Movies anywhere (Get 5 movies free)

YTRyanSullins

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Apparently several studios led by Disney have decided that UV isn't gonna work out and they are starting their own service.
(Fox, Sony Universal, Disney, WB)
KlfxXTd.png

At this time not sure what this means for UV but its not all bad.
This new service connects Vudu, Google, Amazon and Itunes which means any qualifying purchase you make from any of those relaters will show up on the other.
aDdHeaK.png

Im not sure of the fine details but this does add UV copies to your vudu library of all non Disney movies you owned on these other services so that means more movies shared in your family library. What Im not sure is if purchases made on itunes in 4k will translate to 4k on vudu or google, Im also not sure if purchase you made on other services that transfer to itunes will transfer back to other services in 4k since itunes upgrades titles with 4k for free.

Let me cut the BS you are here for the free movies.
Connect 1 retailer get
Ice Age 1
Ghostbusters (2016)

Connect 2 or more retailers get
Big Hero 6
Jason Bourne
The Lego Movie
41zYuht.jpg

I think if the other studios jump on this then this will be a great service which will allow us the consumer to choose where we want to buy our movies instead of being forced to pay higher prices at 1 place we can shop multiple.

Extra Note:
Eligable titles will have the movies anwhere logo on them on their respective sites.
Vudu:
6cC1TRl.png
(Disney movies have only the MA logo not sure how new nonDisney movies will be in the future, if Atomic Blond is right we may not see UV in it.)
Google:
TuS5vbv.png

Amazon: No logo present
Itunes: No Logo present
(Just make sure your purchase is from a qualifying studio)

Link https://moviesanywhere.com/explore

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered why I got those movies added in at the top of my list. I guess I buy too many movies because I already owned all five of these digital. Thanks for posting this thread though

I linked my Vudu and Google Play accounts and I'm watching my Purchased movies on GP skyrocket.  This is fun! :)

What Im not sure is if purchases made on itunes in 4k will translate to 4k on vudu or google, Im also not sure if purchase you made on other services that transfer to itunes will transfer back to other services in 4k since itunes upgrades titles with 4k for free.
Not sure about that first part, but I can confirm that buying a title on, for example, Vudu in HDX which transfers to iTunes and gets upgraded to 4K does not then flow back to Vudu and grant a 4K upgrade on Vudu as well.

Edit: I don't really use iTunes, so I don't know if this is accurate, but I saw someone say that the upgrade on iTunes isn't actually giving you a 4K license. You still only have a 1080p HD license, but their system just lets you watch it in the highest quality anyway due to whatever deal iTunes worked out to allow it.

Not sure about that first part, but I can confirm that buying a title on, for example, Vudu in HDX which transfers to iTunes and gets upgraded to 4K does not then flow back to Vudu and grant a 4K upgrade on Vudu as well.

Edit: I don't really use iTunes, so I don't know if this is accurate, but I saw someone say that the upgrade on iTunes isn't actually giving you a 4K license. You still only have a 1080p HD license, but their system just lets you watch it in the highest quality anyway due to whatever deal iTunes worked out to allow it.
Concerning the first part, I already see an opportunity on their website because when you view a movie that you own you can't tell in what quality you own the movie (or if you can I can't see where).

And I wouldn't be surprised if Apple handles licenses that way on the new Apple TV. It would be unfortunate but it also makes sense.

So itunes does allow you to redeem those disc digital copy and they do share across to vudu. As of right now itunes isn't sharing with google but I assume this is a glitch.

So far so good. About 50 iTunes copies got added and now I’m able to watch them on the VUDU app. This is great since movies like lord of the rings and Harry Potters got ported over from my iTunes and I was close in using my T-Mobile vudu credits to convert those but not anymore now. I’m just missing Harry Potter 3 & 4, I’ll get them when T-Mobile comes round and I’m set. So far so good.

So I noticed something in YouTube/GP.  I was watching my total purchased movies climb and climb and it stopped at 1646.  A few hours later, it dropped to 1621 and then 1619 and now 1614 and probably further over time.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Connected my Amazon, Vudu and Disney to MA and nothing changed on my Vudu list, nor do I see the promo movies.
It hasn't exactly been a smooth rollout for them. Probably why they decided to start with only US. Yesterday their site was saying some connections could take more than 8hrs which my iTunes took longer than 8 to connect.
I'm also having issues with iTunes purchases showing up on Google hopefully just a glitch , guess we gotta just give it more time

https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005188183-Digital-Retailer-Linking-and-Syncing-of-movies-experiencing-delays

I wondered why I got those movies added in at the top of my list. I guess I buy too many movies because I already owned all five of these digital. Thanks for posting this thread though
I owned four of the six - so at least I got Ice Age and Jason Bourne for free?

