Star Wars Battlefront 2

Not expecting great things but it's nice to have a MP shooter once in a while and it looks like they're toning down loot crates after player feedback. RNG is a game-killer for me and they're changing it so epic star cards are craft only now, rather than having them drop from loot crates. Gladly take a reasonable grind goal over some nerd getting lucky on his first loot crate and getting some powerful upgrades weeks ahead of anyone else.

I hate gambling so for a person like me, it's a major turn-off. The more they inject this crap into games, the less and less I'll keep coming back. Talk about backfiring. . .

Noticed yesterday that there were some changes in the game but not sure they all made it since I didn't notice more crafting parts in my daily crate. The end of round payout is still a joke unless you're in the top three players (gaining the #1 spot gave me about 2k credits, not placing gave me about 400 which was the old amount). Nice of them to rollout a change to arcade mode and NOT TELL ANYONE other than on the blog (is using your news feed that hard EA? fucking flurbs) so pretty sure I missed out on 1k credits yesterday. :roll:

Anyway, it will help make the grind less tedious but it will still take weeks to months to get all that you want. By then, will anyone still be playing?

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YdZg97qIo

I've been watching this guy's videos since 2015 Battlefront and I can legitimately say I agree with him on all points raised. For those trolls saying "git gud" or criticizing him for not playing enough in the comments, this guy stomps at BF. You can see him owning people in the video and the rest of his channel is dedicated to 2015 Battlefront "How To" videos as he's a beast at this series so lol at anyone who is saying he's not good at the game. As someone who loved the first game, I've played this game maybe a couple hours and it was a rental as I canceled my preorder when I heard about the loot boxes. It is absolutely amazing and sad EA fucked this game up after Dice did a very commendable job with the first one. No one hated season passes, they hated the fact that the base game came pretty bare. Maybe I'm biased but I thought the game had enough at launch and I liked the fact that every 2-3 months we'd have new stuff to look forward to.

Season pass in a MP game just fragments the community and was a stupid idea. That's what people hated most about the first game I think and it was certainly the reason I quit. I've been having plenty of fun with the new game but it's likely due to the fact that I just love Star Wars. The experience for me to run around as a trooper, or as a hero, is just plain fun despite the lag issues that still plague the game (at least the crashing has stopped).

I guess, despite all the bullshit, it just isn't enough to ruin it for me and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

Had time to test out the patch last night and it's pretty bad. Their lag fix is client side only, so no more stutter-stepping for you; only now EVERYTHING ELSE stutter-steps, including AT-AT's (which is pretty fucking hilarious to watch happen). In fact lag wasn't really an issue for a while now but last night I saw some of the worst I've seen. The one good change is you can now see what map is being played on the loading screen between matches but that's it.

The new map is utter trash; was not a fan of having to duck into fox holes for half the match while first order walkers slowly advance across a unobstructed, salt flat. Basically, you snipe for half the match or just hide underground until the walkers make it. It's literally pointless to do anything else. Then it's a king of the hill match, where first order has the obvious advantage when 2 AT-ST's can just rampage inside a small cavern facing until they secure it. Then you attack some objectives until they die or you run out of team deaths. It's great for first order if you're a competent tank commander and just go HAM on people, but oh so boring as rebels. About the only good thing is presentation, but that's it.

New heroes. . .what's to say other than Phasma is god awful and Finn is OP AF. He sports two team buffs that are incredible and his single target move makes sure all his blaster shots hit. Yes, it's an easymode button on enemy heroes for people with zero aim. Why the fuck is this in a competitive shooter? In all the history of MP FPS games, which one has ever given a player a on use aim bot? Apparently Overwatch has something like this, but we don't need Blizzard levels of failure in this game on top of EA's. Devs need to check their privilege.

TL;DR bad patch, lag is back, new map sucks, new heroes both need balancing.

bread's done
Back