- - - - -

Movies anywhere (Get 5 movies free)

#31 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

Out of curiosity... has anyone linked an iTunes account and gotten movies to show up on VUDU or do they just show up on Movies Anywhere?

Yes
Several but not all of my iTunes moved to Vudu through MA

#32 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

Out of curiosity... has anyone linked an iTunes account and gotten movies to show up on VUDU or do they just show up on Movies Anywhere?

The issue I had was iTunes not sharing to google. They shared to Vudu just fine. After contact with MA support and about 2 weeks they disconnected my iTunes and let me reconnected and it fixed the issue.

#33 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5833 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

Yes
Several but not all of my iTunes moved to Vudu through MA

The issue I had was iTunes not Charing to google. They charged to Vudu just fine. After contact with MA support and about 2 weeks they disconnected my iTunes and let me reconnected and it fixed the issue.

Cool, thanks for the info!

#34 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1062 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:17 AM

After all this time, Lion King finally decided to show up in my account some time in the past few days.  I did redeem another Disney movie over the weekend so maybe that did something to trigger their server/database, who knows.

#35 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1646 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:15 PM

After all this time, Lion King finally decided to show up in my account some time in the past few days. I did redeem another Disney movie over the weekend so maybe that did something to trigger their server/database, who knows.

I don't remember if it showed up originally or not, but I now see Lion King at the top of my owned list in both MA and Vudu when sorted by redemption date.

I have not done any redemptions in MA or Vudu or iTunes since linking accounts.

Toy Story of Terror also showed up as new in my MA list, so they must be fixing issues.

#36 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:10 AM

Thanks op on saving me any money spent on ghostbusters. Just tried watching it with my son. Gave up at the “rhythm of the night” scene.

It’s nice having all my digital films in one place, although I had some Gamera flicks though Vudu that aren’t showing up for some reason.

#37 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:14 AM

Thanks op on saving me any money spent on ghostbusters. Just tried watching it with my son. Gave up at the “rhythm of the night” scene.

It’s nice having all my digital films in one place, although I had some Gamera flicks though Vudu that aren’t showing up for some reason.

There still are quite a few that aren't transferring. None of my old Marvel movies and Disney movies are transferring from iTunes. Hopefully they will fix this in the future

#38 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

I just bought Big Hero 6 on bluray too haha, hmm what to do with the digital code it came with  :???:

#39 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11122 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:04 PM

I just bought Big Hero 6 on bluray too haha, hmm what to do with the digital code it came with :???:

Since it's a Disney movie and should redeem in HD, you should be able to redeem the code at any service that is connected to your MA account and it should flow to all of them with no problems.

EDIT - If the movie is available in 4K in iTunes (I don't know either way), redeem it there to get an automatic upgrade to 4K.

#40 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:09 AM

I think ar4757 is referring to the fact big hero 6 is free after connecting the service so now the digital copy of it isn't of much use at the moment

#41 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11122 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:34 AM

I think ar4757 is referring to the fact big hero 6 is free after connecting the service so now the digital copy of it isn't of much use at the moment

Good point. :)

#42 CGH   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:48 AM

Many thanks received all 5 movies I had been wanting to see the 2016 ghostbusters flick.This service sounds amazing before I could not watch my itunes purchases on my big screen tv if this service does what it says I will be able to.

#43 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5833 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:22 AM

There's still some. You get 5 movies total so if you have one it gives a different movie, in this case Moana.

#44 Cloulien   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:13 AM

There's still some. You get 5 movies total so if you have one it gives a different movie, in this case Moana.

Where did you hear about this? I did not get any different movies and I already owned the Lego movie and big hero 6 when I joined.

#45 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5833 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:45 AM

Where did you hear about this? I did not get any different movies and I already owned the Lego movie and big hero 6 when I joined.

I joined early so maybe they stopped...  I owned 4 of the 5 movies (Didn't have any desire to own the new Ghostbusters movies) and got Moana, Man on Fire, Men of Honor, Red Tails, and the above mentioned new Ghostbusters movie.

I suggest going to VUDU and organize your movies buy purchase date and look at the movies around this time.

#46 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

Your lucky because I for one as an early adopted didn't get compensation for any movies I owned, Big hero six, Lego movie and ice age

#47 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5833 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Your lucky because I for one as an early adopted didn't get compensation for any movies I owned, Big hero six, Lego movie and ice age

All I know for sure is I didn't buy them and they came in at the same time as Ghostbusters did.  if it matters I do likely have a large collection of digital movies...  (450 movies and I own 38 TV shows of at least one season.)

#48 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1646 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

I already owned all 5 movies and didn't receive any alternates either.

#49 Cloulien   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:45 PM

I joined early so maybe they stopped...  I owned 4 of the 5 movies (Didn't have any desire to own the new Ghostbusters movies) and got Moana, Man on Fire, Men of Honor, Red Tails, and the above mentioned new Ghostbusters movie.

I suggest going to VUDU and organize your movies buy purchase date and look at the movies around this time.

All I know for sure is I didn't buy them and they came in at the same time as Ghostbusters did.  if it matters I do likely have a large collection of digital movies...  (450 movies and I own 38 TV shows of at least one season.)

I am wondering if some of these came from your amazon account and you forgot you had bought some of them when they were free. I can't explain Moana but red tails, men of honor, and man on fire were all free at amazon on February 3rd of 2016. I remember because I have watched red tails several times since I got it for free because it is a great movie. Also they are all Fox movies and not different studios if it was alternates I would think you would have got one alternate from each of the other studios.

#50 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5833 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

I am wondering if some of these came from your amazon account and you forgot you had bought some of them when they were free. I can't explain Moana but red tails, men of honor, and man on fire were all free at amazon on February 3rd of 2016. I remember because I have watched red tails several times since I got it for free because it is a great movie. Also they are all Fox movies and not different studios if it was alternates I would think you would have got one alternate from each of the other studios.

You must be right... I don't really remember ever going to amazon to get a free movies for their streaming service but since no one else got different movies it's the only thing that makes sense.

Sorry for the confusion, all.

Speaking of movies transferring over... Has anyone checked to see if Star Wars: A New Hope transfered over? (Fox and Disney both have rights to it which is why it never transferred over with DMA.)

#51 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:26 PM

On Vudu it shows both MA and UV logo https://www.vudu.com...Wars-A-New-Hope
So by all means it should but I don't own it so I can't confirm.

#52 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11122 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

You must be right... I don't really remember ever going to amazon to get a free movies for their streaming service but since no one else got different movies it's the only thing that makes sense.

Sorry for the confusion, all.

Speaking of movies transferring over... Has anyone checked to see if Star Wars: A New Hope transfered over? (Fox and Disney both have rights to it which is why it never transferred over with DMA.)

I bought the six SW movies from GP and Ep. 4 moved to Vudu no problem.