Does anyone know if you buy a movie on Movies Anywhere if it just stays in your Keychest locker? Those 5 free movies show up in my UV (under myuv.com) and I can see them in Vudu/etc. But someone I share my UV accoun with can not see them.

Side note, I got an email code for Spiderman Homecoming from BB for my pre-order and I had to sign up for Fandango Now account to redeem, and that went in my UV and the people I Share with can see that one. I figure the movies anywhere should work the same since they got put in my UV?

Got the email yesterday and signed in on the app. Glad you posted this, I was able to connect all my accounts and received the 5 movies free. Granted I own 3 of those but still free is free!

Does anyone know if you buy a movie on Movies Anywhere if it just stays in your Keychest locker? Those 5 free movies show up in my UV (under myuv.com) and I can see them in Vudu/etc. But someone I share my UV accoun with can not see them.

Side note, I got an email code for Spiderman Homecoming from BB for my pre-order and I had to sign up for Fandango Now account to redeem, and that went in my UV and the people I Share with can see that one. I figure the movies anywhere should work the same since they got put in my UV?
If they are able to see the movies when they log to their account at www.myuv.com, then it should only be a matter of time before the movie shows up in their Vudu account. If it hasn't shown up in a day or two, I would have them disconnect and reconnect their UV/Vudu accounts.

Can anyone with an iTunes account that has no associated 4K capable device connected to a DMA account confirm that you are receiving upgrades to any of your 4K capable movies?

Side note, I got an email code for Spiderman Homecoming from BB for my pre-order and I had to sign up for Fandango Now account to redeem
Actually you could have redeemed it on vudu just fine since it is a UV movie that they have. On a side note all old uv codes including ones that just came out from those studios should redeem on movies anywhere's website without problem.

Does anyone know if you buy a movie on Movies Anywhere if it just stays in your Keychest locker?
Movies anywhere actually doesn't sell anything. It instead let's you choose where to buy and even set up a preferred retailer if you want. (Vudu, Google, amazon, iTunes) all purchases should share across all 5 service but I am still having the issue with iTunes sharing with Google even though it's sharing to vudu. Hopefully this will fix it's self in the coming days.

I've been a long time supporter of UV, and I really liked Disney's implementation of DMA. With DMA, I had finally found a good use of free digital credits from Amazon and Google ... using them to boost my DMA account and having the movies transfer to Vudu (my preferred service).

About a quarter of my UV account is TV shows. Is there any indication that these will be included in MA as well?

No word yet. My guess is they need to prove the service can actually run as intended before they expand to the shows. Vudu is also my preferred application. Any good deals on Disney movies on any of these services?

I was excited when I saw the promo, not interested in any of the free movies. Was hoping there was some choice.

I was excited when I saw the promo, not interested in any of the free movies. Was hoping there was some choice.
I'm in the middle of a debate with myself. I've connected the requisite two accounts to MA to get the five "free" movies (I already had three of them), but I can connect the other two more but I am waiting to see if they offer more movies for connecting more accounts. :)

Did anyone successfully get their Vudu movies in iTunes?  My iTunes ones showed up in Vudu, but nothing from Vudu ported over to iTunes.

Nevermind, I disconnected both Vudu and iTunes through Movies Anywhere, then reconnected them.  They're finally talking to each other after a week :)

Lion King still hasn't shown up in my Movies Anywhere account and neither has Baby Driver. I haven't thoroughly checked for anything else.
I redeemed baby driver through Vudu and Lion King through DMR. Both are showing up on my Movies Anywhere account. Maybe your accounts are linked correctly or something

I've been recently adding older movies I had with digital copy discs to my iTunes like Sucker Punch, Cedar Rapids, Thor, and Iron man 2. They redeem fine and show up to play on my iTunes but for some reason Thor and Iron Man 2 don't transfer over to Movies Anywhere.

