NBA Live 18 - $23.99 with GCU (PS4/X1)

Anobody that played this heard anything good about this game?
If you just want to play a season with the teams the way they are and don't care about classic teams, virtual currency, and getting haircuts, it's actually really really good. Seriously. The presentation and arenas look better than that other game too.

If you just want to play a season with the teams the way they are and don't care about classic teams, virtual currency, and getting haircuts, it's actually really really good. Seriously. The presentation and arenas look better than that other game too.
How is The One mode? That’s what will sway my purchase.

Thanks OP, that's my price point even without GCU. If you want to avoid paying shipping for orders under $35, you can buy it from Best Buy on Ebay and won't get charged shipping. It was perfect timing as I had $1.21 in Ebay Bucks and used it on the purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought both this and NBA2K and actually preferred NBA Live. For the record I hadn't played a basketball game in a few years and found this to be easier to pick up and play.
The reason I quit buying 2K Basketball even though it's superior is all the VC bullshit they've introduced into the game.

The reason I quit buying 2K Basketball even though it's superior is all the VC bullshit they've introduced into the game.
In general I feel as though they've taken the sports games too far. The stuff with their happiness levels, etc.....it drives me crazy. If I trade for a guy and start him, he should not suddenly get upset about his playing time. I like what was said earlier about just playing the games. As a 42 year old, that's all I want to do. The extra horsesh*t just cuts into the limited hours that I actually have to play.

In general I feel as though they've taken the sports games too far. The stuff with their happiness levels, etc.....it drives me crazy. If I trade for a guy and start him, he should not suddenly get upset about his playing time. I like what was said earlier about just playing the games. As a 42 year old, that's all I want to do. The extra horsesh*t just cuts into the limited hours that I actually have to play.
I know what you mean. Im playing MyGM (formerly franchise mode) and I have to sit through the same story crap everytime I start a new one. I wish there was a skip option.

I just played some of the trial on EA Access and actually really liked it. Know Live gotten a lot of hate this gen over 2K but it’s not bad — at least 18.

That said, I don’t play sports games enough to buy them so will stick with the 10 hours I have on Access and wait for it to be free on it.

For those that are into it though or on PS4, this is an incredible deal so soon after launch.

I decided to pick it up after trying it out on EA Access. It’s easy to pick up and play, NBA2k has gotten too complicated on the controls. Also did in store pickup $1 and $5 cert. No brained for some casual NBA fun. Scanned my face in and it looks awesome.

How is the online vs modes in this.

2K has been absolute crap for online competitive play. Ridiculous for a sports game in 2017 to still not have accurate online leaderboards and shit match making.

bread's done
Back