* * * * - 1 votes

How do you decide on what tp play?

#1 the_red_tide  

the_red_tide

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

I have massive backlog, but have hardly played anything in the past few months,  Problem is the pile just keeps growing if I see a good deal.

#2 katastrophic88  

katastrophic88

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:12 AM

Just pick one and start playing. I have a pretty extensive backlog, but once you select a game and boot it up, the rest comes easily. Then, that's one less game in your backlog. Overthinking what to play next usually results in me watching Netflix. :)

#3 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

How I determine what to start playing:
- What sort of platform am I in the mood for? Console, PC, or handheld?
- What type of game am I in the mood for? This can be based on genre, developer, franchise, or anything else.
- How long is the game? Will I have the time to enjoy it? I love JRPGs, but sometimes have to avoid them for a little while until I'm less busy with other stuff.

That's pretty much it. If, for whatever reason, I can't decide, then I'll pick one at random.
sig.gif
2018 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#4 handydiamond  

handydiamond

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:24 AM

I just choose what I want to play and  it depends on the availability of the games I like.

#5 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1947 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:01 AM

start off with short games and easy to pick up n play types. You'll eventually get into a groove & move onto longer length games.
if you discover you dont enjoy the game you're playing don't force yourself, just drop it [sell it] move on to the next.

#6 katastrophic88  

katastrophic88

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:11 PM

start off with short games and easy to pick up n play types. You'll eventually get into a groove & move onto longer length games.
if you discover you dont enjoy the game you're playing don't force yourself, just drop it [sell it] move on to the next.

^ Sound advice. It's all about building momentum.