I've been recently adding older movies I had with digital copy discs to my iTunes like Sucker Punch, Cedar Rapids, Thor, and Iron man 2. They redeem fine and show up to play on my iTunes but for some reason Thor and Iron Man 2 don't transfer over to Movies Anywhere.
I checked Thor and Iron Man 2 and they both show up in my account. Still no Lion King, tho.

Out of curiosity... has anyone linked an iTunes account and gotten movies to show up on VUDU or do they just show up on Movies Anywhere?
The issue I had was iTunes not sharing to google. They shared to Vudu just fine. After contact with MA support and about 2 weeks they disconnected my iTunes and let me reconnected and it fixed the issue.

After all this time, Lion King finally decided to show up in my account some time in the past few days.  I did redeem another Disney movie over the weekend so maybe that did something to trigger their server/database, who knows.

After all this time, Lion King finally decided to show up in my account some time in the past few days. I did redeem another Disney movie over the weekend so maybe that did something to trigger their server/database, who knows.
I don't remember if it showed up originally or not, but I now see Lion King at the top of my owned list in both MA and Vudu when sorted by redemption date.

I have not done any redemptions in MA or Vudu or iTunes since linking accounts.

Toy Story of Terror also showed up as new in my MA list, so they must be fixing issues.

Thanks op on saving me any money spent on ghostbusters. Just tried watching it with my son. Gave up at the “rhythm of the night” scene.

It’s nice having all my digital films in one place, although I had some Gamera flicks though Vudu that aren’t showing up for some reason.

Thanks op on saving me any money spent on ghostbusters. Just tried watching it with my son. Gave up at the “rhythm of the night” scene.

It’s nice having all my digital films in one place, although I had some Gamera flicks though Vudu that aren’t showing up for some reason.
There still are quite a few that aren't transferring. None of my old Marvel movies and Disney movies are transferring from iTunes. Hopefully they will fix this in the future

I just bought Big Hero 6 on bluray too haha, hmm what to do with the digital code it came with :???:
Since it's a Disney movie and should redeem in HD, you should be able to redeem the code at any service that is connected to your MA account and it should flow to all of them with no problems.

EDIT - If the movie is available in 4K in iTunes (I don't know either way), redeem it there to get an automatic upgrade to 4K.

I think ar4757 is referring to the fact big hero 6 is free after connecting the service so now the digital copy of it isn't of much use at the moment

Many thanks received all 5 movies I had been wanting to see the 2016 ghostbusters flick.This service sounds amazing before I could not watch my itunes purchases on my big screen tv if this service does what it says I will be able to.

INMATEofARKHAM said:
There's still some. You get 5 movies total so if you have one it gives a different movie, in this case Moana.
Where did you hear about this? I did not get any different movies and I already owned the Lego movie and big hero 6 when I joined.

Where did you hear about this? I did not get any different movies and I already owned the Lego movie and big hero 6 when I joined.
I joined early so maybe they stopped... I owned 4 of the 5 movies (Didn't have any desire to own the new Ghostbusters movies) and got Moana, Man on Fire, Men of Honor, Red Tails, and the above mentioned new Ghostbusters movie.

I suggest going to VUDU and organize your movies buy purchase date and look at the movies around this time.

Your lucky because I for one as an early adopted didn't get compensation for any movies I owned, Big hero six, Lego movie and ice age
All I know for sure is I didn't buy them and they came in at the same time as Ghostbusters did. if it matters I do likely have a large collection of digital movies... (450 movies and I own 38 TV shows of at least one season.)

INMATEofARKHAM said:
I joined early so maybe they stopped... I owned 4 of the 5 movies (Didn't have any desire to own the new Ghostbusters movies) and got Moana, Man on Fire, Men of Honor, Red Tails, and the above mentioned new Ghostbusters movie.

I suggest going to VUDU and organize your movies buy purchase date and look at the movies around this time.
INMATEofARKHAM said:
All I know for sure is I didn't buy them and they came in at the same time as Ghostbusters did. if it matters I do likely have a large collection of digital movies... (450 movies and I own 38 TV shows of at least one season.)
I am wondering if some of these came from your amazon account and you forgot you had bought some of them when they were free. I can't explain Moana but red tails, men of honor, and man on fire were all free at amazon on February 3rd of 2016. I remember because I have watched red tails several times since I got it for free because it is a great movie. Also they are all Fox movies and not different studios if it was alternates I would think you would have got one alternate from each of the other studios.

bread's done
Back