- - - - -

Official NHL 18 Discussion/CAG Team/VS League Thread - Sign Up Now!

NHL 18 League VS EASHL Rob Robbed Robbing

#1 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:06 PM

M8g8q7U.gifpTSbrgw.gifAevEIaz.gif
10 YEARS! 10 FUCKING YEARS OF CAG HOCKEY!!!

​Yes, can you believe it? The CAG Hockey Team has been together for an entire decade! Well, technically, the 10th anniversary won't be until September 2018, since most anniversaries are celebrated at completion. But reaching completion prematurely is what we're all about, so why not celebrate early?

NHL 18 marks our 10th game playing together as a team. Naturally, we have a set group of people who have played together for a very long time, but if you want to play with us, seriously, just sign on and play with us. As long as you're not some tard who pisses everybody off, you'll be fine. Basically, just don't play like the AI.

Webpage
Ha...haha...webpage. Yeah, believe it or not, this game used to actually have features.

Roster
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position | Hockey Card
#1 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | BendOverFor TheButtSex | LW/RD |
#2 | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | Dover Harde | RD/RW |
#9 | TheN8torious | TheN8torious | FirstTime SurpriseAnal | C/LD/LW |
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | PANDICK AT THE DISCO | LD/G |
#71 | jza1218 | statnut28 | DR HORSESEMIN | RW/C |
#? | AttackingMVP | AttackingMVP | Anita ChubChub | RW

***IMPORTANT***
One thing that we strongly recommend is that you do not use the "Be a Pro" or "Action" camera types. While these angles can be exciting for single player modes, they do a poor job of showing you the ice and which teammates may be open (especially players behind you). Since we strive to play strong team hockey and get everyone involved, it makes sense to be able to see the entire zone as you play. The CAG team advises that you use the "Ice", "Classic", or even "Overhead" cameras.

When We Play
Our official CAG Hockey Nights have fluctuated a bit the past couple years, but you can almost always find us on Friday nights (occasionally Saturday too). We usually start around 10 PM EST and end in the wee hours of the morning. These hockey nights can be filled with ranked games against other EASHL clubs, team practices to improve on basic skills and fundamentals, or even intrasquad games to compete against each other. There are also other random times throughout the week that we play, but Friday night is when you'll always find the team. If you'd like to play, please feel free to join us! If you'd like your information posted on the team roster, please see the "How to Sign Up" section below. See you on the ice!

How To Sign Up
Keep in mind, we have official weekly Hockey Nights on Fridays from 10PM EST - UNTIL (usually 1-2AM EST), and do play other random times as well. The more time you put into the team, the better we'll be and the more you'll get out of it.

If you're interested in taking part in these fun and awesome community gatherings, just find the team in the game (search...um...well, we change teams a lot. Add us as a friend and search clubs by friends), and send a join request. And be sure to post in the thread and include the following information:
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

Coach Alan's Corner

Getting The Most Out of Your Player
The following guide will show you how to best distribute your points and which boosts you should apply based on the cost of raising each attribute. Setting your player up wisely will give you an edge over the competition!

http://www.operation...81&postcount=10

Custom Soundpack
As you may or may not know, NHL 12 allows people to set their own custom playlists for in game events (team intros, goals, penalties, etc.). The great thing about this is you can stream the music from your computer and have the playlists pre-set. All you have to do is assign them to the specific events in game. You can find the pack here, along with full instructions on how to install it.

NHL 12 Soundpack
http://forum.ea.com/...st/5743466.page

Older Soundpack
http://www.thebreaka...ead.php?t=21508

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:06 PM

VS League Info

​A league? In NHL? Not possible, right? Yeah, well, you're mostly right. After a couple lackluster and half-hearted attempts by EA to implement an online franchise mode into the NHL series, they completely abandoned the idea, because in their words "nobody played it". If you want to see why nobody played it, here you go:
https://www.youtube....h?v=gSPUueO3KFE

Before that train wreck, they had a very basic round robin style "league" where each team played each other X number of times, and the top teams moved on to the playoffs. Very simple, but at least it worked. But ever since the series jumped to next gen with NHL 15, there has been no online league mode at all.

What We're Doing

After four years of that garbage, enough is enough. Ideas were floated around this past spring of taking things very old school and doing a simple "pen and paper" league. Basically, we'd play online versus games in a format similar to how things were before GM Connected existed.

My thought is each team plays each other twice...and you do it in the same sitting to make scheduling as easy as possible. One person sends the invite for the first game. And the other person sends the invite for the second game. This allows each team to host a home game. After you're done playing, you come to this thread to report the results in the following format:

​Your Team Name vs. Opponent's Team Name

Game 1: Your Score - Opponent's Score

Game 2: Your Score - Opponent's Score

The number of teams we have will determine the season length. This will not be a "must play 3 teams per week" kind of league. Honestly, it's more likely to be 1 team per week.  But rather than having a weekly deadline, there will just be an end date for the regular season. For example, if we have 8 teams total, the regular season will last 7 weeks. Any series not played at the end of 7 weeks will be split with one win and one loss awarded to each team.

Jim-Mora-Playoffs.jpg

After the regular season, we'll move on to the playoffs. The number of teams that make the playoffs will again depend on the total number of teams we have. If we have 8 teams, we'd probably have the top 4 move on to the playoffs. If we had 10, we might do top 8. I'm open to ideas here. We can also discuss series length for the playoffs. I think a best of 3 would be good because it keeps it short...but also adds intrigue for any regular season series that may have been split.

Team Selection

Always a delicate subject, haha. Luckily, I have over a decade of experience in figuring out the most fair way to do it. Every person interested in joining the league should send CAGLeagueSports a private message with their top 5 team choices. After everyone has submitted their list, the choices will be reviewed and if you are the only person who put a team as your #1 choice, you will get that team.

If two or more people have the same team listed as their #1 choice, I'll go to a random number generator to decide who gets that team. The people who don't get that team will get the next available team on their list. But remember, if you put a team #2 and somebody else put them #1, they would get the team over you, and you'd get your #3, #4, or #5. It's the next team available.

Other than that, I don't think there's too much to hash out. Online versus mode has pretty standard settings, so probably no need to change anything. Of course, if anybody has any suggestions, feel free to voice them. The simpler we keep things, the better our chances for success.

Otherwise, feel free to express your interest and start submitting your team lists via PM.

#3 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

Reserved for Rob

CHXpVHW.png

#4 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4892 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:35 AM

Reserved for me? Oh boy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#5 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

Reserved for me? Oh boy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, just like valet parking...only different.

#6 statnut  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

I'm interested. I've heard good things about you guys.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NHL 18, League, VS, EASHL, Rob, Robbed, Robbing