, just got around to updating payment information for some pre orders under the visa checkout promotion awhile back because my credit card got stolen. Rep assured me the discount would stay then even lied to me and said it did but when I checked it was gone and she refused to do anything about it. Never dealt with such a rude person, best buy customer service is usually decent. I have one other order with mario Odyssey in it that I need to update but now I don't know what to do. Anyone have to do this with their orders?

I'm canceling my Battlefront 2 preorder and will wait for a sale.
I'm debating the same and I wish more maps were available but as it stands, I haven't touched beta since day one because of how boring the maps were. Now, sitting here thinking about my experience with BF1 I'm realizing it wasn't just the maps that turned me off, it was their entire design philosophy from lack of vehicles in assault to feeling like only the best teams are rewarded with heroes and exp. I was unable to play as a hero even once in 3-4 hours of playing. I got to play a droid aerial unit once and it was mind-blowing just how big of an impact they make (although using the jetpacks indoors is incredibly useless/impossible to control correctly).

Part of me wants to like it and be there for the first month when it's active but deep down I know if I already feel this way from a first impression, it won't change with the full game. Gotta either accept it, or just move on.

Shut up. Go rally losers somewhere else. This is cag, save money on a hobby we like to do. End of story. You sound like a ignorant teen or college kid because everything in life has microstransactions. I bought a saw to see the ending of a deck I was building but I had to buy saw blades to unlock that ending. I bought a lamp to see the ending of a lit up fucking room but I keep having to buy bulbs.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your philosophy 101 class or trying to save your moms money but none of your nonsense belongs here.
Cheers to this! This is CAG, take this crap conversation to IGN or something. Mods need to delete your shit, you’re high jacking the forum with this opinionated garbage.

Ugh, just got around to updating payment information for some pre orders under the visa checkout promotion awhile back because my credit card got stolen. Rep assured me the discount would stay then even lied to me and said it did but when I checked it was gone and she refused to do anything about it. Never dealt with such a rude person, best buy customer service is usually decent. I have one other order with mario Odyssey in it that I need to update but now I don't know what to do. Anyone have to do this with their orders?

I had the same thing happen with my CC. I went on the Visa Checkout website and changed my card info on there. My hope is that it will go through when Bestbuy hits up my VC account when Mario comes out but we’ll see. I too have quite a few more games tied to those promos. Red Dead 2, God of War 4, Mario Odyssey, Detroit, & Days Gone.

I had the same thing happen with my CC. I went on the Visa Checkout website and changed my card info on there. My hope is that it will go through when Bestbuy hits up my VC account when Mario comes out but we’ll see. I too have quite a few more games tied to those promos. Red Dead 2, God of War 4, Mario Odyssey, Detroit, & Days Gone.
Yeah I updated on visa checkout but on my order page on best buy it shows the old card number still.

Are there limits to how many $10 certificates I can get with a game? I'm going to be pre ordering 3 Marios and thought about placing 3 separate orders for them

bread's done
Back